**World Soxtalk Championship Wrestling IV Thread**

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Dec 26, 2016 -> 05:23 PM)
I'm going to SD tomorrow now so yay. It'll be my 10th wrestling show of the year which is just sad but oh well. I think Wrestlemania might have been the worst of the bunch ha.

Nobody cares.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (soxfan49 @ Dec 27, 2016 -> 10:41 AM)
I went last night and it was awful. Yikes.

I can't believe they did KO vs Reigns AGAIN! It's like they're f'n with us. I actually like the Braun Stroman stuff though.

SD looks awesome tonight. I'm guessing Joe debuts with the way WWE social media has been the past day or so. Card is stacked. Wish I was going.

QUOTE (2005thxfrthmmrs @ Dec 27, 2016 -> 07:13 PM)
Cena loses to AJ in RR, then one last rematch for Cena (title vs career or whatever) at WM and Cena wins his 16th title. I'm calling it.

I'm calling Cena gets #16 at Rumble in front of 70,000.

It reminds me of when Rock beat Punk because they wanted Rock vs Cena 2 at Mania for title. I think they want Cena vs Taker for title at Mania 33. Just a gut feeling.

I went both nights. The best part was taking my daughters for their first. They loved it.

My ten year old made her own chant....New Day Rocks and Snowcones. Was pretty cute.

The crowd is mental chanting for CM Punk. We countered with "He's a Quitter!"

Stephanie nailed the CM Punk chanters with her comment.

Cena got more cheers than boos both nights. (Raw during return promos).

Braun was the whole Raw entertainment. And that was better than Smackdown.

Baron Corbin can't wrestle or do two punches without a prolonged break. He gets winded too fast. That was one of the worst matches I had ever seen.

The tag title change was super weak too. But man does the Chicago crown love Randy Orton.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Dec 28, 2016 -> 09:15 AM)
I had fun last night. Never thought I'd hear the Cubs get booed in Chicago. The CM Punk chants are dumb, chanting he's a quitter is just as silly. I'll also never understand why Orton gets cheered when Cena gets booed, that's just weird to me.

Well, he did quit WWE and then tapped out in 2:14. :P

And Orton is awesome so shut up.

I'm glad the crowd kind of booed Dolph.

Edited by Brian

QUOTE (Brian @ Dec 28, 2016 -> 09:31 AM)
Well, he did quit WWE and then tapped out in 2:14. :P

And Orton is awesome so shut up.

I'm glad the crowd kind of booed Dolph.

I was definitely surprised he got booed. I'm completely over the guy but chicago usually loves him.

QUOTE (brett05 @ Dec 28, 2016 -> 08:50 AM)
I went both nights. The best part was taking my daughters for their first. They loved it.

My ten year old made her own chant....New Day Rocks and Snowcones. Was pretty cute.

The crowd is mental chanting for CM Punk. We countered with "He's a Quitter!"

Stephanie nailed the CM Punk chanters with her comment.

Cena got more cheers than boos both nights. (Raw during return promos).

Braun was the whole Raw entertainment. And that was better than Smackdown.

Baron Corbin can't wrestle or do two punches without a prolonged break. He gets winded too fast. That was one of the worst matches I had ever seen.

The tag title change was super weak too. But man does the Chicago crown love Randy Orton.

I felt the same way about the tag titles. I don't like how they handled those belts the past few weeks. I get that they want to build up Bray so it was the right move to have them take the belts. But Slater and Rhyno were pretty over at the time, so just have them bend over and give up the belts without much of a fight was weak and just destroyed those two. Then you strip Wyatts of the belt after 3 weeks, and have one of your top superstars in the past 15 years pinned after just one German is also a weak finish.

QUOTE (Brian @ Dec 28, 2016 -> 06:28 AM)
I'm calling Cena gets #16 at Rumble in front of 70,000.

It reminds me of when Rock beat Punk because they wanted Rock vs Cena 2 at Mania for title. I think they want Cena vs Taker for title at Mania 33. Just a gut feeling.

