2016-2017 NFL Thread

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jan 1, 2017 -> 12:50 PM)
They are bad enough to lose while putting up a good effort. Penalties, turnovers, bad tackling, you have to question if this goes on for the rest of the game if it costs Fox his job.

This might be the only game they've played that they look like they've quit on Fox. Jets have been doing it for 5 weeks now.

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My hope tonight is that the Redskins win and the Packers /Lions head to overtime. The loser doesn't make the playoffs but a tie and both teams advance and knock out Washington. That could be entertaining strategy . Although the Lions would prefer the division and home playoff game.

Re: Panthers/Bucs game a second ago.

Has there been a single case this year where a team down 7 in the late 4th quarter scored a TD, went for 2 to take the lead rather than kicking to tie, and won the game?

I can't remember one and I'm recalling several losses that way, including this game.

QUOTE (Con te Giolito @ Jan 1, 2017 -> 03:32 PM)
Bold prediciton: none of those players will be drafted by the Bears. Pace has a little "smartest guy in the room" in him.

:huh:

Other than Kevin White, he's been very good in drafting guys so far.

QUOTE (Con te Giolito @ Jan 1, 2017 -> 03:36 PM)
Leonard Floyd was a puzzling pick as well, especially with the trade up.

.... and he was damn good this year as a rookie. (Giants were probably gonna select him next before Bears traded up)

QUOTE (Con te Giolito @ Jan 1, 2017 -> 04:36 PM)
Leonard Floyd was a puzzling pick as well, especially with the trade up.

Really though I expect them to trade down with the Bills for '17 1st, '17 2nd, '18 1st.

Depends on how much job security he has. If he's trading for future year picks he better be confident he doesn't need that first round pick to save his job after 2017.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jan 1, 2017 -> 03:08 PM)

Has there been a single case this year where a team down 7 in the late 4th quarter scored a TD, went for 2 to take the lead rather than kicking to tie, and won the game?

I can't remember one and I'm recalling several losses that way, including this game.

Week 1 Raiders Saints

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxs...01609110nor.htm

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jan 1, 2017 -> 03:39 PM)
Depends on how much job security he has. If he's trading for future year picks he better be confident he doesn't need that first round pick to save his job after 2017.

And I find that ridiculous cause Pace has been far from the problem other than people ripping him on not drafting a QB (yet). It would be a very Bears thing to do however.

I think what really got my blood boiling was Loggins and company admitting they had no idea that Jordan Howard was this good when there were people even on this board (I believe Rock was his biggest fan coming out) who said he should be the starting RB from day 1.

Edited by SoxAce

QUOTE (Con te Giolito @ Jan 1, 2017 -> 03:50 PM)
Right, that cant happen again. I doubt it will though.

They have no corners, no QB, the safeties suck. They might not be 3-13 again, but can they be .500? Does 6-10 or 7-9 spell the end of Fox next year? Does it spell the end of Pace?

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jan 1, 2017 -> 04:08 PM)

The Raiders play took guts. This play was like a preseason game where neither teams wants to go to OT.

Edited by zenryan

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jan 1, 2017 -> 05:05 PM)
They have no corners, no QB, the safeties suck. They might not be 3-13 again, but can they be .500? Does 6-10 or 7-9 spell the end of Fox next year? Does it spell the end of Pace?

Is that with Tony Romo or Jimmy Gimnotlookinguphowtospellhisnametoday at QB, or is that with a 2nd round pick as their starting QB? Because if they trade for Romo and go 6-10 then fire everyone, GM included. If they trade for JG and go 6-10 then how did their QB play look while getting there?

They'll get healthy and a competent coaching staff will able to lean on Howard to make the offense decent.

Who knows what will happen if the Bears go into a season without Cutler even on the roster, maybe they will activate a new mode.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jan 1, 2017 -> 04:18 PM)
Is that with Tony Romo or Jimmy Gimnotlookinguphowtospellhisnametoday at QB, or is that with a 2nd round pick as their starting QB? Because if they trade for Romo and go 6-10 then fire everyone, GM included. If they trade for JG and go 6-10 then how did their QB play look while getting there?

Does it matter? 6-10 is still 6-10 and shows the talent leve and or coaching is not up to snuff. It is amazing anyone would have any patience after 6-10, 3-13, and 6-10. The disaster that was Emery/Trestman was 8-8, 5-11. Love got canned after a 10-6. Fox is now in Abe Gibson territory after 2 years. I can't see how they would bring him back in 2018 if they didn't make the playoffs next year. If you are going to make a change unless a miracle happens, wouldn't it be better to move on now and restart the clock?