2016 Democratic Thread

southsider2k5

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Nov 1, 2016 -> 04:37 PM)

Seriously. Who cares about emails from.an.investigation ? Did Hillary ever interview with Billy Bush or Howard Stern?

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Nov 1, 2016 -> 08:45 PM)
Seriously. Who cares about emails from.an.investigation ? Did Hillary ever interview with Billy Bush or Howard Stern?

So an investigation w/o charges = guilt now?

Well, by that logic trump is also a rapist and conspired with Russia to disrupt the election. But yes obviously the only thing wrong with trump is he admitted to sexual assault and then had 10 women accuse him of such. If only we cared about the serious stuff!

Oh also MLK was also a real p.o.s., also investigated by FBI.

No, they didn't say that all.

They said they can't prove a direct, conclusive link between Trump and Russia...not that foreign agents haven't tried to influence the US presidential election. Proving a conspiracy is always challenging. In the same way that being reckless with an email server isn't the same thing as bring a traitor or committing deliberate espionage.

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2016/11/01/us/po...nald-trump.html

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (raBBit @ Nov 2, 2016 -> 12:09 AM)
How do you take what he said and get the bolded as your conclusion. Did you just respond to what you wanted his point to be?

Speaking of the Trump-Russia conspiracy, FBI released that there is no tie between Russia and Trump today.

Speaking of MLK, MLK was also a womanizer, not that it makes any difference to me, so why the relativism? Does Trump embellishing his overzealous nature with women crudely to Billy Bush really make the polar difference to you in your polar opinions on this similarly character trait?

But the FBI investigated it... must be something there. FBI shouldn't be investigating a candidate for president for ties to a foreign gov.

QUOTE (raBBit @ Nov 2, 2016 -> 12:09 AM)
How do you take what he said and get the bolded as your conclusion. Did you just respond to what you wanted his point to be?

Speaking of the Trump-Russia conspiracy, FBI released that there is no tie between Russia and Trump today.

Speaking of MLK, MLK was also a womanizer, not that it makes any difference to me, so why the relativism? Does Trump embellishing his overzealous nature with women crudely to Billy Bush really make the polar difference to you in your polar opinions on this similarly character trait?

Last paragraph ... do you know 10 women have accused him of assault or does your polar views on women just force them alll into a box of womanizing.

QUOTE (bmags @ Nov 2, 2016 -> 06:51 AM)
Last paragraph ... do you know 10 women have accused him of assault or does your polar views on women just force them alll into a box of womanizing.

Isnt he about to go on trial for child rape? There is a lot of smoke around actual sexual assault.

QUOTE (raBBit @ Nov 2, 2016 -> 05:37 PM)
That's very classy of you to try and paint it as if you're for women and I'm against them. I hate both parties, but it is sleazy tactics like this that make talking with liberals very tough. If you speak on anything pertaining to women, race, orientation, etc. you're automatically painted into a corner as a hate mongerer and the liberal gets themself off with some faux-morale high ground.. In reality, you just think it's easier to falsely character cast than to speak on the subject at hand.

Maybe you shouldn't have spoke as if MLK's womanizing was equivalent to Trump's alleged sexual assaults.

QUOTE (raBBit @ Nov 2, 2016 -> 11:37 AM)
That's very classy of you to try and paint it as if you're for women and I'm against them. I hate both parties, but it is sleazy tactics like this that make talking with liberals very tough. If you speak on anything pertaining to women, race, orientation, etc. you're automatically painted into a corner as a hate mongerer and the liberal gets themself off with some faux-morale high ground.. In reality, you just think it's easier to falsely character cast than to speak on the subject at hand.

So you counter that by generalizing "liberals." Nice.

QUOTE (raBBit @ Nov 2, 2016 -> 11:37 AM)

It's not the first time you've downplayed sexual assault and it won't be the last.

Why would you even bring up MLK's "womanizing," anyway? It wasn't at all pertinent to the point bmags was making, which was that just because the FBI was investigating someone doesn't mean that person did anything wrong or deserved to be investigated. In the given context, it only served to deflect from Trump's alleged wrong-doings (which, really, no one was even discussing in that chain so your accusations of subject-changing look even more ridiculous), as did the way you chose to portray the events. No he wasn't just "embellishing his overzealous nature," he was bragging about sexual assault. Since then, a dozen different women have come out accusing him of the exact behavior he was bragging about. Additionally, several Miss Teen contestants came out and said that he would just bust into the dressing area where numerous underage girls were in various states of undress, and the same day the multiple stories of him talking about young girls and how he'd be dating them in a few years.

Edited by StrangeSox

Some interesting early voting data from a polling firm in Florida--finding a pretty substantial R-crossover voting for Clinton but otherwise acting like a typical Republican voter would (low Obama approval, voting for Rubio).

Tom Bonier @tbonier

I will note - the 28% GOP crossover among EV/AV surprised me, but you'll notice those voters behave as traditional Republicans otherwise

11:51 AM - 2 Nov 2016

Tom Bonier @tbonier

@HimilconInciar1 Voting for Rubio, and high Obama job disapproval

11:53 AM - 2 Nov 2016

Early voting has looked pretty solid in enough states for Clinton to get to 270 so far, but Florida's been one that hasn't been too promising. If these results are even somewhat accurate, that spells a pretty substantial win for Clinton there but also Rubio holding his seat.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Nov 2, 2016 -> 02:05 PM)
I dont get that generalization at all, and I still find it hypocritical to put everyone in one of two buckets.

Dont even bother. I barely (if ever) mention stuff like that in my posts. But because I'm considered a "liberal" by which they meant "Liberal" it must be very important to me.

So, in the past 48 hours, we've had a church in Miss frequented by black people set on fire, an Islamic center in Florida vandalized with "F*** Islam" spraypainted on it, University of Wisconsin student from Saudi Arabia beaten to death in the street, 2 cops murdered by a guy who got kicked out of the football stadium next door for bringing a confederate flag, and one of the main KKK newspapers (which is apparently a thing that still exists) officially endorsed the Republican Nominee.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Nov 3, 2016 -> 08:51 AM)
So, in the past 48 hours, we've had a church in Miss frequented by black people set on fire, an Islamic center in Florida vandalized with "F*** Islam" spraypainted on it, University of Wisconsin student from Saudi Arabia beaten to death in the street, 2 cops murdered by a guy who got kicked out of the football stadium next door for bringing a confederate flag, and one of the main KKK newspapers (which is apparently a thing that still exists) officially endorsed the Republican Nominee.

Thanks Obama!

Sopan Deb @SopanDeb

Peak Trump in Jacksonville: "I’m also honored to have the greatest temperament that anybody has because we know how to win."

1:53 PM - 3 Nov 2016

One of the weirder subplots of this whole election has been Trump's complete inability to understand what the word temperament means.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Nov 2, 2016 -> 07:06 PM)
Some interesting early voting data from a polling firm in Florida--finding a pretty substantial R-crossover voting for Clinton but otherwise acting like a typical Republican voter would (low Obama approval, voting for Rubio).

Early voting has looked pretty solid in enough states for Clinton to get to 270 so far, but Florida's been one that hasn't been too promising. If these results are even somewhat accurate, that spells a pretty substantial win for Clinton there but also Rubio holding his seat.

This election was wrapped up the day Hillary announced she was running. Bernie had no chance cause of the DNC wanting Hillary and there's no way a Republican will ever win again, much less a bozo like Trump. Why even look at polls, etc. Landslide is assured for the coronation.