I could see that, but I think there's a higher chance it would be a Triple Threat between the 3 at WM. There isn't anyone else on the SD roster could deserves to face AJ at WM if he's left out of the SD main event. (Unless they call up Joe or Nakamura, reviving their feuds at TNA and NJPW)

Edited by 2005thxfrthmmrs

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Dec 31, 2016 -> 08:55 AM)
Ronda Rousey has WWE written all over her now.

Jonathon Coachman was on Busted Open Radio and made good points. Why would WWE want her? They keep tabs on everyone outside the company as possible hires and he has been around Vince and Co enough to realize that they may not look at her that high now. Not because she lost, but because of the way she acted when she lost and being a poor sport.

Also, heel Neville is awesome. He's legit scary looking.

Wrestle Kingdom was yesterday and boy was it good.

Meltzer gave Omega vs Okada his first official 6 star match and said it was "Quite possibly the greatest wrestling match of all time."

https://youtu.be/pvJq0nJ4Vjc

Omega also went on record with sports illustrated (I believe) saying that he would "Rather be the legend who never stepped foot in the WWE than to be apart of their cog"....So that sucks, was really hoping we would see him jump ship....Maybe he changes his mind, I hope he changes his mind.

I really liked Omega-Okada(Kenny is a madman) but the first half of it was really slow. It was a great match but there's been better imo just in this past year let alone of all time. I respect Meltzer a lot and he's the best at what he does but despite what he says it certainly does seem like he has some sort of bias towards stuff in Japan. And I think Kenny just knows how to build his brand. I have no problem continuing to watch him do his thing in NJPW but I'm sure if WWE made him the right offer he'd jump.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jan 5, 2017 -> 06:29 PM)
I really liked Omega-Okada(Kenny is a madman) but the first half of it was really slow. It was a great match but there's been better imo just in this past year let alone of all time. I respect Meltzer a lot and he's the best at what he does but despite what he says it certainly does seem like he has some sort of bias towards stuff in Japan. And I think Kenny just knows how to build his brand. I have no problem continuing to watch him do his thing in NJPW but I'm sure if WWE made him the right offer he'd jump.

Rumor has it that WWE has made him several offers already. Omega is a quirky dude, doesn't seem like he's after the money, and he LOVES Japan, so I don't see him jumping to WWE anytime soon, which most people are fine with.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jan 5, 2017 -> 11:16 PM)
Hero is officially back in NXT so that's freakin awesome.

Dudeeee, did you read the spoilers? Sounds like they're gonna push him right out of the gate which is freakin awesome. I hate when my brother spoils stuff but this made me pop hard... Hero has been my favorite wrestler since I was like 16, and am 29 now.

QUOTE (scs787 @ Jan 5, 2017 -> 10:12 PM)
Dudeeee, did you read the spoilers? Sounds like they're gonna push him right out of the gate which is freakin awesome. I hate when my brother spoils stuff but this made me pop hard... Hero has been my favorite wrestler since I was like 16, and am 29 now.

I haven't even read the spoilers for the tapings yet. Basically once wwe or nxt put the stuff up on their official twitter account, I don't really consider it a 'spoiler' anymore. I wouldn't have posted it if they didn't.

Couldn't have given him a new name? Just awful

SOunds like another stinker between DIY and Revival. Just no chemistry between those two teams.

Edited by Brian

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jan 6, 2017 -> 12:27 AM)
I haven't even read the spoilers for the tapings yet. Basically once wwe or nxt put the stuff up on their official twitter account, I don't really consider it a 'spoiler' anymore. I wouldn't have posted it if they didn't.

I didn't see the twitter post, nor did I see the Instagram post until this morning, so yeah, its no longer a spoiler. Hero vs Nakamura should be incredible. Everyone knew he was back in NXT, but I don't think anyone saw a Nakamura feud right out of the gate. Especially when you consider WWE released him for being "fat" and now he's back and even fatter.

Edited by scs787

I just saw a pic of Hero tonight at an nxt show. He looks worse than I thought. Wonder if they'll keep him off tv for a couple of months to lose some weight. Even after belt tap at tapings.