2016-17 NHL Thread

QUOTE (TheTruth05 @ Sep 21, 2016 -> 07:31 AM)
+1 to both these posts. USA got dominated yesterday, the tourney is decent but yesterday's game was dead and USA being eliminated is going to kill most of the little interest that was there anyway.

Good, I think this tournament is dumb as hell anyway. It's about as serious as preseason NFL games.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Sep 27, 2016 -> 04:49 PM)
Yep. Marchand just got 8 yrs for 6.1 mil. Do it and worry about the cap later. (Bye bye Kruger/Seabrook)

Once Trump wins the election, the rich will move to Canada, the Canadian economy and dollar will prosper, and the salary cap will skyrocket. Problem solved.

Happy Blackhawks Opening Night!!!

OK, maybe it's preseason. And maybe Toews, Kane, Hammer, Hossa, Crawford, Panarain, Keith, Seabrook, etc., aren't playing. But hey, hockey!

I've never gone to a preseason game, but figure if there is any better time to take a 3-year old to her first Hawks game, it's tonight.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Sep 28, 2016 -> 07:42 AM)
Happy Blackhawks Opening Night!!!

OK, maybe it's preseason. And maybe Toews, Kane, Hammer, Hossa, Crawford, Panarain, Keith, Seabrook, etc., aren't playing. But hey, hockey!

I've never gone to a preseason game, but figure if there is any better time to take a 3-year old to her first Hawks game, it's tonight.

How did the kid like going to the game?

QUOTE (shipps @ Sep 29, 2016 -> 09:55 AM)
How did the kid like going to the game?

She thought it was a lot of fun, being at the game we see on TV, and all the people wearing Blackhawks gear cheering together (not that there was much to cheer about last night). She doesn't get the sport yet, so after yelling about those pesky Penguins, she did get bored, which is why you bring snacks to keep her entertained for a while. Made it more than halfway though the 2nd period until she asked to get home, so not bad. We did a Sox game and Bears preseason game earlier this year, she likes the sporting events, just not for more than 90 minutes, ha.

The funniest part was she was very amused by the beer vendors. "Daddy, you like beer, you should buy one!" OK, so I do. Then it was like, "Daddy, where's your beer? You need to drink more of it, get another one!" I'm just looking around, like I hope nobody hears all of this.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Sep 29, 2016 -> 11:01 AM)
She thought it was a lot of fun, being at the game we see on TV, and all the people wearing Blackhawks gear cheering together (not that there was much to cheer about last night). She doesn't get the sport yet, so after yelling about those pesky Penguins, she did get bored, which is why you bring snacks to keep her entertained for a while. Made it more than halfway though the 2nd period until she asked to get home, so not bad. We did a Sox game and Bears preseason game earlier this year, she likes the sporting events, just not for more than 90 minutes, ha.

The funniest part was she was very amused by the beer vendors. "Daddy, you like beer, you should buy one!" OK, so I do. Then it was like, "Daddy, where's your beer? You need to drink more of it, get another one!" I'm just looking around, like I hope nobody hears all of this.

LOL your daughter is enabling you.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Oct 3, 2016 -> 04:55 PM)
Looks like Hjalmarsson will be suspended the rest of the preseason + 1 regular season game for a hit on Ty Rattie the other night.

While Shaw only got preseason games even with his suspension history. That's not very consistent IMO

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Oct 3, 2016 -> 05:01 PM)
While Shaw only got preseason games even with his suspension history. That's not very consistent IMO

That hit was dirty as hell. Honestly the whole end of that game was dirty. I really don't blame the league for that.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Oct 3, 2016 -> 05:06 PM)
That hit was dirty as hell. Honestly the whole end of that game was dirty. I really don't blame the league for that.

Kid has to learn to keep his head up. Shaw's hit was far worse.