2016 Democratic Thread

southsider2k5

QUOTE (JenksIsMyHero @ Nov 8, 2016 -> 02:40 PM)
Why aren't they tested/calibrated before actual votes are cast? Seems like a no brainer.

Election judges are all minimally trained volunteers? Like bmags said, this happens literally every year since machines like this have been in use. Yeah, they should be tested and calibrated first, sometimes in one of the thousands of polling places using the machines it doesn't happen, and it's pretty quickly fixed.

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Ezio Auditore @ Nov 8, 2016 -> 08:21 PM)
That usually means the touch screen isn't calibrated correctly

Possibly, or people being idiots, or people lying.

Here's the latest hotness in rigged voting machines that won't let you vote for Trump:

http://www.infowars.com/video-machine-refu...n-pennsylvania/

Only problem is that the guy seems to be deliberately avoiding the actual selection button and instead keeps pressing Trump's name, like that's going to do anything.

RIGGED

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Nov 8, 2016 -> 02:43 PM)
Election judges are all minimally trained volunteers? Like bmags said, this happens literally every year since machines like this have been in use. Yeah, they should be tested and calibrated first, sometimes in one of the thousands of polling places using the machines it doesn't happen, and it's pretty quickly fixed.

When I was voting (on paper) a tech contact came and double checked both of the machines in my voting location. Nobody was using the electronic ones when I was there.

QUOTE (Brian @ Nov 8, 2016 -> 03:01 PM)
It's because they already selected Hillary on that ballot. I'm assuming that was explained to them in a reply.

Nope, as that sarcastic keyboard response video implies, it's because they weren't hitting the spot you need to press. On that style of voting machine, you need to press the number in the corner, not just mash it randomly.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Nov 8, 2016 -> 03:02 PM)
Nope, as that sarcastic keyboard response video implies, it's because they weren't hitting the spot you need to press. On that style of voting machine, you need to press the number in the corner, not just mash it randomly.

Ooooooh. Surprised Trump hasn't RTd yet

Rudolph Giuliani @rudygiulianiGOP

We cannot let Blacks and Hispanics alone decide this election for Hillary! Everyone deserves a say. All others, head to polls NOW! #Trump16

12:16 PM - 8 Nov 2016

113 113 Retweets 173 173 likes

good lord am I a dummy for falling for an obvious parody account

Edited by StrangeSox

this one has a check!

Donald J. TrumpVerified account

‏@realDonaldTrump

Just out according to @CNN: "Utah officials report voting machine problems across entire country"

1:28 PM - 8 Nov 2016

Brian StelterVerified account

‏@brianstelter Brian Stelter Retweeted Donald J. Trump

No. Utah officials reported machine problems across one entire COUNTY, not the entire COUNTRY.

I do appreciate that the responses to Trump's tweet are just openly laughing at his incompetence and not pepe bots

Edited by StrangeSox