DC Films

Boopa1219

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Jul 26, 2016 -> 09:14 AM)
I thought both of the new trailers from the convention looked good. Doesn't look like they are going to have Green Lantern in this movie, that is kind of a bummer.

Also, saw Batman: Killing Joke yesterday. Really good. I Love Mark Hamill doing the Jokers voice.

Um Green Latern turned into Deadpool. Duh

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Aug 2, 2016 -> 12:20 PM)
Seriously. They need to start over.

Again.

No, they don't.

I don't want DC being another Marvel. As of late, I've disliked every Marvel film that's come out. I like the darker tone of DC movies and I hope they stay the course.

These are the same critics that gave that piece of s*** Ghostbusters a near 80%. f*** Rotten Tomatoes.

QUOTE (Y2HH @ Aug 2, 2016 -> 01:23 PM)
No, they don't.

I don't want DC being another Marvel. As of late, I've disliked every Marvel film that's come out. I like the darker tone of DC movies and I hope they stay the course.

These are the same critics that gave that piece of s*** Ghostbusters a near 80%. f*** Rotten Tomatoes.

So you don't want DC being...successful?

The dark tone of Batman vs. Superman was dreadful. Wonder Woman and Justice League trailers looked like they'll have dark tones, but not so dark that you just get depressed watching it.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Aug 2, 2016 -> 12:25 PM)
So you don't want DC being...successful?

The dark tone of Batman vs. Superman was dreadful. Wonder Woman and Justice League trailers looked like they'll have dark tones, but not so dark that you just get depressed watching it.

It IS successful.

You and others can keep crowing that it's not, but it is.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Aug 2, 2016 -> 12:36 PM)
Not successful to the standards WB held it.

It's still disingenuous in either regard.

DCU printing money -- as in profits -- just not as much as their greedy asses wanted or estimated.

That's like saying Google (DCU in this instance) isn't successful because it doesn't make as much money as Apple (Marvel in this instance).

They're both very successful, one just more so.

QUOTE (Y2HH @ Aug 2, 2016 -> 04:10 PM)

DCU printing money -- as in profits -- just not as much as their greedy asses wanted or estimated.

That's like saying Google (DCU in this instance) isn't successful because it doesn't make as much money as Apple (Marvel in this instance).

A film with the trinity at the height of the super hero craze should have been knocking on the door of two billion.

There's a reason so much control is now out of Snyder's hands.

QUOTE (Y2HH @ Aug 2, 2016 -> 03:10 PM)

Microsoft would be better analogy. Microsoft putting out Windows XP over and over and over again.

QUOTE (Y2HH @ Aug 2, 2016 -> 10:23 AM)

It doesn't sound like you know how RT works. It's not an individual score provided by one critic. It's an aggregate of all reviews available for any given movie. A score of 80 means that 80% of all reviews have a favorable opinion of a movie.

QUOTE (Brian @ Aug 2, 2016 -> 06:43 PM)
LoL, it's a census of 100s of critics. Movies are subjective but it's a pretty good gauge.

LOL, condescending asshats, I know exactly what it it's supposed to be and how it works. And at one time, it WAS considered a good gauge, but it's really not anymore. Of course, you and others can use that magical creation called Google and research why, but of course you won't. You can always tell when the problems are arising when fan rankings begin to differ so drastically from "the experts" on movie and video game review sites. Critics used to be actual experts like Roger Ebert...they're now just people who post enough on the internet to be called a "Top Critic".

Here is how it's done:

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=what%27s+wrong+with+r...toes+reviews%3F

Here is a DC based film highlighting everything wrong with Rotten Tomatoes:

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/the_dark_knight_rises/

The Dark Knight Rises is arguably the WORST of the trilogy. It's a flat out bad film. Every time you watch it, it gets worse. Yet somehow, that abomination is rated as 87% favorable. That CANNOT happen on accident. There is NO way that many "critics" reviewed that movie THAT favorably outside of a hive mind mentality.

And that's just ONE example out of many. This horrendous Ghostbusters remake being another glaring example.

So, please, let's s***can the condescension as if you're in on some grand Internet secret about how Rotten Tomatoes works, and pretend like you and Sqwert are going to "school me" on it.

EDIT: Because I like to pile on, here's another great one:

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/indiana_jo..._crystal_skull/

77% for Crystal Skull. In a movie where Indiana Jones survives a nuclear blast because he locked himself in a refrigerator and the monkeys in that one scene had the same "hair style" as Shia LaBoof or however you spell his name. Because that's amazing cinema according to the "consensus" of RT.

Edited by Y2HH

QUOTE (Y2HH @ Aug 2, 2016 -> 06:47 PM)
LOL, condescending asshats, I know exactly what it it's supposed to be and how it works. And at one time, it WAS considered a good gauge, but it's really not anymore. Of course, you and others can use that magical creation called Google and research why, but of course you won't. You can always tell when the problems are arising when fan rankings begin to differ so drastically from "the experts" on movie and video game review sites. Critics used to be actual experts like Roger Ebert...they're now just people who post enough on the internet to be called a "Top Critic".

Look in the mirror. Enjoy your s***ty movie. But at least it's dark.

QUOTE (Brian @ Aug 2, 2016 -> 07:12 PM)
Look in the mirror. Enjoy your s***ty movie. But at least it's dark.

Yeah, you just got owned, now tuck tail and run, little boy.

Or, back up your RT amazingness and explain Crystal Skulls astoundingly high consensus rating...or The Dark Piece of s*** Rises, for that matter, because in your own words, "LoL, it's a census of 100s of critics."

Edited by Y2HH

QUOTE (Y2HH @ Aug 2, 2016 -> 07:16 PM)
Yeah, you just got owned, now tuck tail and run, little boy.

Or, back up your RT amazingness and explain Crystal Skulls astoundingly high consensus rating...or The Dark Piece of s*** Rises, for that matter.

If you want to keep calling me names, I'll join the fun. Of course you pick like 2 movies out of millions that have been made. There are exceptions to every rule. I haven't seen Ghostbusters remake and hated Crystal Skull as well. So you're not schooling anyone.

You argue like a child at recess. No clue why I'm wasting my time.

QUOTE (Brian @ Aug 2, 2016 -> 07:21 PM)
If you want to keep calling me names, I'll join the fun. Of course you pick like 2 movies out of millions that have been made. There are exceptions to every rule. I haven't seen Ghostbusters remake and hated Crystal Skull as well. So you're not schooling anyone.

You argue like a child at recess. No clue why I'm wasting my time.

Here are more exceptions, for your reading pleasure.

Justin Bieber: Never Say Never: CERTIFIED FRESH @64%.

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/justin_bie...ever_say_never/

You know what, I'll just leave this here.

http://elitedaily.com/entertainment/batman...perman/1435885/

All of those movies had a higher rating that Batman v Superman. And I'm not saying everyone has to love Batman v Superman -- I personally liked it, especially the directors cut -- but seriously...this list of movies were nowhere near as entertaining as BvS, even if you absolutely hated it because it was too dark or scattered, it was STILL better than f***ing Tobey McGuire's "Emo Spider-Man 3", which was also "certified fresh" at 63%.