STAR WARS Everything

Steve9347

QUOTE (OmarComing25 @ Dec 22, 2015 -> 11:29 AM)
Saw it last night, it was a fun time, but the pace was too fast and the Stormtroopers basically posed no threat, which bothered me. Should be interesting to see where they go from here though.

It's a running joke that Stormtroopers have terribly bad aim. It would almost be weird if they were a threat.

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Dec 21, 2015 -> 09:05 PM)
A fair point on the second one, but come on guys, lets think outside the box a little bit(I'm speaking to both the filmmakers and Empire).

Yeah, I'm pretty much over planet destroyers in the Star Wars galaxy. The pacing on the Starkiller Base destroying the planet the Senate is on (?) felt extremely rushed to me.

Really liked this one. There were some legitimately funny moments, and some stormtroopers actually got to have personality! There were certainly issues that have been pretty thoroughly discussed in this thread, but I was happy with the film overall.

QUOTE (longshot7 @ Dec 24, 2015 -> 03:10 PM)
Saw it again - definitely not Craig's voice, and he & JJ have denied it. FWIW.

They denied it before it came out.

It's him, he's since admitted it.

Try Google next time.

https://www.google.com/search?q=daniel+crai...19&ie=UTF-8

Not to even mention he's (un)credited on IMDB.com as being in the movie. :P

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2488496/?ref_=nm_flmg_act_2

Edited by Y2HH

QUOTE (Y2HH @ Dec 25, 2015 -> 02:06 AM)
They denied it before it came out.

It's him, he's since admitted it.

Try Google next time.

https://www.google.com/search?q=daniel+crai...19&ie=UTF-8

Not to even mention he's (un)credited on IMDB.com as being in the movie. :P

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2488496/?ref_=nm_flmg_act_2

i gotssss to give yous guys credit for hearing this. wow, i am amaze at your awareness ....

Loved it, don't care what JJ or anyone says, that movie was influenced by the old EU. No doubt in my mind Rey is a Skywalker and I think she is Bens twin. Could be Lukes daughter though, wouldn't surprise me.

Edit: just read the age difference on Kylo and Rey, so definitively not twins but still could be siblings

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Dec 26, 2015 -> 10:29 PM)
Loved it, don't care what JJ or anyone says, that movie was influenced by the old EU. No doubt in my mind Rey is a Skywalker and I think she is Bens twin. Could be Lukes daughter though, wouldn't surprise me.

Edit: just read the age difference on Kylo and Rey, so definitively not twins but still could be siblings

I think she and Kylo are cousins. Kylo is obviously the child of Leia and Han. I think Rey is Luke's daughter because of her vision that was eerily similar to his, as well as her having the force in her. That tells me she must be a descendent of one who had it, and Luke makes the most sense.

QUOTE (ptatc @ Dec 27, 2015 -> 09:46 AM)
Thanks for this. Even reading the books leading up to this movie didn't give a clear description of this.

So there are probably a ton of different books out there...which ones are considered to be the canon or whatever?

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Dec 27, 2015 -> 11:17 AM)
I think she and Kylo are cousins. Kylo is obviously the child of Leia and Han. I think Rey is Luke's daughter because of her vision that was eerily similar to his, as well as her having the force in her. That tells me she must be a descendent of one who had it, and Luke makes the most sense.

Luke does make the most sense, but when she had her vision IMO the ship that was departing with her parents looked very similar to the ship Han was flying when he captured the Millenium Falcon. Plus the "father you never had" comments by Kylo and her taking over the falcon with Chewie

Either way it is exciting

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Dec 26, 2015 -> 10:29 PM)

But JJ said it might take from the old EU...

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Dec 27, 2015 -> 06:00 PM)
Was bouncing around reading some things, and came across this.

Was the Maz Kanata in Phantom Menace? This was screen grab from PM, inside Anakin's house

Maz-TPM-750x319.jpg

http://overmental.com/content/star-wars-fo...om-menace-43277

Interesting...

FWIW, saw the movie for the second time today. It was helpful; I picked up on more little details.

Yeah, having Maul make it through a couple movies and replacing Dooku would have added a badass factor to the prequels that were missing once Maul was killed.

I don't have a lot to add in terms of story interpretation, but I enjoyed it although was a bit annoyed at how similar to A New Hope it was. They nailed the little things though. The first sentence in the opening scroll: "Luke Skywalker has disappeared." was a fantastic setup. They're going to have to come up with a serious explanation as to why he bailed though. Didn't seem to fit with his character.

The callbacks to the original movies were great. Harrison Ford was great.

I have 3 things I hope to see in Episode 8/the future movies:

1. Start off right where Force Awakens left off. If you're going to leave us hanging for a year and a half like this and build up to that moment, please actually give us that moment.

2. Kylo Ren has to stay a villain. No turning back like Vader. We've already seen them hint at it as a possibility. Him killing Han Solo in that scene was inevitable (also possibly because Harrison Ford may not have wanted to do 3 more movies), but don't let him turn later. We did that already and after this movie was so much like A New Hope, I don't want the rest of the trilogy to follow a similar arc as well.

3. Rey isn't of Skywalker blood. I wouldn't be devastated if this is true, but I want something different. Maybe she was a prized student of Luke and he hid her to protect her. I can go with that. They strongly avoided any chance she is Han and Leia's kid. Don't make her Luke's daughter by default.

There is a line in the trailer (which was NOT in the movie) where Luke says, "The force is strong in my family. My father had it. I have it. My sister has it. You have that power too."

The only thing I can figure is that this is a line from the beginning of Episode 8 spoken by Luke to Rey. Either that or there's a new character we haven't seen yet.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Dec 27, 2015 -> 04:09 PM)
Luke does make the most sense, but when she had her vision IMO the ship that was departing with her parents looked very similar to the ship Han was flying when he captured the Millenium Falcon. Plus the "father you never had" comments by Kylo and her taking over the falcon with Chewie

Either way it is exciting

I just read a theory that goes on about how she is Obi-Wan Kenobi's granddaughter.

Not really sure where they are going with it, but I would be shocked if she is just some random person.

Edited by GoSox05

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Dec 28, 2015 -> 02:31 PM)
I just read a theory that goes on about how she is Obi-Wan Kenobi's granddaughter.

Not really sure where they are going with it, but I would be shocked if she is just some random person.

i really hope that she is not related.... only to make it more interesting.