The Bathroom Dilemma

cabiness42

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 7, 2016 -> 03:25 AM)
You guys act like I yelled at the man who was dressed as a woman or tripped him or did something disgusting. All I did was choose to not follow him in Subway and get in line behind him.

This site is very liberal, I stand by that, when you are in favor of having a person with male body parts going into a bathroom with full blooded women. It's different when the person transitions and has his male body part removed, etc. Just because you envision yourself a woman doesn't give you the right to bring your male body part into a women's safe haven.

Transgender people have been using the bathrooms for the sex they identify as long as anyone else. Why is it suddenly a huge problem? I haven't seen anything in the newspapers or television about the spike in attacks.

I'm sure this will freak you out, but just about every woman has been in a public restroom with someone who was born male and you have been in a public restroom with someone who was born female. Somehow you were able to survive, and not even notice.

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 7, 2016 -> 03:25 AM)
You guys act like I yelled at the man who was dressed as a woman or tripped him or did something disgusting. All I did was choose to not follow him in Subway and get in line behind him.

This site is very liberal, I stand by that, when you are in favor of having a person with male body parts going into a bathroom with full blooded women. It's different when the person transitions and has his male body part removed, etc. Just because you envision yourself a woman doesn't give you the right to bring your male body part into a women's safe haven.

so again, since you havent(and probably will not answer) the question i asked before: are you ok with a transgendered/transitioning person who has "male parts" but dressed completely as a woman, coming into the mens bathroom with you.

I just want to be clear, that is the option you prefer.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ May 9, 2016 -> 09:12 AM)
so again, since you havent(and probably will not answer) the question i asked before: are you ok with a transgendered/transitioning person who has "male parts" but dressed completely as a woman, coming into the mens bathroom with you.

I just want to be clear, that is the option you prefer.

Sort of makes him hypocritical with his Subway deal. Stay away from me, but please, use the same bathroom.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ May 5, 2016 -> 01:49 PM)
In THIS country its a tiny blip.

In terms of deaths of US citizens its extremely minor. Worldwide there has been about 300-350 US deaths by terrorism in the last decade. On average that is 30 per year.

For comparison, texting and driving kills 11 TEENS every single day.

But it has a way of creeping into just about everything. I agree, an attack here is pretty far down my list of concerns- but body counts aren't the purpose of terrorism.

Transgender people didn't just get created. They've always existed. Where do people think they were going to the bathroom before? It wasn't the dumpster behind Wendy's.

(Well, okay maybe a few times but I mean not usually)

The solution is to move to individualized "bathrooms" with locks. Problem solved for all viewpoints.

It will take time and money on existing buildings, but attainable in new construction.

QUOTE (brett05 @ May 9, 2016 -> 07:40 AM)
The solution is to move to individualized "bathrooms" with locks. Problem solved for all viewpoints.

It will take time and money on existing buildings, but attainable in new construction.

That is an absurd waste of cost for an issue that impacts like .01% of the population. This isn't a problem. This is a giant waste of time and the fact that people are wasting all this breath is absurd.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ May 9, 2016 -> 10:14 AM)
That is an absurd waste of cost for an issue that impacts like .01% of the population. This isn't a problem. This is a giant waste of time and the fact that people are wasting all this breath is absurd.

Welcome to the USoA, 2016.

QUOTE (brett05 @ May 9, 2016 -> 09:40 AM)

A lot of places already have "family" bathrooms which are simply a single person bathroom in addition to the usual men's/women's.

But that still doesn't fix the issue with locker rooms and showers.

QUOTE (Iwritecode @ May 9, 2016 -> 10:29 AM)
A lot of places already have "family" bathrooms which are simply a single person bathroom in addition to the usual men's/women's.

But that still doesn't fix the issue with locker rooms and showers.

I agree it doesn't fix it, but it is a start. Like I said, new construction gets it, existing gets retro fitted. Solves both sides of the coin.

