Cubs-Cards NLDS

LittleHurt05

• Replies 890
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (AustinIllini @ Oct 10, 2015 -> 08:51 PM)
Really? Losing 6-3 but "should have won?"

Okay. sure.

Ugh...yeah..okay...sure.

Maybe "should have won" is a bit strong, but there definitely should not have been a 5-run inning. Thus, making it much closer of a game, and a winnable game for the Cards. Ugh...okay...ugh...sure. Duh...Duh...

Edited by soxfan85

QUOTE (AustinIllini @ Oct 10, 2015 -> 08:51 PM)
Really? Losing 6-3 but "should have won?"

Okay. sure.

Btw, you are one weird sox fan. I don't post here much, but I read this forum all of the time. You are one weird dude. You should probably stay off of here. You are nothing but a trouble maker.

QUOTE (soxfan85 @ Oct 10, 2015 -> 09:14 PM)
Btw, you are one weird sox fan. I don't post here much, but I read this forum all of the time. You are one weird dude. You should probably stay off of here. You are nothing but a trouble maker.

Sorry, I thought this was the general baseball discussion board. I thought we were talking about the Cubs and the Cardinals series. Not sure what this has to do with my White Sox fandom.

Edited by AustinIllini

QUOTE (chw42 @ Oct 10, 2015 -> 10:17 PM)
Cardinals are in trouble. Who's going to start game 4? You might as well pencil in game 3 as a win for the Cubs.

Today was Lance Lynn's "side session" day so I think he will still pitch Tuesday. But he sucks now. Then again, so does Jason Hammel so who knows. It's hard to imagine Arrieta losing game 3, but then again Kershaw & Price have lost a combined 11 straight playoff starts. s*** happens.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Oct 10, 2015 -> 10:34 PM)
You can't start Lynn. Either Garcia or they go really radical and start Wainright for symbolic/emotional motivation, knowing he can probably only give you 2-3 innings.

That's assuming a 2-1 deficit.

Yep, just like Collins, but worse was Matheny today. No need to burn through your entire bullpen. It's not like you get 3 days in between like the NBA.

Maddon said something to the effect that the Cardinals are "overwhelmed" by the Cubs. And Cubs fans call the Cardinals pompus. Who is holding up the "Its Gonna Happen" signs everywhere? Carrying the dumb W flags to opposing parks? Who has all the World Series titles?

GMAB

QUOTE (Brian @ Oct 11, 2015 -> 07:36 AM)
Maddon said something to the effect that the Cardinals are "overwhelmed" by the Cubs. And Cubs fans call the Cardinals pompus. Who is holding up the "Its Gonna Happen" signs everywhere? Carrying the dumb W flags to opposing parks? Who has all the World Series titles?

GMAB

It's almost as annoying as that "Go Cubs Go!" theme song.

Even if Arrieta wins it tomorrow (and he looked pretty hittable on Wednesday if the Pirates hadn't been so busy psyching themselves out), I don't think the Cards are done. Hammel hasn't been any good since the first half, and they already beat Lester and the Cubs can't touch Lackey this year.

QUOTE (Brian @ Oct 11, 2015 -> 08:36 AM)

GMAB

Cubs really have not impressed me in the playoffs. I think they are just hot garbage crashing back to life in 2016. I could be wrong.

QUOTE (Brian @ Oct 11, 2015 -> 08:36 AM)

GMAB

Cardinals fans are beyond pompous.

I went to the game yesterday, good times. And I'm shocked some of you guys are just giving the cubs game 3, it's baseball, weird s*** happens all the time.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Oct 11, 2015 -> 01:06 PM)
Cardinals fans are beyond pompous.

But somehow less so than Cubs fans.

It just seems less because at the very least, Cardinal fans have a reason to be pompous (many WS titles) as opposed to the Cubs (NO titles in forever)