**World Soxtalk Championship Wrestling IV Thread**

QUOTE (scs787 @ Jun 20, 2016 -> 06:58 AM)
Yep, Roman has been solid in the ring for awhile. I like him as a wrestler a lot more than Ambrose. In fact I'm with fathom in my hatred for Dean. He's not very good.

I can see it playing out that way, but then who gets Dean at BG?

Don't know. I'd say maybe AJ but don't want to see him lose another title match right away. HHH is due a rematch but he's not wrestling at Battleground.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 19, 2016 -> 10:12 PM)
Liked the Cena match until the very end. Was very disappointed by the ladder match. Way too much stalling it felt like. Owens and Cesaro were of course the two best in it.

Owens was good, but I did think Cesaro was the man of the ladder match. He did so well.

Jose just showed me a screen cap from reddit..

"Seth became the first person to 1v1 pin Roman Reigns clean in his entire main roster career. Roman has not lost 1v1 clean since 2012 in FCW to Adam Rose."

Edited by TRU

QUOTE (TRU @ Jun 20, 2016 -> 08:40 AM)
Jose just showed me a screen cap from reddit..

"Seth became the first person to 1v1 pin Roman Reigns clean in his entire main roster career. Roman has not lost 1v1 clean since 2012 in FCW to Adam Rose."

Now THAT's what you call "protected"!

Tonight's RAW I start it off with Dean. After some talk about who gets their rematch first, he pulls out a contract from his back pocket. He signs it and dares Roman and Seth to come down and do likewise.

Or better...

Start with Rollins in the ring asking for his re-match. Wait a bit and have Reigns ask for his re-match. Have it almost get to fists and then kill the lights. After a moment show the two laid out in the ring. Allow the whole place think it's Dean. Do it again next week doing it Rollins first then another segment to Reigns. Third Monday allow ax executive chair to spin where only Ambrose sees who/what is in the chair. We get to later see a contract for Battleground of Dean vs an unknown opponent. Battleground Rollins v Reigns the other match is the one that has done all the damage. Ambrose comes out and says something like folks thought I was crazy to turn in the briefcase as I did. Now they see that I am a lunatic for taking a title match against an unknown opponent. the lights drop and we see the dim light...We're Here. Bray's music hits and that becomes battleground.

QUOTE (brett05 @ Jun 20, 2016 -> 12:10 PM)
Tonight's RAW I start it off with Dean. After some talk about who gets their rematch first, he pulls out a contract from his back pocket. He signs it and dares Roman and Seth to come down and do likewise.

Or better...

Start with Rollins in the ring asking for his re-match. Wait a bit and have Reigns ask for his re-match. Have it almost get to fists and then kill the lights. After a moment show the two laid out in the ring. Allow the whole place think it's Dean. Do it again next week doing it Rollins first then another segment to Reigns. Third Monday allow ax executive chair to spin where only Ambrose sees who/what is in the chair. We get to later see a contract for Battleground of Dean vs an unknown opponent. Battleground Rollins v Reigns the other match is the one that has done all the damage. Ambrose comes out and says something like folks thought I was crazy to turn in the briefcase as I did. Now they see that I am a lunatic for taking a title match against an unknown opponent. the lights drop and we see the dim light...We're Here. Bray's music hits and that becomes battleground.

Unfortunately, in clear predictable fashion, I think we see the Seth Vs Roman match at Battleground to determine the #1 contender only to have that result be inconclusive and then a triple threat is made for SummerSlam. I think someone already said that in here, definitely agree with that.

QUOTE (TRU @ Jun 20, 2016 -> 12:24 PM)
Unfortunately, in clear predictable fashion, I think we see the Seth Vs Roman match at Battleground to determine the #1 contender only to have that result be inconclusive and then a triple threat is made for SummerSlam. I think someone already said that in here, definitely agree with that.

Yes I did. Great minds think alike.

QUOTE (The Critic @ Jun 20, 2016 -> 01:16 PM)
I see Dean Ambrose's title run being as memorable and impactful as Dolph Ziggler's.

