The Bathroom Dilemma

cabiness42

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Alpha Dog @ Apr 19, 2016 -> 11:53 PM)
And you are worried about the less than .5% amount of people that identify as trans?

What gave you the impression I was worried about anything?

At the end of the day if your license or ID says a certain sex, thats where you go IMO. Trans people should be able to have whatever they want on their license and it keeps out weirdos who just want a peek.

Here is my bathroom dilemma right now. There is a major storm blowing through campus and we are being kept in our portables. This is my conference period which means I should be in the bathroom getting rid of the second cup of coffee. Feeling like Forest Gump. I need to go pee . . .

• 2 weeks later...
QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Apr 20, 2016 -> 03:33 PM)
What if a gay woman wants to leer at your daughters? How often are you even looking at another person's junk in public locker rooms or bathrooms?

My problem with social issues is nobody famous on TV or anywhere -- or nobody not famous yet wants to keep his/her job -- can discuss them because if they are against the minority in question they are done, finished, thrust out of society forever. Message boards are different, so let me give this argument against transgenders being allowed to go in the bathroom of the sex they IDENTIFY with.

In the case of trangenders. Here is the reality that nobody can even discuss this lest they be burned at the stake of public opinion. We can't even have a discussion out loud. If you don't agree with the transgenders on this you are seen as SCUM.

Yet I ask you to picture a transgender woman (yet a person who still has his male genetalia; he merely identifies as being a woman). Have you seen some of these people (ones who don't have the time to be made up like Kaitlyn Jenner)? I have.

I had to leave the Subway restauarant line I was in (God have mercy on me but yes I was GROSSED OUT by some guy in high heels who could barely walk in the heels; was very sickening sight pretending to be a woman). So let's say the woman (transgender) I describe is at a school function and can go in the women's restroom with women and children? Now this person may be the nicest person in the world, but he should be allowed to parade in the women's bathroom with his male parts??? What if it's a restroom somewhere else, in a park with few people using that restroom? That wouldn't be scary for a woman with woman parts??

Again ... a person can put on heels and a dress and identify with being a woman, but guess what, he's got a dick and is a man still. As a parent do you want your kid in the bathroom with this transgender??

Since this transgender identifies as a WOMAN by gosh, of course she can go in the women's rest room. If you say otherwise we will boycott your state. If you want to discuss it you are an intolerant bastard!

I say let's deal in reality ... you come with me to the Subway and see this woman and you tell me you are ready to let her be around your kids in a bathroom.

HORROR OF HORRORS ... Greg is such an asshole, such an intolerant, he should be forced to leave our country for even questioning this. There's no way that transgender is thinking anything but about the stall and going to the bathroom. She has no sexual motives!

The problem is not everybody is Kaitlyn Jenner in the transgender world. They don't have 15 hours to get made up and look like a barbie doll. this is real life. The reality is somebody who looks like a man will be allowed to parade into women's rest rooms.

Edited by greg775

People have been pissing and s***ting in public restrooms (with or without transgendered people doing the same) their entire lives without needing help and suddenly in 2016 some people decided everyone needed a set of rules on how to do it.

QUOTE (lostfan @ May 4, 2016 -> 09:57 PM)
People have been pissing and s***ting in public restrooms (with or without transgendered people doing the same) their entire lives without needing help and suddenly in 2016 some people decided everyone needed a set of rules on how to do it.

Then why the hell have we had MEN and WOMEN bathrooms forever? Why did we ever distinguish between the two?? Shouldn't we always have had just simple bathrooms for one sex? How come for years upon years we've distinguished between the two sexes for bathrooms? Last time I looked I look for the men's sign in a restaurant and sure enough one says Men the other Women.

What's weird about the people melting down over this issue is that I've definitely seen parents bring opposite-sex small children into the bathroom with them. If you're a dad with a toilet-training 3 year old daughter, you've got to either bring her in the men's bathroom with you or go into the women's bathroom with her.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Apr 20, 2016 -> 09:33 AM)
What if a gay woman wants to leer at your daughters?

I suppose that could be a worry but at least they have the same parts. There are a lot of people that aren't completely comfortable changing in lockerrooms even around others of the same sex but it's part of life and most just deal with it. But why compound the problem even more by letting anyone and everyone in the lockerrooms with no possible repercussions?

QUOTE (lostfan @ May 4, 2016 -> 03:57 PM)

Aside from the differences between bathrooms and lockerroom, we seem to have two separate solutions to this supposed problem. On one hand, we have at least one state that says people must use the bathroom that corresponds with the sex noted on their birth certificate.

