5/4 Game thread: Boston, 7:10pm, WPWR/ESPN

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Alexeihyeess @ May 4, 2016 -> 08:18 PM)
I've said it before and I'll say it here. Rodon is more like a #5 starter than anyone the Sox have on the farm or elsewhere. This team really needs a #3.

Good lord. The sun is nowhere to be found tonight. The sun will never shine!

QUOTE (Alexeihyeess @ May 4, 2016 -> 09:23 PM)
I think long term hes gonna be fine, but these inning he has are pretty brutal. You want Rodon starting playoff games? He's got a long way to go for that.

Long season. I think he's going to get better as the season progresses.

I've kind of figured out the pattern of these Sox games:

1st inning: EARLY RUNS

2-6 inning: NO RUNS

7-9 inning: INSURANCE RUNS

it suits our pitching staff well, but they no matter how good they look early the bats always seem to die. except Lawrie, who is a walk machine.

Long season. I think he's going to get better as the season progresses.

Maybe you're right, and I have no problem with them feeling that way about '17, '18 and so on... but THIS YEAR they should probably be thinking elsewhere. If he does figure it out GREAT! you can never have too many arms in the postseason, but if he doesn't your ass is covered.

QUOTE (Alexeihyeess @ May 4, 2016 -> 09:27 PM)
Maybe you're right, and I have no problem with them feeling that way about '17, '18 and so on... but THIS YEAR they should probably be thinking elsewhere. If he does figure it out GREAT! you can never have too many arms in the postseason, but if he doesn't your ass is covered.

True. Would be nice to have an insurance starter. But, if Rodon pitches the second half of the year this year like he did last year, then watch out man. I agree though, would be nice to have asses covered. I think the trade deadline is going to be an interesting one with our team if they are still up there come end of July..even the beginning of July.