2016 Democratic Thread

southsider2k5

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Oct 28, 2016 -> 08:18 PM)
If Hillary Clinton were the villain that she is characterized as by certain posters and a substantial portion of the Republican base/representatives, Anthony Weiner would have had some sort of accident long ago.

I know, right?

MTM2NjQ0NzkzMzYxMjQ1Nzkx.jpg

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Oct 28, 2016 -> 10:48 PM)
I think my favorite part so far is the nyt editorial board crying and blaming Clinton for their overreaction to the initial reports.

I cannot have a favorite part for 10 more days.

That's like laughing at the Cubs because they're down 2-1.

That's not a catch 22! A catch 22 is a logically impossible situation with conflicting requirements for an outcome. You can get sent home from war if you're crazy, but if you want to go home you're obviously same; ergo nobody can every actually qualify.

New favorite part of this story is wikileaks continual downward spiral into self parody

https://mobile.twitter.com/colincampbell/st...065463740207107

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Oct 29, 2016 -> 04:52 AM)
Trump is right, the election is rigged. They just busted a woman in Iowa for voting twice. She is a Teump supporter and voted twice because she knew her first vote was going to be changed to Hillary.

No way, voter fraud is impossible to catch

These emails have most probably already have been examined from the other end. I did hear an African American in the gym today on his phone saying he would now not vote for Hillary. But I can understand. According to some tracker, there is some sort of falsehood in 27% of what Hillary claims. Of course Bernie Sanders was at 28%, and Trump, the guy who accuses everyone of lying lies 71% of the time.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Oct 29, 2016 -> 02:37 PM)
Am I allowed to put this in the Democrat thead since it is written in the CHICAGO TRIBUNE?? How credible is this.

He says Hillary must drop out of the race now.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/columni...028-column.html

It's not credible and the Tribune has been the more conservative paper in Chicago forever.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Oct 29, 2016 -> 09:56 PM)
It's not credible and the Tribune has been the more conservative paper in Chicago forever.

The Trib endorsed Hillary didn't they? It's not credible? Are u serious? That article is Hillary's demise.

Opinion columnists in a major national newspaper...you always have some guys on the right, some on the left, this has the same amount of likelihood of making a difference as Leonard Pitts or Paul Krugman calling out Donald Trump.

The fact of the matter is nobody has the first clue what, if anything, is there. The FBI doesn't even know.

The only consequence might be on Huma Abedin and her needing to stay even more in the shadows. That said, the most recent WashPo poll had it 47-45 Clinton, and that was before Friday. Still, she has to be considered the favorite, although Trump has made some inroads with independent voters in the last 7-10 days.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Oct 30, 2016 -> 05:23 AM)
Opinion columnists in a major national newspaper...you always have some guys on the right, some on the left, this has the same amount of likelihood of making a difference as Leonard Pitts or Paul Krugman calling out Donald Trump.

The fact of the matter is nobody has the first clue what, if anything, is there. The FBI doesn't even know.

The only consequence might be on Huma Abedin and her needing to stay even more in the shadows. That said, the most recent WashPo poll had it 47-45 Clinton, and that was before Friday. Still, she has to be considered the favorite, although Trump has made some inroads with independent voters in the last 7-10 days.

Why are so many people (not saying you) unwilling to simply write off Hillary? My gosh how many smoking guns do you want? The woman is corrupt as corrupt can be. Keep her the heck out of the Oval Office. When she gets elected, boy oh boy she's going to get a lot done during her first two years when the government will be putting her on trial. I get the feeling even if the Republicans had a normal candidate, people would still want Hillary. It baffles the s*** out of me. Oh well, let's elect her and get it over with an impeach her as soon as possible. probably in 15 months I'd say.

So for all those in favor of the government investigation of Bill Clinton in 1998/99 (at a cost of $80 million), you must also be in favor of roughly $200-250 million in tax dollars being spent on Hillary, if not more.

In the end, Tim Kaine would be president. But that would still be extremely unlikely to get through the Senate unless there's some type of smoking gun nobody is even aware of at the moment.

