White Sox acquire Brett Lawrie

Baron

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Dec 8, 2015 -> 10:09 PM)
This quote..

"The clashes continued into the Brewers’ system, where Brett chafed. He said he felt the organization wasn’t going to challenge him, and planned on moving him up the minor-league ladder rung by rung. This from a player who considered himself major-league ready.

There was no line of communication to Brewers general manager Doug Melvin, a Canadian, and Lawrie refused to participate in instructional league. Lawrie said he didn’t feel he had a support system, and his parents said he was unappreciated.

One day, a Milwaukee minor-league instructor was giving Lawrie a talk about how minor-league players are nothing special until they reach the big leagues, when the prodigy turned to his coach, pointed at every teammate and said: “I’m better than him, him, him, etc … ”"

These google results...

https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrom...t+Lawrie+douche

And then there was one quote a few years ago when he was a minor leaguer and he said something about being pissed that he wasn't called up yet, saying he says when he is ready, not their GM.

EDIT: Oh, and add in that fact that he blocked his own team's beat writer on Twitter, probably because she spoke ill of him in an article, or at least didn't shower him with the glory he feels he deserves.

So he was a cocky kid and probably has been humbled by his ML career. I'm 23 and I think I'm the best at everything I do. Fact is he could enter his prime the next 2 years and swat 50 homers from 3b over the next 2 seasons

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Dec 9, 2015 -> 12:09 AM)
Frazier would cost too much in prospects.

Matsuda is unknown and wants 4 years.

Freese probably gets close to 3/30.

We probably give up very little to get Lawrie.

Agreed and the only other option is Prado and we've all read about asking prices for their players.

I admit that I want Lawrie but I will be pissed if the Sox over pay. I eagerly await.

Edited by BlackSox13

Gonna guess Jaye is one since he was left off 40 man and is eligible to be taken in Rule 5 draft and looking at his numbers from last year might get taken and stashed in someone's bullpen for a year.

Maybe Beck as other one? I can live with Jaye and Beck for Lawrie.

Edited by soxfan2014

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Dec 9, 2015 -> 07:09 AM)
Frazier would cost too much in prospects.

Matsuda is unknown and wants 4 years.

Freese probably gets close to 3/30.

We probably give up very little to get Lawrie.

I'd rather have Frazier even though NL players tend to really really suck in the AL.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Dec 9, 2015 -> 07:11 AM)
http://www.sfchronicle.com/athletics/artic...twitter-premium

Supposedly deal is almost done...finalizing names in terms of minor leaguers.

Ugh. Please let it be two lousy minor leaguers. Lawrie is NOT WORTH any of our halfway decent prospects. He's just not.

QUOTE (Knackattack @ Dec 9, 2015 -> 12:12 AM)
So he was a cocky kid and probably has been humbled by his ML career. I'm 23 and I think I'm the best at everything I do. Fact is he could enter his prime the next 2 years and swat 50 homers from 3b over the next 2 seasons

Susan Slusser is Oakland's beat writer. He has only been in Oakland for 2015. Clearly he hasn't grown up.

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Dec 8, 2015 -> 10:16 PM)
Gonna guess Jaye is one since he was left off 40 man and is eligible to be taken in Rule 5 draft and looking at his numbers from last year might get taken and stashed in someone's bullpen for a year.

Maybe Beck as other one? I can live with Jaye and Beck for Lawrie.

Good call. Beck and Hawkins could be the package too. I think solid chance on beck being one of the guys.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Dec 9, 2015 -> 12:17 AM)
I'd rather have Frazier even though NL players tend to really really suck in the AL.

Ugh. Please let it be two lousy minor leaguers. Lawrie is NOT WORTH any of our halfway decent prospects. He's just not.

Frazier would be the best option but many on here would not like what we would give up.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Dec 9, 2015 -> 12:18 AM)
Susan Slusser is Oakland's beat writer. He has only been in Oakland for 2015. Clearly he hasn't grown up.

Oh whaaaa! So he blocked the local beat writer. Its twitter, Big deal. :lol:

Edited by BlackSox13

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Dec 9, 2015 -> 12:18 AM)

You still have no clue what happened for him to do that. And who really cares? It is twitter, he could block every White Sox beat writer and me for all I care

Assuming the price is right, I could get behind this.

Other than last year he's a good fielder at third (which helps). Offensively, even if he only puts up a wRC+ in the mid to high 90s that is still a huge upgrade over what we've had since Crede left.

Wish it was more than two years of control, however.

Edited by woods of ypres

QUOTE (greg775 @ Dec 9, 2015 -> 12:17 AM)

The Reds have made it known they want a haul for Frazier so I doubt you'd like what the Sox would have to give up to get him.