Todd Frazier story, some good quotes...

caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jan 30, 2016 -> 11:25 PM)
http://www.csnchicago.com/white-sox/todd-f...-fans-teammates

Depending on what your feelings are about the way the Sox run things, there's a quote "it's so laid-back and a comfortable atmosphere..."

Not sure exactly how well that atmosphere has helped in the past decade.

Exactly how many games has he been in the clubhouse for? Something tells me the attitude of the fans and players is a little different than the clubhouse.

You are really misrepresenting the discussion or are making drastic assumptions about the clubhouse.

“(I’m) just seeing what these guys are all about, just talking, having a couple root beers and away we went,” Frazier said. “I talked to Alex Avila a little bit, I know Dioner Navarro a lot and Chris Sale, all really, really good guys and can’t wait to get in that clubhouse and see who the jokesters are and who’s ready to play.”

That part of the quote really sticks out for me. IMHO, that's something a clubhouse leader would say.

QUOTE (ptatc @ Jan 30, 2016 -> 11:37 PM)
Exactly how many games has he been in the clubhouse for? Something tells me the attitude of the fans and players is a little different than the clubhouse.

You are really misrepresenting the discussion or are making drastic assumptions about the clubhouse.

If he's just referring to the atmosphere of SoxFest or meeting some of his new teammates for the first time, sure.

What is the perception around the league the White Sox clubhouse in your idea...?

We've seen a number of stories in the last week or two about lack of leadership, without quotes or pointing fingers at any specific players still with the team.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jan 30, 2016 -> 11:58 PM)
If he's just referring to the atmosphere of SoxFest or meeting some of his new teammates for the first time, sure.

What is the perception around the league the White Sox clubhouse in your idea...?

We've seen a number of stories in the last week or two about lack of leadership, without quotes or pointing fingers at any specific players still with the team.

WTF else would he be referring?

Besides he mentioned Avila and Navarro and Sale. Avila and Navarro have never been in a White Sox clubhouse either. Do you have a problem with Sale?

This routine of yours is so f***ing old and tired. We get it, the Royals are great, anything the White Sox do is bad, and any quote from anyone should be spun to explain why the White Sox suck. If Frazier said the atmosphere was intense, and not laid back. You would have said that was the problem. Why don't you just tell us what Frazier should have said that shouldn't make anyone pause,

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jan 31, 2016 -> 06:10 AM)

Besides he mentioned Avila and Navarro and Sale. Avila and Navarro have never been in a White Sox clubhouse either. Do you have a problem with Sale?

This routine of yours is so f***ing old and tired. We get it, the Royals are great, anything the White Sox do is bad, and any quote from anyone should be spun to explain why the White Sox suck. If Frazier said the atmosphere was intense, and not laid back. You would have said that was the problem. Why don't you just tell us what Frazier should have said that shouldn't make anyone pause,

Does it really help your case to curse? You always complain about being attacked personally but what do you do to others?

I haven't mentioned the Royals for a long time, you keep interjecting them deliberately to get a reaction.

The only thing I know is that it would be nice if we came into Opening Day prepared to compete and not still in spring training mode.

8-11 5.5 games back

14-15 3 games back

10-15 5 games back

11-11 1 game back

10-18 9 games back

9-14 6 games back

11-10 tied

14-13 up 1 game

12-11 2.5 games back

Is there any team in baseball over the last 9 years that has never been more than 1 game over .500 coming out of April?

You can curse all you want, but there are numerous posters here who question the leadership and atmosphere around this team.

At least I've tried to present numerous solutions in recent days. It's your prerogative to attack all of them if it gives you an exceeding amount of pleasure, but I haven't seen any of your suggestions or solutions other than it would be fine if we sign Cespedes, Upton, Gordon and Fowler.

To tell the truth, I was going to leave the board this weekend (until Ventura was fired) but I saw you making more comments once again accusing me of being a Royals' fan, and that I cannot abide.

If that was actually the case, you would be able to find me easily on one of their boards. I'm the only one who consistently writes with an ellipsis (....) in most of my paragraphs. Nobody is capable of influencing me to change the team I root for, and there's also no point in following your favorite team and being self-restricted in your fandom because of some random person on the internet.

Have at it.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jan 31, 2016 -> 06:58 AM)
Does it really help your case to curse? You always complain about being attacked personally but what do you do to others?

I haven't mentioned the Royals for a long time, you keep interjecting them deliberately to get a reaction.

The only thing I know is that it would be nice if we came into Opening Day prepared to compete and not still in spring training mode.

8-11 5.5 games back

14-15 3 games back

10-15 5 games back

11-11 1 game back

10-18 9 games back

9-14 6 games back

11-10 tied

14-13 up 1 game

12-11 2.5 games back

Is there any team in baseball over the last 9 years that has never been more than 1 game over .500 coming out of April?

You can curse all you want, but there are numerous posters here who question the leadership and atmosphere around this team.

At least I've tried to present numerous solutions in recent days. It's your prerogative to attack all of them if it gives you an exceeding amount of pleasure, but I haven't seen any of your suggestions or solutions other than it would be fine if we sign Cespedes, Upton, Gordon and Fowler.

To tell the truth, I was going to leave the board this weekend (until Ventura was fired) but I saw you making more comments once again accusing me of being a Royals' fan, and that I cannot abide.

