**World Soxtalk Championship Wrestling IV Thread**

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, Payback in Chicago is tomorrow. Just some thoughts from someone who is following wrestling as a way to delay studying for my finals:

WWE is claiming that this PPV is the 'first PPV of the new era'. I can only assume that they are referring to a PG-style era of new bloods running through the WWE (styles, Owens, Nakamaru, the tag teams, bullet club, etc etc). Cool. Hopefully something can come from it, like a new megastar in Styles or Owens becomming the greatest heel champion in some time, but I'm not holding my breath. We know the Chicago crowd will be great, Let's get to the PPV:

- Roman Reigns vs. AJ Styles for the WWE World Heavyweight Championship

Ah, A+ for WWE putting someone new into the title scene (Styles). A world class wrestler. Reigns is still...here... and he's cutting terrible promo's. The interesting thing with this match will be how the bullet club and co. play out. I hear Balor is ready to make his debut at Payback and I'm sure it would have something to do with this match, if that's the case.

Prediction: Reigns will keep the title via disqualification. I don't know who get's DQ'd, but likely due to run-ins we will see no title change. They can't possibly take the title off Reigns after building him up for so long.

- Vince McMahon will announce who has control of RAW going forward

My god, what a botch of a storyline. 100% awful, grade A+ bulls***. We all should rightfully be ashamed to bear witness to this storyline. So we have Vince who disowns his son, puts him into hell in front of the 'Taker, his son loses, and then gives him the show anyway. Later, he now has to assign the company to one of them.

The best result, the only hope of salvaging anything?: Brand split.

Likely to happen: A way to keep this storyline going into the summer for a payoff at Summer slam of sorts. (HHH vs Shane?)

- Charlotte (w/ Ric Flair) vs. Natalya (w/ Bret Hart) for the WWE Women’s Championship

Charlotte wins in a good match.

- Sami Zayn vs. Kevin Owens

Woohoo, great match time and should be a lasting feud. This is how the WWE should book things! I have Zayn winning in a roll up sort of way to make Owens mad and continue the feud,

- The Miz vs. Cesaro for the WWE Intercontinental Championship

Miz wins with Maryse help.

- Dean Ambrose vs. Chris Jericho

Another fresh, interesting match. Ambrose should win as he needs to do something other than lose every match.

- Dolph Ziggler vs. Baron Corbin

Corbin wins in what should be a squash.

- Enzo Amore and Colin Cassady vs. The Vaudevillains to become No. 1 contenders to the WWE Tag Team Championship

Cool tag team tournament, I approve! I also approve of this as a PPV match, making it feel more important. I want Amore and Cass to win, I think Vaudevillains win.

- Kalisto vs. Ryback for the U.S. Championship (Kickoff Show match)

Ryback likely wins? Who cares?

Ya, I'm actually really looking forward to tonight, should be a fun ppv. My only complaint is I wish they'd get this McMahon bulls*** out of my life and would have had Becky-Emma on the ppv but got to have our McMahon family drama!

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 30, 2016 -> 10:28 PM)

They did a Law Rie Rocks with clap emojis in between the "words" today that made me think of New Day Rocks. I think this confirms that's what they were going for. Pretty cool stuff. Props White Sox Twitter guy.