2016-17 NHL Thread

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

John Dietz

‏@johndietzdh

Free-agent winger Jimmy Vesey apparently told the #RedWings he wants to play closer to home. Not great news for the #Blackhawks

Mark Divver

‏@MarkDivver

Jimmy Vesey & his agents scheduled to meet with Chicago, Rangers, Bruins today, per source.

Hopefully this kid doesn't think the Sabres or Devils are better options than the Hawks because of location.

QUOTE (Tony @ Aug 19, 2016 -> 10:49 AM)
Again, all depends on expectation.

Vessey is valuable because of the contract he will sign, not so much about talent. Which is why the Hawks are doing everything in their power to sign him. That contract gives the Hawks a huge boost.

Absolutely. I just hope everyone keeps that in mind with their expectations for him. There's been very similar players who have gone this route and crashed and burned.

I really am not too hot on the Hawks this year. Vesey would've helped a lot, but I mean, outside of Toews/Kane/Panarin/Anisimov/Kruger/Hossa, you have 6 guys in Panik, Motte, Schmaltz, Desjardins, Hartman, and your other center (Tootoo or Rasmussen) who are either not going to produce much or are unknowns.

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Aug 19, 2016 -> 05:17 PM)
I really am not too hot on the Hawks this year. Vesey would've helped a lot, but I mean, outside of Toews/Kane/Panarin/Anisimov/Kruger/Hossa, you have 6 guys in Panik, Motte, Schmaltz, Desjardins, Hartman, and your other center (Tootoo or Rasmussen) who are either not going to produce much or are unknowns.

Vesey is just as much of an unknown as Motte and Schmaltz.

Barring a major injury, the Hawks are gonna make the playoffs. Question is will they find any more players to produce before then to make them a real contender. And will they avoid a super tough first round matchup unlike last year.

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Aug 19, 2016 -> 05:17 PM)

So outside of top end players we have role players.. Like every other contender

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Aug 19, 2016 -> 11:08 PM)
Vesey in his conference call said Hayes had a huge impact on his decision.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. f*** Kevin Hayes.

So the dude turned down Tavares and Kane to go play with Kevin Hayes. Uh, ok.