STAR WARS Everything

Steve9347

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Jan 11, 2016 -> 01:46 PM)
Meaning that his mother was lying when she said there is no father? I don't see it going that direction. The central theme of Episodes I-III is Anakin being the subject of the prophecy.

Unless she was mind-wiped.

Not buying Snoke as Vader.

Snoke as Plagueis is the best theory about him so far.

Vader is dead, plus he was redeemed at the end of VI.

I'm sticking with Palpatine's claim that he killed Plagueis, so I'm not buying that one either.

I'm not entirely sure we will ever learn that much more about Snoke's background.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Jan 11, 2016 -> 06:55 PM)
Vader is dead, plus he was redeemed at the end of VI.

I'm sticking with Palpatine's claim that he killed Plagueis, so I'm not buying that one either.

I'm not entirely sure we will ever learn that much more about Snoke's background.

We better.

While Palpatine did claim to kill Plagueis, he also said Plagueis held power/knowledge related to NOT BEIN' DEAD. Using that same power to save Padme was the sales pitch he gave to (the most gullible man in the world) Anakin Skywalker that turned him to the dark side.

We better.

While Palpatine did claim to kill Plagueis, he also said Plagueis held power/knowledge related to NOT BEIN' DEAD. Using that same power to save Padme was the sales pitch he gave to (the most gullible man in the world) Anakin Skywalker that turned him to the dark side.

True, but we also know directly from JJ Abrams that Kylo Ren is not a Sith. So it doesn't make sense that Snoke is Plagueis from that respect. The implication is that the Sith have been extinguished and this is some new order that is using the dark side of the force.

My best guess would be something like Snoke is a brother or nephew of a Jedi who has force powers but for some reason was never identified and trained as a Jedi.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Jan 11, 2016 -> 08:06 PM)
True, but we also know directly from JJ Abrams that Kylo Ren is not a Sith. So it doesn't make sense that Snoke is Plagueis from that respect. The implication is that the Sith have been extinguished and this is some new order that is using the dark side of the force.

My best guess would be something like Snoke is a brother or nephew of a Jedi who has force powers but for some reason was never identified and trained as a Jedi.

It's a Dark Side master training a Dark Side newb (who idolizes a Sith) and one of their primary goals is destroying the Jedi. They're basically Sith, regardless of JJ's rebranding.

It's a Dark Side master training a Dark Side newb (who idolizes a Sith) and one of their primary goals is destroying the Jedi. They're basically Sith, regardless of JJ's rebranding.

Right, but I think the rebranding is intended to send the message that these guys started from scratch. The Sith were destroyed, and sometime within the 25 years that followed, somebody decided to rebuild from nothing. Snoke may have relational connections (we know Kylo Ren does), but I don't buy that any of them were directly trained by Sidious, Vader or any other previous Sith.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Jan 11, 2016 -> 01:25 PM)
Right, but I think the rebranding is intended to send the message that these guys started from scratch. The Sith were destroyed, and sometime within the 25 years that followed, somebody decided to rebuild from nothing. Snoke may have relational connections (we know Kylo Ren does), but I don't buy that any of them were directly trained by Sidious, Vader or any other previous Sith.

It is possible that Palpatine began training Snoke when he sensed that Vader was starting to waiver in his beliefs, it would not be the first time he found a trainee in secret.

Im leaning towards a fresh story for Snoke though. There are traces of Sith across the galaxy, i wouldnt rule out a sith ghost presence guiding them along

This is what I'm going with:

Qui-Gon Jinn had a twin brother who was separated at birth. Snoke is the twin's grandson, who was serving in the Imperial Army at the time of the Battle of Endor when he discovered his true lineage. He developed his force powers on his own based on knowledge he had gleaned from his interactions with Darth Vader before his death.

I don't think Snoke is human, it's entirely possible that the hologram is just a cover but people need to remember there are plenty of non-human life forms in this galaxy and many of them have had force powers.

I actually kind of hope he is non-human so we can get away from this lineage crap.

QUOTE (knightni @ Jan 12, 2016 -> 12:58 PM)
Right. Let's get back to slobbing the knob of technology and computers.

Right...there was no Yoda backstory. He was just a really old and accomplished Jedi Master. Snoke could just be a bad dude with a power grab. Or maybe a clone that went bad. Or someone like Finn...a snatched kid that became a Stormtrooper and moved up the ranks instead of out like Finn.

The problem with most of these fan theories is about 2% of the audience that will see these movies would even understand any of this, let alone give a crap...and given that this is Disney were talking about...the only thing they're going to cater too is the casual fan that equates to huge $.

QUOTE (Y2HH @ Jan 12, 2016 -> 01:16 PM)
The problem with most of these fan theories is about 2% of the audience that will see these movies would even understand any of this, let alone give a crap...and given that this is Disney were talking about...the only thing they're going to cater too is the casual fan that equates to huge $.

Who cares? It makes for good discussion here for the people involved.

QUOTE (CanOfCorn @ Jan 12, 2016 -> 01:09 PM)
Right...there was no Yoda backstory. He was just a really old and accomplished Jedi Master. Snoke could just be a bad dude with a power grab. Or maybe a clone that went bad. Or someone like Finn...a snatched kid that became a Stormtrooper and moved up the ranks instead of out like Finn.

The problem with Yoda's back story is it went from dark and mysterious to outrageously stupid and comical when a midget was doing flips like monkey while wielding a saber...and it looked -- as Robert Downey Jr. would say -- full on retard.

...and for the record, I really really liked parts 5, 6 and 7 (4 was also good, just not as good as those three). Parts 1-3 were an embarrassment.