STAR WARS Everything

Steve9347

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Dec 28, 2015 -> 10:06 PM)
I'm interested to see Snoke in person. The hologram makes him look like a giant, but I have doubt that he is that large. Not gonna lie, I was kind of disappointed in his look, a little too gollum for me.

Plagueis illustrations all depict him as being really funny looking, and yet Sidious was clearly supposed to have killed him.

QUOTE (Tony @ Dec 28, 2015 -> 01:31 PM)
Rey was a young force user training under Luke at the time of Kylo Ren's massacre.

She is the only survivor other than Luke.

Luke decides to hide her away from Kylo (similar to how Luke was hidden away)

Do we know it was a massacre of Luke's academy? Unless it's described or mentioned in a book or something, I believe the only mention in the movie is Han Solo saying 'one of the students destroyed it all.' I wonder if we're placing in the massacre part just because we saw Anakin do it. Perhaps a number of the students were sent away for protection like Rey.

I'm interested to see Snoke in person. The hologram makes him look like a giant, but I have doubt that he is that large. Not gonna lie, I was kind of disappointed in his look, a little too gollum for me.

There was a guy in Attack of The Clones who looks just like Snoke. He was hanging out with Dooku and that posse. I should've taken a picture.

Anyway, Snoke is Jar Jar Binks.

After just watching Epiosde IV, I have realized that the ending is so similar to TFA. Death star/Starkiller base is locked on to the rebel/resistance headquarters as rebel/resistance ships attempt to destroy it by shooting at its weak point before a certain amount of time.

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Dec 29, 2015 -> 12:27 AM)
There was a guy in Attack of The Clones who looks just like Snoke. He was hanging out with Dooku and that posse. I should've taken a picture.

Anyway, Snoke is Jar Jar Binks.

LOL, I know the way I phrased it was funny. YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN

Those scenes felt very Marvel's The Avengers. It doesn't fit in this new Star Wars world.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Dec 29, 2015 -> 07:15 AM)
Those scenes felt very Marvel's The Avengers. It doesn't fit in this new Star Wars world.

It did feel a little like Thanos, but as Tony pointed out they did that in the prequels as well. Overall my "problems" with the movie are extremely nitpicky and worth overlooking. I really liked it and cant wait for Rogue One and Episode 8

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Dec 29, 2015 -> 07:49 AM)
It did feel a little like Thanos, but as Tony pointed out they did that in the prequels as well. Overall my "problems" with the movie are extremely nitpicky and worth overlooking. I really liked it and cant wait for Rogue One and Episode 8

I don't think justifying anything with the prequels counts.

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Dec 29, 2015 -> 11:34 AM)
Why not though? Didn't Lucas write all 6 together?

As much as I didn't like the prequels, until Lucasfilm/Disney says otherwise, the prequels are absolutely 100% canon. Anything mentioned in them as having had happened is canon.

Edited by AustinIllini

QUOTE (AustinIllini @ Dec 29, 2015 -> 12:37 PM)
As much as I didn't like the prequels, until Lucasfilm/Disney says otherwise, the prequels are absolutely 100% canon. Anything mentioned in them as having had happened is canon.

Disney already addressed this, quite clearly.

On April 25, 2014, Lucasfilm and Disney removed all Expanded Universe works from the canon. They announced that the existing six films and The Clone Wars television series are the "immovable objects" of Star Wars storytelling.

Edited by Y2HH

Saw the movie today for the first time, loved SW growing up but have been busy so didnt get a chance to see it.

My thoughts:

-Similar to IV in plot, but Abrams did an AMAZING job making it its' own movie that it in no way felt like I was watching a reused IV.

-I love the Rey storyline, and I have no idea whose daughter/nephew/cousin she is.

-Gunfights and effects with impacts of bullets/sabers were outstanding. And there was blood!

My one negative:

Phasma's role was horrible, and really dumb.

Edited by staxx

QUOTE (staxx @ Dec 30, 2015 -> 11:37 PM)
Saw the movie today for the first time, loved SW growing up but have been busy so didnt get a chance to see it.

My thoughts:

-Similar to IV in plot, but Abrams did an AMAZING job making it its' own movie that it in no way felt like I was watching a reused IV.

-I love the Rey storyline, and I have no idea whose daughter/nephew/cousin she is.

-Gunfights and effects with impacts of bullets/sabers were outstanding. And there was blood!

My one negative:

Phasma's role was horrible, and really dumb.

Much like Boba Fett's. So I guess she will become a cult hero now. lol.

QUOTE (Alpha Dog @ Dec 30, 2015 -> 11:54 PM)
Couldn't she be a Kenobi? Ole Ben coulda been a real horndog back in the day, we just didn't see it on film.

He had a love interest in the Clone Wars cartoon. I don't remember much about her, but they did kind of play around with that.

Couldn't she be a Kenobi? Ole Ben coulda been a real horndog back in the day, we just didn't see it on film.

Sure she could, I was just saying that to his statement "is she a Skywalker or a Solo"

Only if she's related to a son/daughter/cousin of Ol' Ben, otherwise she'd be in her 50's.

QUOTE (Y2HH @ Dec 31, 2015 -> 08:42 AM)
Only if she's related to a son/daughter/cousin of Ol' Ben, otherwise she'd be in her 50's.

yes, the Kenobi speculation is that she would be his granddaughter. If she's not Luke's daughter I hope she is of no relation to the Skywalker family.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jan 1, 2016 -> 09:31 AM)
Everyone point and laugh at the salty old man

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/george-luca...4b014efe0da695b

I kind of understand what he's saying. Disney is obviously going to milk the universe for everything they can, and rightfully so with how much they paid and how much they'll make.

I also don't think he said anything too bad. As awful as a filmmaker he is, he did create the universe and is protective of it.

QUOTE (Brian @ Jan 1, 2016 -> 10:33 AM)
I kind of understand what he's saying. Disney is obviously going to milk the universe for everything they can, and rightfully so with how much they paid and how much they'll make.

I also don't think he said anything too bad. As awful as a filmmaker he is, he did create the universe and is protective of it.

Come on, white slavers? They paid him 4 billion for the product he crashed into the ground with his prequels, and he certainly didn't reinvent the wheel with the prequels like he thinks he did.