2016-2017 NBA Thread

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 1, 2016 -> 01:12 PM)
FWIW, whoever said that when FA started we'd be looking at Lopez's deal a lot more positively, you were completely right and I apologize for doubting you.

Hell Phil Jackson looks good for signing that deal last off-season.

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FWIW, whoever said that when FA started we'd be looking at Lopez's deal a lot more positively, you were completely right and I apologize for doubting you.

I don't know what I expected when the Cap exploded, but about two weeks ago it became reasonably clear that the NBA would become crazy town.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Jun 28, 2016 -> 08:43 AM)
I think we'll see short deals for guys like Brandon Jennings and Evan Turner. Allows them to semi-compete in the East and possibly deal those guys in season if they wanted to.

Evan Turner 4/75 million from Portland

Apology accepted. The deals are insane though. Evan turner for 75 mil? Bwhahaha.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 1, 2016 -> 11:12 AM)

Well, I was one of those people, so I'll take a bow. :)

Given how many of these role players are taking long term, big money deals (and you can't blame them), I'd have to think there are contenders out there who might look at Taj and the 1 year commitment at a reasonable deal as being a pretty good option right now.

Dunleavy, who two weeks ago, had a contract that I think people would have said they don't like (especially due to the longer term nature of the deal), now looks like a guy, that if he can show some bounce back early on next year, you might be talking about a guy who is a nice fit longer term (given where the cap has gone) or again, could be a piece a team would look to add (and be able to add given his low cap figure).

Do you all realize how valuable Jimmy Buckets looks right now. On a per year basis, he is making 250K more than Evan freaking Turner. ROFL.

NBA is going to have a lockout, I can't see the league being able to support these type of contract. Conley is signing a 5yr $153M deal. $30.6M/yr for Mike Conley (who I liked and who I wanted the Bulls to get). But Mike freaking Conley making $30M/yr. That is insane.

So I don't think he will go there but if Durant goes to Golden State I want to go on record that that would be the biggest b**** move by a superstar in NBA history. Way worse than LeBron going to Miami. You are a top 5 player on a team capable of winning a title so if you go to play for a team that beat you where you are arguably the #2 guy every title he wins is meaningless.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Jul 1, 2016 -> 04:04 PM)
So I don't think he will go there but if Durant goes to Golden State I want to go on record that that would be the biggest b**** move by a superstar in NBA history. Way worse than LeBron going to Miami. You are a top 5 player on a team capable of winning a title so if you go to play for a team that beat you where you are arguably the #2 guy every title he wins is meaningless.

Your hatred for anything related to the Warriors is almost comical at this point.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jul 1, 2016 -> 06:08 PM)
Your hatred for anything related to the Warriors is almost comical at this point.

Um, that post has nothing to do with my hate of Draymond Green (who really is the guy I can't stand on that team). A true superstar who is already on a team capable of winning a title who leaves in his prime to join the team that's already the best in the league just isn't a guy I'm ever going to give credit to if he then wins titles with a team that could have won then without him.