QUOTE (brett05 @ May 9, 2016 -> 01:17 PM)
I agree it doesn't fix it, but it is a start. Like I said, new construction gets it, existing gets retro fitted. Solves both sides of the coin.

The new construction may not be a big problem but even if all businesses had the money/room to make this change, what do we do in the meantime? This would take years if not decades to complete.

I would bet a lot of money that there have been way more attacks by same sex child molesters versus transgendered in bathrooms. That is not even taking into account how many times thing have happened in the settings where a male molests a male child in a power situation, such as a coach and an athlete or something similar.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ May 9, 2016 -> 10:14 AM)

It speaks to the power of the individual in our society.

QUOTE (JenksIsMyHero @ May 9, 2016 -> 03:18 PM)
Welcome to the USoA, 2016.

USA 2016 where everybody is special. Nobody needs to follow rules. Like George Carlin jokes about the entitled brats being raised today.

"Johnny your team didn't finish in last place. You were the last group of winners."

I love his take on being special. All kids are special. At what age does that exactly change? Cause as we know Not all adults are special. We should have a formal party when it's time that little Johnny isn't special anymore and has to enter the ratrace with everybody else and try to make a buck. Little Johnny isn't special any more at 22? 23?

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 9, 2016 -> 05:43 PM)
USA 2016 where everybody is special. Nobody needs to follow rules. Like George Carlin jokes about the entitled brats being raised today.

"Johnny your team didn't finish in last place. You were the last group of winners."

I love his take on being special. All kids are special. At what age does that exactly change? Cause as we know Not all adults are special. We should have a formal party when it's time that little Johnny isn't special anymore and has to enter the ratrace with everybody else and try to make a buck. Little Johnny isn't special any more at 22? 23?

So why are you acting like you are special? This has all been about you b****ing about being uncomfortable around others.

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 9, 2016 -> 05:43 PM)

Ok Little Johnny, stop acting like everyone should make your life easier because you're uncomfortable around different people.

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 4, 2016 -> 04:00 PM)
Then why the hell have we had MEN and WOMEN bathrooms forever? Why did we ever distinguish between the two?? Shouldn't we always have had just simple bathrooms for one sex? How come for years upon years we've distinguished between the two sexes for bathrooms? Last time I looked I look for the men's sign in a restaurant and sure enough one says Men the other Women.

Efficiency.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 10, 2016 -> 12:19 AM)
So why are you acting like you are special? This has all been about you b****ing about being uncomfortable around others.

This is such bulls***. I was reading today that PayPal does business with countries where being gay is punishable by flogging. And they will pull out of North Carolina just cause politicians want people with male body parts to stay out of female restrooms?

I want to know where the common sense has gone in America? With all the kooks out there, why should males be allowed in the women's restroom?? It makes zero sense. A lot of you are too liberal for me. Please answer this hypothetical.

You are at Museum of Science and Industry and you are walking toward women's restroom with your 10 year old niece or daughter. Just as you get there as she is about to walk in the restroom, a guy wearing a dress and heels who is about 6-foot-2, 320 is walking in at the same time. You mean to tell me you feel OK with your niece or daughter walking in there at the same time??? Just cause he IDENTIFIES with being a woman?? I say, "Hey lets wait til she comes out of the restroom before you go in." If that makes me a bad person I have to shake my head.

This is reality folks!! Not all transgendered people who have yet to have the surgery look like Kaitlyn Jenner!!Tell me you'd let your niece in the same bathroom in the scenario I described.

Edited by greg775

Greg, it's about all public relations.

In the US, it's a politically-loaded question, and PayPal wants to take no position or take the side that will cost it the least amount of transactions.

In a country like Iran, those types of Sharia laws on the books just don't cause an eyebrow to be raised. If you're realistically expecting protests against world government policies OUTSIDE the US, well, China would never sell a product outside of China NOR would any of our multinationals locate their plants/parts manufacturing & assembly/logistics facilities here. Nobody would buy an I-phone or a pair of Nike shoes, etc.

Edited by caulfield12