If that was actually the case, you would be able to find me easily on one of their boards. I'm the only one who consistently writes with an ellipsis (....) in most of my paragraphs. Nobody is capable of to influencing me to change the team I root for, and there's also no point in following your favorite team and being self-restricted in your fandom because of some random person on the internet.

Have at it.

You make a Todd Frazier quote thread of your very own, and what does this post have to do with Todd Frazier? Seriously you are lost.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jan 31, 2016 -> 06:58 AM)

8-11 5.5 games back

14-15 3 games back

10-15 5 games back

11-11 1 game back

10-18 9 games back

9-14 6 games back

11-10 tied

14-13 up 1 game

12-11 2.5 games back

If that was actually the case, you would be able to find me easily on one of their boards. I'm the only one who consistently writes with an ellipsis (....) in most of my paragraphs. Nobody is capable of to influencing me to change the team I root for, and there's also no point in following your favorite team and being self-restricted in your fandom because of some random person on the internet.

Have at it.

You make a Todd Frazier quote thread of your very own, and what does this post have to do with Todd Frazier? Seriously you are lost.

And the "threat" of you leaving the site only I blew it for everyone? LMAO, that was the 3rd time you said you were gone only to return sooner each time. For some reason, you like to spend the majority of your day posting doom and gloom on White Sox message boards. You must be bored out of your skull.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jan 31, 2016 -> 07:00 AM)

The ignore feature is there for a reason.

If someone curses at me, I will respond in turn. In all the years on this board, I have never cursed at another poster nor a member of the White Sox.

The mods can just delete this thread anyway, nobody really cares about your personal war with me.

My posts about developing a hitter, about Desmond and Jackson, about Kiki Hernandez....100% doom and gloom. I know one thing, since 1979, I've never gone out of my way to judge other White Sox fans and tell them how to act and behave.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jan 31, 2016 -> 07:04 AM)
The ignore feature is there for a reason.

If someone curses at me, I will respond in turn. In all the years on this board, I have never cursed at another poster nor a member of the White Sox.

The mods can just delete this thread anyway, nobody really cares about your personal war with me.

My posts about developing a hitter, about Desmond and Jackson, about Kiki Hernandez....100% doom and gloom. I know one thing, since 1979, I've never gone out of my way to judge other White Sox fans and tell them how to act and behave.

iPoor Caulfield

Besides, if you left the board only to return because of my comments, that's amazing since the comments were posted hours after you had left and weren't coming back until Robin was fired, which according to you was going to be pretty soon.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jan 31, 2016 -> 07:58 AM)

8-11 5.5 games back

14-15 3 games back

10-15 5 games back

11-11 1 game back

10-18 9 games back

9-14 6 games back

11-10 tied

14-13 up 1 game

12-11 2.5 games back

If that was actually the case, you would be able to find me easily on one of their boards. I'm the only one who consistently writes with an ellipsis (....) in most of my paragraphs. Nobody is capable of influencing me to change the team I root for, and there's also no point in following your favorite team and being self-restricted in your fandom because of some random person on the internet.

Have at it.

You may be the only person on the planet that cares about Spring Training wins and losses

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Jan 31, 2016 -> 06:54 AM)
That part of the quote really sticks out for me. IMHO, that's something a clubhouse leader would say.

damn, what you highlighted..... that tells me he is a player who is coming to play.

nice catch.

QUOTE (Dunt @ Jan 30, 2016 -> 11:11 PM)
Lack of leadership =\= laid back. Keep pushing your dumbass narrative though.

It isn't a "dumbass narrative."

Have you watched White Sox baseball for the last several years?

Do you get the impression that when things get tough, our club is able to stand up to that or turn things around when they start going sideways?

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jan 31, 2016 -> 04:29 PM)
It isn't a "dumbass narrative."

Have you watched White Sox baseball for the last several years?

Do you get the impression that when things get tough, our club is able to stand up to that or turn things around when they start going sideways?

this is a great post.

this idea of piling up on a poster is really getting old, the quality of this board comes from posters with a difference of opinion .... many posters have a right to have their opinions.

QUOTE (LDF @ Jan 31, 2016 -> 07:39 AM)
this is a great post.

this idea of piling up on a poster is really getting old, the quality of this board comes from posters with a difference of opinion

Couldn't agree more.

Edited by iamshack

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jan 31, 2016 -> 06:10 AM)

Stop the personal attacks.

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Jan 31, 2016 -> 05:49 PM)
Maybe it's just me but Frazier's demeanor reminds me alot of PK. Laid back, calm, cool and yet not afraid to speak his mind.

yeah you mention a name i wasn't thinking about, but i can agree.

the one player i was thinking about was maybe a earlier player, they referred to him as a kickback to the old ST Cards team on the dirt kids, never washing the uniforms and sox falling down to the ankles .... but he would put 110% into the game.

oh well, PK is a good example.

QUOTE (LDF @ Jan 31, 2016 -> 02:51 PM)
yeah you mention a name i wasn't thinking about, but i can agree.

the one player i was thinking about was maybe a earlier player, they referred to him as a kickback to the old ST Cards team on the dirt kids, never washing the uniforms and sox falling down to the ankles .... but he would put 110% into the game.

oh well, PK is a good example.

Probably Eckstein or McEwing.