GDT 5/13 Sox (23-12) vs. Yanks (14-19) at 6:05 CT

The Sir

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (God Loves The Infantry @ May 13, 2016 -> 06:36 PM)
My Rangers fan wife just saw Mark Teixeira and asked if the Yankees were the retirement home of MLB.

I told her that, between Tex, Beltran, CC and ARod, they are. Even McCann could probably fit in this category.

I like having one old vet like Rollins on the team, but I have no idea how anyone can get excited about a roster with six of them.

Well they got them on gigantic contracts. I'm sure they regret it now.

QUOTE (SouthSideSale @ May 13, 2016 -> 07:45 PM)
I love Sales new approach to more contact less Ks.

I love the efficiency. My only fear is that one of these days, one team is gonna get lucky and get hits off him on those balls in play. But then again, I think Chris can turn it on whenever he wants and throw 96-97 to get the Ks.

QUOTE (chw42 @ May 13, 2016 -> 06:48 PM)
I love the efficiency. My only fear is that one of these days, one team is gonna get lucky and get hits off him on those balls in play. But then again, I think Chris can turn it on whenever he wants and throw 96-97 to get the Ks.

He's not perfect. That will happen. Some team will bomb him. He'll bounce back and continue to roll towards the CY Young.

QUOTE (chw42 @ May 13, 2016 -> 07:48 PM)

That's the thing, as you said, he still has the upper 90s heat when he wants it. If he gets into a man-on-third, one-out situation, he can rear back and get that K.

QUOTE (Scoots @ May 13, 2016 -> 07:53 PM)
Yeah I heard that. How do you not know how good Rollins was? Especially as a 70 year old commentator...

He said he doesn't follow the NL. But come on, if you follow baseball you know how good Jimmy Rollins was. He was the NL MVP in 2007.

Sale's evolution this year reminds me a lot of what Sabathia did to become such a dominant pitcher in 2007. Sabathia used to throw nothing but 94-97 MPH fastballs when he first came up. He was good, but not great. Then he started changing speeds on his fastballs. He'd have different variations, a lot like Chris right now.