**2016 Video Game Thread**

ChiliIrishHammock24

QUOTE (iWin4Ron @ Oct 9, 2016 -> 02:34 PM)
Currently considering buying an Xbox one s 1 TB halo bundle collection from microsoft website for $350.00. Quite the perfect bundle.

I already have a ps3 and have been a playstation fan boy for quite some time, but i figure if I go xbox now I still get Kingdom hearts 3, and can also play the awesome Halo bundle. Also, looking forward to rocket league.

Is there any reason why I shouldn't buy an xbox one s in this situation? I don't see any reason to buy a ps4 right now since I have a ps3 and an xbox covers most/all the games that are of any concern to me.

(note: I am not a big game-player, just love a few games passionately -- kingdom hearts series, final fantasy, halo series, some sports games, some fun games like rocket league / lbp)

I've been waiting to purchase a One S Halo bundle myself. I've been plenty occupied with my PS4 so I haven't made the purchase yet. I would say that if you're not a big gamer, I wouldn't bother with the 1TB version. You can get a better price for the 500GB and it sounds like you don't need the extra space.

Also, if you're only going to get one system, it's all about comparing price and exclusives. I loved Halo when I played 2 and 3 in college, but Naughty Dog games are typically worth buying a Playstation by themselves. Uncharted 4 was really impressive.

• Replies 530
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been waiting to purchase a One S Halo bundle myself. I've been plenty occupied with my PS4 so I haven't made the purchase yet. I would say that if you're not a big gamer, I wouldn't bother with the 1TB version. You can get a better price for the 500GB and it sounds like you don't need the extra space.

Thanks for that tip. It's something I've considered for sure. It's $50 extra for the 1TB over the 500GB and -- yes -- I don't really think I'd use the extra space unless games are rather large.

After a little research I see that halo 5 is around 60 GB, halo MCC is around 60 GB, so it mighttt be worth getting the 1TB for $50 extra and not having to worry about space for a while.

Although, I just now saw that Rocket League is only about 4 GB so, maybe I can get by with 500 GB. Seems like Fallout 4 is ~30 GB initially.

Verdict: I could probably get by with 500 GB since I'm not a big gamer, but it might be a nice ease of mind for $50 more. I'll have to see :D.

Also, if you're only going to get one system, it's all about comparing price and exclusives. I loved Halo when I played 2 and 3 in college, but Naughty Dog games are typically worth buying a Playstation by themselves. Uncharted 4 was really impressive.

I've never tried those games. It's just one of those things that I can't / likely won't get around to with life. Ah well.

Has anyone played Halo: The Master Chief Collection? I read that it had such big errors and was a disaster.

All I really want to do is play a little here and there with my gf in coop, nothing to serious. I'm sure that's playable, right? :D

QUOTE (iWin4Ron @ Oct 10, 2016 -> 07:49 AM)
Has anyone played Halo: The Master Chief Collection? I read that it had such big errors and was a disaster.

All I really want to do is play a little here and there with my gf in coop, nothing to serious. I'm sure that's playable, right? :D

Got it when it came out and yes, the matchmaking was broken to the point that you basically could not play online with people. Haven't played it since the first couple weeks or so that it was out, so I have no idea if they've fixed that stuff, but I know it was still a problem for months after I quit.

The campaigns worked fine for me and I'm sure it would be a lot of fun to play through them all co-op. I did make it halfway through a level and when I came back to play it the next day, my checkpoint was nowhere to be found. That was kind of the last straw for me, but just don't quit in the middle of levels and you'll be fine I guess?

QUOTE (iWin4Ron @ Oct 10, 2016 -> 07:49 AM)

I haven't played it for a long time so I can't speak to whether there are new issues or how the game is working now but it was a huge disaster upon release but they eventually did get it fixed before I stopped playing it.

QUOTE (ChiliIrishHammock24 @ Oct 11, 2016 -> 11:32 PM)
Bought Mafia 3

Dude, come on with this. At least add a little bit of substance. Could you have waited until you played it and said something about it then? Otherwise I'm going to start posting 'Took a dump'

QUOTE (JenksIsMyHero @ Oct 17, 2016 -> 01:06 PM)
That game was 2/3rd's amazing. The middle third, the entire side trip to Mexico, was such a bore. It took me forever to get through. The 1st and 3rd portions were amazing though. Even with that crappy middle section it's still one of the best games ever.

Really? I liked the Mexico parts. It's just that by then, most of the game is open to you, so you have tons of time to f*** around not really doing s***.

QUOTE (Ezio Auditore @ Oct 17, 2016 -> 12:07 PM)
Really? I liked the Mexico parts. It's just that by then, most of the game is open to you, so you have tons of time to f*** around not really doing s***.

Like dragging whores through towns.

I liked RDR more in theory than in practice. Great setting and story, but the game play seemed to be all of the worst parts of GTA. It took forever to get to way points and so many missions were "go here, then go here, kill everyone, the end." The gun play was pretty basic too, really easy to stay in cover the whole time and one-shot kill with bodyshots.

Undead Nightmare was fun though.

Edited by ZoomSlowik

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Oct 17, 2016 -> 02:38 PM)
I liked RDR more in theory than in practice. Great setting and story, but the game play seemed to be all of the worst parts of GTA. It took forever to get to way points and so many missions were "go here, then go here, kill everyone, the end." The gun play was pretty basic too, really easy to stay in cover the whole time and one-shot kill with bodyshots.

Undead Nightmare was fun though.

I had no problems staying busy going from one end of the map to the other because the environment was so damn alive that I was constantly sidetracked with sidestories and random NPC interactions and hunting. I spent HOURS wandering between missions and I loved it.

Gun was basic, but nothing was more fun than using the "dead eye" or whatever it was called to go in slow motion and pick off body parts in a rapid barrage of fire. That s*** was fun EVERY DAMN TIME.