2016 Democratic Thread

southsider2k5

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Unironically she's running on the most progressive platform since at least FDR's New Deal, and that was heavily tainted with "no blacks."

The problem with that statement is that it doesn't really say anything at all, doesn't acknowledge any of the issues or impasses, and doesn't really serve any purposes beyond the campaign being able to say "we've commented on the situation."

I think the above from gosox is true. I also think it's true that while the pipeline is paused, to allow the challenge in the DC court to get heard first without politicizing it at a national level. Where democratic politicians speak up, it automatically becomes a great idea in the republican lawmakers. And should dems fail to win senate, I'd forsee this becoming a thing where 500 votes are held to specifically bulid the pipeline through the reservation itself. Only half kidding at the last part.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Oct 28, 2016 -> 10:46 AM)
Unironically she's running on the most progressive platform since at least FDR's New Deal, and that was heavily tainted with "no blacks."

The problem with that statement is that it doesn't really say anything at all, doesn't acknowledge any of the issues or impasses, and doesn't really serve any purposes beyond the campaign being able to say "we've commented on the situation."

I expect her to basically be luke warm water her entire term.

QUOTE (raBBit @ Oct 28, 2016 -> 06:03 PM)
https://www.facebook.com/TheRebelPatriot/vi...94798947456202/

MSNBC tears into HRC for her work in her "foundation"

It's been sitting high on a tee for the media to aggressively "get" Hillary and Bill the past year. It's like they've had a "gentleman's agreeement" to lay off Hillary.

The question is ... does anybody care? Will outlets go after Hillary this one last week before the election?

QUOTE (greg775 @ Oct 28, 2016 -> 01:15 PM)
It's been sitting high on a tee for the media to aggressively "get" Hillary and Bill the past year. It's like they've had a "gentleman's agreeement" to lay off Hillary.

The question is ... does anybody care? Will outlets go after Hillary this one last week before the election?

Did you know Billy Bush is a CIA operative?

QUOTE (greg775 @ Oct 28, 2016 -> 02:15 PM)

lmaoooo are you f***ing s***ting me? turn on any cable news network RIGHT NOW THIS VERY MINUTE and tell me what you see. Avoiding Hillary?

QUOTE (Ezio Auditore @ Oct 28, 2016 -> 06:21 PM)
lmaoooo are you f***ing s***ting me? turn on any cable news network RIGHT NOW THIS VERY MINUTE and tell me what you see. Avoiding Hillary?

Are they going after her? I can't get to a TV now. CNN.com already changed its headline, lol.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Oct 28, 2016 -> 10:37 AM)
It's mealy-mouthed and non-committal to any sort of stance either way.

QUOTE (Ezio Auditore @ Oct 28, 2016 -> 10:38 AM)
Yeah, she used a lot of words but really didn't say anything at all.

But you can bet once the polls settle one way or another, then she will have an opinion on it... after the fact.

If Native Americans or Eskimos represented the same percentage of voters as African Americans, Hispanics or even Asian Americans, she would be firmly against it.

This simply allows her to hide behind the greatest good for the greatest number centrist economic argument and ignore all the historical atrocities committed against Native Americans...because, economic development/jobs.

She definitely will never be as "pro environment" as the typical Dem.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Oct 28, 2016 -> 04:29 PM)
If Native Americans or Eskimos represented the same percentage of voters as African Americans, Hispanics or even Asian Americans, she would be firmly against it.

This simply allows her to hide behind the greatest good for the greatest number centrist economic argument and ignore all the historical atrocities committed against Native Americans...because, economic development/jobs.

She definitely will never be as "pro environment" as the typical Dem.

You are confusing typical democrats with the green party.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Oct 28, 2016 -> 07:24 PM)
It's pretty messed up that Comey injected himself into the election less than two weeks before election day with a bunch of innuendo but zero substance and without even contacting Clinton first.

There's a strong case to be made that he had zero choice but to do so given his testimony in the summer - new information appeared that made a portion of that statement incorrect. But allowing the case to have been tried publicly by innuendo over a full year+ remains the unprecedented part, this just follows that logic.