White Sox acquire Brett Lawrie

Baron

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Dec 8, 2015 -> 11:47 PM)
I hope that big league source is a dirty liar.

Why do I have a sinking feeling that we will be seeing a Lawrie for Adams swap? or Lawrie for Danish and Trey?

I'm thinking A's want an MLB ready pitcher. I'm thinking a Johnson for Lawrie swap is probably what it will be.

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Dec 8, 2015 -> 09:49 PM)
Because it will happen or Erik Johnson.

I am now worried

Personally I'd rather deal Danish than Johnson. Johnson could be the guy though. I think sox are too down on him after his bounce back season. I thought he looked good with the club last year. Desperately need an upgrade at third though. Lawrie is crazy though. Still he is also talented and under control. I hope it is a package built around avi but nothing about avi screams beanes style other than it would be a buy low move.

QUOTE (GreenSox @ Dec 9, 2015 -> 06:51 AM)
Get ready to get fleeced again by the As. Yes by all means trade young pitchers, considering their value, for this mediocrity. Or maybe a Trayce.

Avi-don't care why they'd want him. That's the value.

Anybody get the feeling the A's see the Sox as an easy mark to steal players? I wouldn't deal with the A's. I get the feeling they feel they own Kenny in trades. ... Brett is still a decent prospect I guess, but I'd rather acquire the bust on the Pirates at 3B over this bust. If the A's are trading him, that means Beane has given up on him as a prospect. I'd pass.

Edited by greg775