I think I saw someone post some conspiracy theory that they made the decision to have Ambrose cash in and win last night to coincide with Cleveland winning so they can milk that on Raw tonight. Its a stretch seeing as how Dean is from Cincinnati, but I guess we will see if its mentioned at all tonight. I would expect that his reign will be short lived, cant see him holding the belt past SummerSlam.

Who knows why they ended up going with this but I find it interesting that the theory is at least out there that this is in response to just how little of a draw Roman has proven to be for them. Like I said, no clue but I can buy into that one.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jun 20, 2016 -> 03:46 PM)
Who knows why they ended up going with this but I find it interesting that the theory is at least out there that this is in response to just how little of a draw Roman has proven to be for them. Like I said, no clue but I can buy into that one.

I also saw something that said the "A" shows featuring Roman were drawing the same as the "B" shows featuring Ambrose and that could have played into this as well. I dunno, well see.

QUOTE (TRU @ Jun 20, 2016 -> 03:48 PM)
I also saw something that said the "A" shows featuring Roman were drawing the same as the "B" shows featuring Ambrose and that could have played into this as well. I dunno, well see.

Right. The Reigns shows in bigger cities with the massive push he's received. And I know at least with in the last month that Dean's headlining shows have actually done better which is pretty crazy too. Maybe Vince is finally realizing that Roman isn't Cena or maybe that's all a coincidence, who knows.

Doubt Ambrose title reign lasts very long. Could see WWE doing something along the lines of having him lose it even tonight on raw of all places. As much as I would like to see him or Rollins have the title, just don't see it as the thinking of WWE

It appears that one reason for WWE taking the title off of Roman Reigns may be due to house show business. WWE live event attendance in May had dropped from 5,600 last year to 3,900 this year, which is a 30% decline. While John Cena had been out of action, the A and B house show tours had been doing close to the same numbers. The B shows are usually the smaller towns and venues, and were headlined by Dean Ambrose. On this morning’s edition of Wrestling Observer Radio, Dave Meltzer (via wrestlinginc.com) had the following to say…

“Last month the ‘B’ shows with Dean Ambrose, that were often in smaller markets, were drawing just as well as the ‘A’ shows with Roman Reigns. Roman Reigns is drawing really bad. Before he wasn’t, but now he is, so now it’s an issue. Does that mean that it led to this [title change], or is this just another way to get Roman Reigns more over, because that’s been the goal for the last however long? Time will tell.”

I hope VKM learned shoving a guy down fans throat does not make him popular.

Edited by Soxfest

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Jun 20, 2016 -> 04:33 PM)
It appears that one reason for WWE taking the title off of Roman Reigns may be due to house show business. WWE live event attendance in May had dropped from 5,600 last year to 3,900 this year, which is a 30% decline. While John Cena had been out of action, the A and B house show tours had been doing close to the same numbers. The B shows are usually the smaller towns and venues, and were headlined by Dean Ambrose. On this morning’s edition of Wrestling Observer Radio, Dave Meltzer (via wrestlinginc.com) had the following to say…

“Last month the ‘B’ shows with Dean Ambrose, that were often in smaller markets, were drawing just as well as the ‘A’ shows with Roman Reigns. Roman Reigns is drawing really bad. Before he wasn’t, but now he is, so now it’s an issue. Does that mean that it led to this [title change], or is this just another way to get Roman Reigns more over, because that’s been the goal for the last however long? Time will tell.”

Yup, thats what I read in regards to the attendance figures

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jun 20, 2016 -> 03:59 PM)
Right. The Reigns shows in bigger cities with the massive push he's received. And I know at least with in the last month that Dean's headlining shows have actually done better which is pretty crazy too. Maybe Vince is finally realizing that Roman isn't Cena or maybe that's all a coincidence, who knows.

Yeah, I believe Meltzer breaks it down on one of the audios on his site that I plan on listening to on drive home, if there's details I'll discuss.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jun 20, 2016 -> 09:16 PM)
Like The Wyatts and New Day, but them feuding may just be the single worst idea of all time.

I've been over the Wyatts for a while but I'm intrigued by this feud. Such a contrast that it could be great, could be awful though too. We'll see where they go with it.