GDT 5/14 Sox (24-12) vs. Yanks (14-20) at 12:05 CT

The Sir

QUOTE (fathom @ May 14, 2016 -> 02:14 PM)
Whole game has been a bunch of at bats without much of a game plan. Can't really blame them against the relievers, but the approach vs Nova was bad.

Yeah, way too many harmless grounders off Nova.

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (SonofaRoache @ May 14, 2016 -> 02:15 PM)
Jackson and Abreu would have reached base had they just not swung. That slider is nasty but it's not a strike.

Most nasty sliders aren't strikes, and on purpose. Hitters swing and miss at them. Easier to say they should just have laid off. Hard to actually do it

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ May 14, 2016 -> 12:09 PM)
I don't know what game you are watching or even games. Avi has been doing a good job this season and in this game our hitters are being overmatched by tough pitchers absolutely ridiculous to start hating on a player. Just now Yanks relief pitching struck out 5 Sox hitters in a row.

He had a nice 11 game stretch this season. Before that, he was garbage. In the limited time since that stretch, he's looked like the garbage of old.

I'm just fed up by the idea that he will keep getting more and more chances because he goes through hot streaks. I really don't want these streaks to jeopardize our search for a legitimate bat.

QUOTE (SonofaRoache @ May 14, 2016 -> 02:15 PM)
Jackson and Abreu would have reached base had they just not swung. That slider is nasty but it's not a strike.

It's almost like it looked like a strike and fooled them. Weird

QUOTE (Scoots @ May 14, 2016 -> 02:18 PM)
Most nasty sliders aren't strikes, and on purpose. Hitters swing and miss at them. Easier to say they should just have laid off. Hard to actually do it

Its not hard at all. Go to the plate and take pitch one. If it is a ball take pitch two as well. If that is a ball you have him cornered. If pitch two is a strike you only swing at pitch 3 if it is a fastball. I agree with what Hawk said completely. You have to have a plan going against a junk ball thrower.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ May 14, 2016 -> 02:21 PM)
It's almost like it looked like a strike and fooled them. Weird

That's fine with two strikes. After Jacksons strike out It was clear that pitch is a ball. Jose should have taken the first few pitches to test the waters. No rule that says you must swing.

QUOTE (SonofaRoache @ May 14, 2016 -> 02:23 PM)
Its not hard at all. Go to the plate and take pitch one. If it is a ball take pitch two as well. If that is a ball you have him cornered. If pitch two is a strike you only swing at pitch 3 if it is a fastball. I agree with what Hawk said completely. You have to have a plan going against a junk ball thrower.

If it were that simple you could be making $20 million at year, not posting on a message board telling everyone how simple it is.P

QUOTE (SonofaRoache @ May 14, 2016 -> 02:23 PM)

I agree, it's pretty simple to hit MLB pitching.