Kansas City @ Chicago, 6/12, Gamethread

soxfan49

if you really cling to the extremely silly notion that the Sox are on their way out of town, what motivation would they have of being a good team? It would be all about the bottom line. They would be running their team like the Marlins, and having a fire sale.

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you look at this logically the conclusions are pretty obvious to me.

How many different players from how many different organizations have the Sox brought in over the past 10 years?

I think most of us would agree that a lot (maybe most?) of the players have not succeeded.

There's been two different managers during that time period and at least on paper two different G.M.'s

Yet it seems no matter what they try, no matter who they get it...doesn't...work.

There's something about the organization itself, something ingrained in it that basically spells failure.

That's the reality.

I think its time everyone realizes that until new ownership arrives or JR has a real change of heart and overhauls the front office on the baseball side that nothing substantially is going to change. They may have a good year now and again, but consistent winning simply isn't going to happen. They haven't even had back to back winning seasons now since 2003-2006.

Mark

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Jun 12, 2016 -> 04:24 PM)
Can we stop with the stupid relocating theories? It's utter f***ing nonsense. Baseball is looking to expand and has at least two franchises with legit cases to relocate. The Sox aren't going anywhere until their sweetheart lease deal ends in the very distant future and when it does they'll likely move to the suburbs or lakefront. They aren't leaving the Chicago metropolitan area.

I think attendance would improve if they moved to the suburbs but it wouldn't happen. Given the recent renovations to the park I doubt they'll leave the Cell and if Jerry passes, they'll probably just clean house (from KW on down) and change philosophy. I didn't say they were going to move, I just hope it never happens (unless it is to the suburbs).

What suburb do you think they would move to? Personally, I think it would be cool if there was a park built overseeing Lake Michigan. I always wondered why they didn't make US Cellular to face downtown. I think it would be close enough to give them some kind of decent looking background.

LOL at the patsies, the White Sox. Once again they are just what the doctor ordered for a lousy, struggling KC team. Ventura can't get anybody out and he shuts down our horrible lineup. So Sox are 2-7 vs. KC this year. What a joke. 2-7 against a lousy Royals team with a bunch of no names in the lineup and horrible starting pitchers who get healthy on the Sox.

Sox are one of the worst teams in baseball, that is now a fact.

QUOTE (pettie4sox @ Jun 12, 2016 -> 08:56 PM)
I thought by not watching the game today, I'd do the SOX a service. f*** it, while they suck dick time to get paid, betting hard against them every game now.

Me too.

I didn't watch one pitch thank goodness and only checked the score as I was driving to 5 p.m. Mass. Disgraceful baseball team.

QUOTE (flavum @ Jun 12, 2016 -> 07:24 PM)
Royals are just as dead as the Sox this year, just with injuries.

7-2 vs. Chicago.

QUOTE (SleepyWhiteSox @ Jun 12, 2016 -> 08:28 PM)
I went Friday. Great game.

That turned out to be one of the 60 you win every year just by showing up. Good thing Melky got a good read on the final out or we'd have been swept. Please fire Robin and the hitting coach both. Please???

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 12, 2016 -> 09:40 PM)
LOL at the patsies, the White Sox. Once again they are just what the doctor ordered for a lousy, struggling KC team. Ventura can't get anybody out and he shuts down our horrible lineup. So Sox are 2-7 vs. KC this year. What a joke. 2-7 against a lousy Royals team with a bunch of no names in the lineup and horrible starting pitchers who get healthy on the Sox.

Sox are one of the worst teams in baseball, that is now a fact.

It is a mental thing

For example you have Adam Eaton, who is on record of saying that the team was mentally defeated after last years opening series 4 game sweep to the Royals. He said they couldn't shake the feeling all year.

Adam Eaton's line against Detroit, KC, and Cleveland:

.177 AVG, .213 OBP, .302 Slugging

He is just an example, I love Eaton and no I am not saying we should replace him or whatever. He is an amazing hitter, just not against these 3 teams. Whatever mental bug these guys have against the Central (minus the Twins) needs to be figured out if we want to have a chance at making a run in this division.

QUOTE (reiks12 @ Jun 13, 2016 -> 05:53 AM)
It is a mental thing

For example you have Adam Eaton, who is on record of saying that the team was mentally defeated after last years opening series 4 game sweep to the Royals. He said they couldn't shake the feeling all year.

Adam Eaton's line against Detroit, KC, and Cleveland:

.177 AVG, .213 OBP, .302 Slugging

He is just an example, I love Eaton and no I am not saying we should replace him or whatever. He is an amazing hitter, just not against these 3 teams. Whatever mental bug these guys have against the Central (minus the Twins) needs to be figured out if we want to have a chance at making a run in this division.

For some reason the Sox are always a big picture team. Like Eaton said it was over after the first series last year. This year they gave up after the Texas choke. Game, set, match. Whether we go .500ish or completely in the tank, 20-30 under is anybody's guess but we ain't winning anything of note. The team has already decided that.