Is that really the best thing for our democracy? Something that falls completely along partisan lines, like the Supreme Court decision on the 2000 election results?

QUOTE (greg775 @ Oct 30, 2016 -> 01:36 AM)
Why are so many people (not saying you) unwilling to simply write off Hillary? My gosh how many smoking guns do you want? The woman is corrupt as corrupt can be. Keep her the heck out of the Oval Office. When she gets elected, boy oh boy she's going to get a lot done during her first two years when the government will be putting her on trial. I get the feeling even if the Republicans had a normal candidate, people would still want Hillary. It baffles the s*** out of me. Oh well, let's elect her and get it over with an impeach her as soon as possible. probably in 15 months I'd say.

Why is this a smoking gun? They went through her emails and no charges. Now there are some emails on another computer. Chances are, they are emails they have already seen. The fact is, this new "evidence" of Hillary's guilt, hasn't even been looked at. The emails just exist at this point and haven't been read by the Feds. And what is the intent here? Is Hillary a traitor? If anyone is a traitor it is Trump who actually encouraged Russia to hack emails. He should be in jail.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Oct 30, 2016 -> 01:38 PM)
Why is this a smoking gun? They went through her emails and no charges. Now there are some emails on another computer. Chances are, they are emails they have already seen. The fact is, this new "evidence" of Hillary's guilt, hasn't even been looked at. The emails just exist at this point and haven't been read by the Feds. And what is the intent here? Is Hillary a traitor? If anyone is a traitor it is Trump who actually encouraged Russia to hack emails. He should be in jail.

You answered my question by quickly mentioning Trump. People hate Trump so they vote for Hillary. Makes sense ... not. There's a simple solution. Write in your favorite write-in. In my case Jesse Ventura. To vote for Hillary is to vote for 2 years of impeachment bulls***.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Oct 30, 2016 -> 01:34 PM)
You answered my question by quickly mentioning Trump. People hate Trump so they vote for Hillary. Makes sense ... not. There's a simple solution. Write in your favorite write-in. In my case Jesse Ventura. To vote for Hillary is to vote for 2 years of impeachment bulls***.

Because of people like you who insist its important to remain uneducated and spend your days telling us how important it is that Rush Limbaugh said something.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Oct 30, 2016 -> 07:57 PM)
Because of people like you who insist its important to remain uneducated and spend your days telling us how important it is that Rush Limbaugh said something.

I find it amazing that people blast me for liking Rush Limbaugh and Meghan McCain and people like that and yet I get reamed over the coals for what many find equally simplistic criticisms of Hillary. It goes both ways folks. You guys just hate on Limbaugh with no examples and I hate on Hillary et all. But I am the bad guy and everybody else can pile on me.

You could counter by saying, "We all know Limbaugh is a joke; he sucks." And I could say, "We all know Hillary is guilty as hell. Hillary sucks." I don't get the double standard.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (greg775 @ Oct 30, 2016 -> 02:29 PM)
I find it amazing that people blast me for liking Rush Limbaugh and Meghan McCain and people like that and yet I get reamed over the coals for what many find equally simplistic criticisms of Hillary. It goes both ways folks. You guys just hate on Limbaugh with no examples and I hate on Hillary et all. But I am the bad guy and everybody else can pile on me.

You could counter by saying, "We all know Limbaugh is a joke; he sucks." And I could say, "We all know Hillary is guilty as hell. Hillary sucks." I don't get the double standard.

You want examples of reasons to hate Rush Limbaugh? Like the time he explained that consent was something only people on the left cared about, and said that the "rape police" were a bad thing?

You know what the magic word, the only thing that matters in American sexual mores today is? One thing. You can do anything, the left will promote and understand and tolerate anything, as long as there is one element. Do you know what it is? Consent. If there is consent on both or all three or all four, however many are involved in the sex act, it's perfectly fine. Whatever it is. But if the left ever senses and smells that there's no consent in part of the equation then here come the rape police. But consent is the magic key to the left
That was 2 weeks ago.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Oct 30, 2016 -> 01:36 AM)

Your feeling is wrong, Greg. I would have voted for Kasich over Hillary.