Mat Latos DFA - Danish called up

Princess Dye

QUOTE (lasttriptotulsa @ Jun 9, 2016 -> 01:21 PM)
Ridiculous for thinking that players have a lot more to do with winning and losing than the manager? I guess I'm ridiculous then. The difference between the best manager and the worst is only a few wins per season.

Well f*** it, let's sign Robin to a lifetime contract then! CHOO CHOO!!!!!

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (TitoMB @ Jun 9, 2016 -> 03:22 PM)
Well f*** it, let's sign Robin to a lifetime contract then! CHOO CHOO!!!!!

Who the hell said that. If this team misses the playoffs this year he will more than likely be rightfully gone. You're a clown if you think changing the manager and leaving the roster the same is going to change anything in the middle of the season.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Jun 9, 2016 -> 03:21 PM)
Yes, but if it were short-term wouldn't they just call up Carroll or something?

I think he stays if successful. I think the pen has the plan because alot of his success is due to the odd delivery. I don't think it would play well as a starter in the MLB.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Jun 9, 2016 -> 03:21 PM)
Yes, but if it were short-term wouldn't they just call up Carroll or something?

That was my first thought, but we also had the Montas call-up last year in June, and some other examples I can't think of. I think it's a chance to give their prospects some excitement and keep them focused on their goals.

QUOTE (lasttriptotulsa @ Jun 9, 2016 -> 01:24 PM)
Who the hell said that. If this team misses the playoffs this year he will more than likely be rightfully gone. You're a clown if you think changing the manager and leaving the roster the same is going to change anything in the middle of the season.

Guess I'm a clown then. Always wanted to be a clown! Just like our manager, Robin Ventura.

Certainly didn't expect this.

But wasn't it just a few days ago where Robin specifically said he wanted to keep Latos in the rotation and move Gonzalas to the pen?

Now all of a sudden he's released.

Sounds like somebody above Robin pulled the trigger (obviously) but I wonder if he was consulted or asked to give his opinion on this before it was done.

Again you give them points for trying but as to whether or not it actually does any good, we'll have to see.

Mark

QUOTE (shipps @ Jun 9, 2016 -> 03:22 PM)
If its not KW then its Hahn operating through the essence of Kenny Williams past.

I don't know....maybe they work together? People do that on occasion.

QUOTE (Lip Man 1 @ Jun 9, 2016 -> 03:30 PM)
Certainly didn't expect this.

But wasn't it just a few days ago where Robin specifically said he wanted to keep Latos in the rotation and move Gonzalas to the pen?

Now all of a sudden he's released.

Sounds like somebody above Robin pulled the trigger (obviously) but I wonder if he was consulted or asked to give his opinion on this before it was done.

Again you give them points for trying but as to whether or not it actually does any good, we'll have to see.

Mark

Managers generally don't make roster move decisions.

QUOTE (ptatc @ Jun 9, 2016 -> 03:34 PM)
I don't know....maybe they work together? People do that on occasion.

I would love to see evidence that Hahn has fresh ideas that they follow through with.

QUOTE (shipps @ Jun 9, 2016 -> 03:36 PM)
I would love to see evidence that Hahn has fresh ideas that they follow through with.

I think the evidence would be that do you truly believe that a person so coveted by so many organizations would turn down all of those other positions to take one where he has no say or power?

If they answer is yes, I don't want him as GM.

If it's no, then they work TOGETHER. The decisions are mutual and they rise or fall TOGETHEr.

QUOTE (shipps @ Jun 9, 2016 -> 03:36 PM)

I would love to see evidence that says Hahn has fresh ideas that they don't follow through with.

It's so funny to me how Kenny gets blamed for all the moves people don't like and Rick is the savior who makes all the moves people like.

When things go bad, it's OBVIOUS that Kenny is still running the team. How about they're both working together and it's Jerry's win-now approach that causes this mess.

Edited by soxfan2014

QUOTE (ptatc @ Jun 9, 2016 -> 03:39 PM)
I think the evidence would be that do you truly believe that a person so coveted by so many organizations would turn down all of those other positions to take one where he has no say or power?

If they answer is yes, I don't want him as GM.

If it's no, then they work TOGETHER. The decisions are mutual and they rise or fall TOGETHEr.

Could it be possible that Hahn likes the financial security that the Sox present him with that NO OTHER organization could give him? Why go somewhere that if you fail they will hold you accountable?

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Jun 9, 2016 -> 03:41 PM)
I would love to see evidence that says Hahn has fresh ideas that they don't follow through with.

It's so funny to me how Kenny gets blamed for all the moves people don't like and Rick is the savior who makes all the moves people like.

When things go bad, it's OBVIOUS that Kenny is still running the team. How about they're both working together and it's Jerry's win-now approach that causes this mess.

I see Hahn get credit for some of the contracts he has gotten done with our young pitching but I dont see a lot people running around giving him credit for other stuff. There really havent been many successes to brag about for Hahn since he has been the GM.

QUOTE (shipps @ Jun 9, 2016 -> 03:44 PM)
I see Hahn get credit for some of the contracts he has gotten done with our young pitching but I dont see a lot people running around giving him credit for other stuff. There really havent been many successes to brag about for Hahn since he has been the GM.

That's exactly it though. He has gotten praise at the time has made moves, but when they don't work out, people don't fault him for it. They instantly blame Kenny.

Edited by soxfan2014