Then we have the complete polar opposite in other places that say people are free to use whichever one they feel like. I don't think either one of these is the correct way to handle it.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ May 4, 2016 -> 04:00 PM)
Let's go back to Roman times. Non-segragated, open bench-style washrooms where you're looking the other person in the eye while you drop a duece.

JS48141384.jpg

Is that Wrigley Field???

Criminals do not follow laws, that is why they are criminals. So all the worries people have about their children being harmed are the same with or without these laws. Criminals break laws, it's what makes them criminals. These laws will allow honest people to use the restroom this is most appropriate for them. If you are creeping on a kid, you will still get arrested.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 5, 2016 -> 09:34 AM)
We obviously should end high school sports because Dennis Hastert used it as a gateway to molest little boys.

Certainlyat that school because Sandusky took down Penn State.

This whole "transgendered women are going to sexually assault girls in the restroom" is simply not a thing. To the extent this even happens at all, it doesn't happen often enough to deserve any kind of discussion.

"Men will pretend to be transgendered women" also sounds like a made-up fear that people came up with only recently, and it's a poor interpretation of what transgendered people are asking of everyone else (which is simply no more than "stop threatening and harassing me when I'm trying to take a piss").

Edited by lostfan

QUOTE (Tex @ May 5, 2016 -> 08:29 AM)
Criminals do not follow laws, that is why they are criminals. So all the worries people have about their children being harmed are the same with or without these laws. Criminals break laws, it's what makes them criminals. These laws will allow honest people to use the restroom this is most appropriate for them. If you are creeping on a kid, you will still get arrested.

But in the example I posted, no law was being broken. The girls in the locker room felt uncomfortable but they couldn't legally tell the guy to get out.

QUOTE (lostfan @ May 5, 2016 -> 09:54 AM)
This whole "transgendered women are going to sexually assault girls in the restroom" is simply not a thing. To the extent this even happens at all, it doesn't happen often enough to deserve any kind of discussion.

"Men will pretend to be transgendered women" also sounds like a made-up fear that people came up with only recently, and it's a poor interpretation of what transgendered people are asking of everyone else (which is simply no more than "stop threatening and harassing me when I'm trying to take a piss").

If it says male on your license you go to the mens locker room, if it says female thats where you go. If you do the opposite you get in trouble. Pretty much whats going to happen. Of course this depends on true trans people being allowed to put the sex they identify with on their license.

I would love to see Gregs reaction if a trans man who identified as a woman walked into the bathroom he was using and used it because she was forced to. Im sure he would be very accepting

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ May 5, 2016 -> 10:38 AM)
I would love to see Gregs reaction if a trans man who identified as a woman walked into the bathroom he was using and used it because she was forced to. Im sure he would be very accepting

That's the thing with these laws--a fully transitioned FtM person would be forced to use the women's restrooms and locker rooms because that's what their birth certificate says. The law itself is incoherent and basically unenforceable, it's just signaling "hey we're terrible people who want to openly harass transgendered folks because we can't harass gay people anymore."

QUOTE (lostfan @ May 5, 2016 -> 09:54 AM)

I generally agree with this, however, how many trans people have issues using bathrooms associated with their birth gender?

Men will pretend to be transgendered women" also sounds like a made-up fear that people came up with only recently, and it's a poor interpretation of what transgendered people are asking of everyone else (which is simply no more than "stop threatening and harassing me when I'm trying to take a piss").

I don't think it is, I think that's been happening, rarely, for a long time. You've always heard stories of random creeps hiding out in bathrooms and/or taking pictures of women. They're sick individuals and these laws aren't stopping that from happening.

However, what the laws MAY do is shift the burden of proof such that prosecution on those cases is much more difficult. Instead of being charged with being in a woman's bathroom (presence is enough to establish guilt), those creeps can now claim they're transgendered and you've taken that easy path away. Now you have a he/she said, he/she said situation about what happened inside the bathroom.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ May 5, 2016 -> 10:33 AM)
If it says male on your license you go to the mens locker room, if it says female thats where you go. If you do the opposite you get in trouble. Pretty much whats going to happen. Of course this depends on true trans people being allowed to put the sex they identify with on their license.

What's stopping the creep-o guy we're talking about here from being able to designate that he's a female? It's not like you can perform a test to determine your gender identity.

There's more documented cases of Republican men trolling bathrooms for on-the-down-low gay sex than transgendered people stalking womens restrooms.

Keep in mind that the laws now sort of defacto allow transgendered people to use the bathroom of their preference, and this does not appear to have actually caused any issues. Laws like NC explicitly change the status quo.