USA Today 2016 season predicitions

LittleHurt05

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Feb 15, 2016 -> 05:27 PM)
Yeah, 90 wins means we hit our ZiPs projections AND some. And those are about as rosy as they are going to get.

and that is barring any injury or bad luck.

however that can be said about any team. right?

either way, a nice start for the week.

QUOTE (raBBit @ Feb 15, 2016 -> 05:30 PM)
If LaRoche could hit 20 HRs and hit .260/.320 against RHP that would be such a needed pick me up.

let me ask this question.

i am looking for the worst case.

even if he hit like last yr, and say with a hr range from 15-20, i still think he will help, don't you??

Probably worth remembering that our 2014 offense seemed exciting and explosive with Viciedo, eaton, de aza, gillaspie, ramirez, beckham, abreu and flowers.

Players have better years...they need to just...have them. Could really use some career years too.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Feb 15, 2016 -> 11:27 AM)
Yeah, 90 wins means we hit our ZiPs projections AND some. And those are about as rosy as they are going to get.

Well considering zips projections are the 50 percentile, we'd probably need our players to produce 15-20% above their projections.

If there is one thing about advanced metrics I do not like it is how they have just crushed the imaginations of fans. 90 wins isn't that far fetched for this roster, just as 70 wins isn't that far fetched either. This goes for every team in the game.

There will be multiple WS favorites who fail to make the playoffs this year, there will be multiple annual doormats who get a ticket to the dance instead. It's hard to tell who those teams will be, but the Sox have a rotation that makes it impossible to deny their chances.

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Feb 15, 2016 -> 05:51 PM)
This is rather surprising and agree with others that say things must go right for the SOX to win 90 games. I definitely think it's possible though.

as i have said, it is up to that fickle lady called lady luck.

i still want to be so positive in my thoughts, as long as they finish.... well.... i leave that there.

QUOTE (LDF @ Feb 15, 2016 -> 11:57 AM)
as i have said, it is up to that fickle lady called lady luck.

i still want to be so positive in my thoughts, as long as they finish.... well.... i leave that there.

To be honest, I'm not much of a believer in luck. Certain players just need to perform up to their career averages which, to me, is more about focus/repetition/desire/outlook/working hard and things of that nature.