Sox to go trade route possibly

Whisox05

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Nov 9, 2015 -> 03:57 PM)
I remember attending a Sox game in Seattle with Felix Hernandez against Phil Humber. Carlos Quentin hit a laser homerun to left field off the King. Humber was dueling Hernandez and Sox lost 3-2 when Thonrton blew it with 2 out in the bottom of the 9th

And I saw Dylan Axelrod actually outduel King Felix,

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (WhiteSoxLifer @ Nov 10, 2015 -> 12:04 AM)
Theo on a trade w with White Sox: “I’d be up for it. If it helps both teams on the surface, why not?”

https://twitter.com/ESPNChiCubs/status/663853671172599808

here is my translation.

as long as it helps both teams, from the sCrubs,

ss/3b - Castro, c-Ross and they would throw in 3b - Hannemann

for either Q or Rodon.

QUOTE (LDF @ Nov 9, 2015 -> 05:18 PM)
here is my translation.

as long as it helps both teams, from the sCrubs,

ss/3b - Castro, c-Ross and they would throw in 3b - Hannemann

for either Q or Rodon.

There is so much wrong with this that I don't even know where to start.

1. Why would the Sox want Castro or Ross?

2. Even if they did want them, why would they trade Q or Rodon for them?

3. Who is Hannemann?

4. The Cubs and Sox won't be making any blockbuster deals any time soon.

QUOTE (ChiSoxFanMike @ Nov 9, 2015 -> 11:27 PM)
There is so much wrong with this that I don't even know where to start.

1. Why would the Sox want Castro or Ross?

2. Even if they did want them, why would they trade Q or Rodon for them?

3. Who is Hannemann?

this is from Theo pov of what is a fair trade.

btw, i am being snarky that is why the green ....

Hanneman is the 30th prospect of the northsider and is 25 i think.

QUOTE (LDF @ Nov 9, 2015 -> 05:29 PM)
this is from Theo pov of what is a fair trade.

btw, i am being snarky that is why the green ....

Hanneman is the 30th prospect of the northsider and is 25 i think.

Oh I know, I wasn't insulting you or anything like that.

It's just that Epstein is out of his freaking mind if he thinks the Sox would accept a deal anything remotely close to that.

QUOTE (ChiSoxFanMike @ Nov 9, 2015 -> 11:31 PM)

It's just that Epstein is out of his freaking mind if he thinks the Sox would accept a deal anything remotely close to that.

hahaha. that is funny..... even if it isn't... i think it is.

that is the way my day went.

it all kool.

Edited by LDF

QUOTE (ChiSoxFanMike @ Nov 9, 2015 -> 05:31 PM)

You know that this isn't a real offer right? No one is out of their mind and that deal would never be offered for Quintana in the first place.

QUOTE (ChiSoxFanMike @ Nov 9, 2015 -> 05:27 PM)

If you listen to Cubs fans they only want to trade their junk: Castro, Soler, etc. (Soler and Castro aggregated to a .9 WAR last year).

But even if Theo is willing to make an honest trade, I just don't see a matchup. Who do they have that we want? Any ML ready C or 3B? I know they have some guys in low minors, but I just don't see the fit.

Now, I can see fits with Boston, the number 1 player-hype machine in MLB (Cubs still #2). But not Cubs.

Edited by GreenSox

QUOTE (GreenSox @ Nov 9, 2015 -> 05:48 PM)
If you listen to Cubs fans they only want to trade their junk: Castro, Soler, etc. (Soler and Castro aggregated to a .9 WAR last year).

But even if Theo is willing to make an honest trade, I just don't see a matchup. Who do they have that we want? Any ML ready C or 3B? I know they have some guys in low minors, but I just don't see the fit.

Now, I can see fits with Boston, the number 1 player-hype machine in MLB (Cubs still #2). But not Cubs.

There would be a fit if we were rebuilding and we're a few years away so adding lower level guys made sense but we're likely trying to compete now so it doesn't.

Edited by soxfan2014

QUOTE (GreenSox @ Nov 9, 2015 -> 11:48 PM)

really i am being serious, if the northsiders were willing and so the sox, how can they make a trade that will be in equal value.

for me, i would want Rizzo, Russell and a minor leaguer in the top 5 range.

for Q and a rp or rp prospect.

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Nov 9, 2015 -> 11:50 PM)
There would be a fit if we were rebuilding and we're a few years away so adding lower level guys made sense but we're likely trying to compete now so it doesn't.

good point, i would easily make Q for a hand full of their top 10 prospects.

but the problem is, and i think someone already said this, they could easly go for a sp like price .... they have the money.

QUOTE (LDF @ Nov 9, 2015 -> 05:53 PM)
really i am being serious, if the northsiders were willing and so the sox, how can they make a trade that will be in equal value.

for me, i would want Rizzo, Russell and a minor leaguer in the top 5 range.

for Q and a rp or rp prospect.

I don't think they'd trade Rizzo personally. He's their captain now on a team friendly deal just as team friendly as Q.

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Nov 9, 2015 -> 06:00 PM)
Agree. If they were to deal him anyway. My preference is to deal from the pitching depth in the minors for hitting.

No.

Stockpile that. Deal some once the foundation is built. This org is in no position to trade young players except in exchange for someone else's young players.

I'm okay with dealing Q or Sale for that matter, for the right price. He's a 4-5 War player, at a low salary with years of control. That's the price.

I'd deal Eaton first, though.

QUOTE (GreenSox @ Nov 9, 2015 -> 05:48 PM)

I definitely wouldn't mind seeing Baez being traded here. He has some pop and his defense seems decent for the most part as well.

I wonder what the Cubs would do if the Sox offered Erik Johnson and a fringe prospect like Tyler Danish for him.

QUOTE (ChiSoxFanMike @ Nov 10, 2015 -> 01:15 AM)
It's just stupid to even be thinking about it since Quintana will not be traded to the Cubs. I'm 100% sure of it.

damn, i the sox can get a good pkg including just prospects, i will trade Q to the Cards, just to make sure they screw the sCrubs up in the playoff.

QUOTE (LDF @ Nov 9, 2015 -> 06:18 PM)
damn, i the sox can get a good pkg including just prospects, i will trade Q to the Cards, just to make sure they screw the sCrubs up in the playoff.

I'd already prefer that than trading him to the Cubs. I really like Stephen Piscotty and Carlos Martinez.

All I know is that it would suck so much to see the Sox trade Q to the North Side just to see him take the Cubs to the next level.

It'd be such a slap in the face.

QUOTE (GreenSox @ Nov 9, 2015 -> 07:14 PM)
No.

Stockpile that. Deal some once the foundation is built. This org is in no position to trade young players except in exchange for someone else's young players.

I'm okay with dealing Q or Sale for that matter, for the right price. He's a 4-5 War player, at a low salary with years of control. That's the price.

I'd deal Eaton first, though.

I couldn't disagree more with most everything in this post.

But I suppose that is the case most of the time when I read your posts.