White Sox @ Mariners 9:10PM CSN

Kyyle23

1) It's a long season, there's a lot of baseball left to play

2) Anyone that wants to give up on a .500 baseball team a few games out of the WC is foolish

3) That's baseball. you win some, you lose some

4) Go get em tomorrow, we can still win the series

5) The 2016 Sox are an improvement over the 2015 Sox, so we're moving in the right direction

You get the idea...

There's a few more I may have missed. someone? anyone?

Edited by captain54

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (captain54 @ Jul 18, 2016 -> 10:45 PM)
1) It's a long season, there's a lot of baseball left to play

2) Anyone that wants to give up on a .500 baseball team a few games out of the WC is foolish

3) That's baseball. you win some, you lose some

4) Go get em tomorrow, we can still win the series

There's a few more I may have missed. someone? anyone?

5) Use your eyes and it's easy to see this team is s***.

how long before ya'll find something else to do besides watch a s***ty baseball team?

seriously, i'm trying to help you guys. lol

there's no point in watching a team that's bad, and puts you in a terrible mood for the next 24 hours.

QUOTE (Real @ Jul 18, 2016 -> 11:18 PM)
how long before ya'll find something else to do besides watch a s***ty baseball team?

there's no point in watching a team that's bad, and puts you in a terrible mood for the next 24 hours.

I stopped watching much of the past week... And hoenstly, it's been the most productive week all year.

QUOTE (Real @ Jul 19, 2016 -> 01:18 AM)

I had stuff to do..Didnt watch... I was on the road and listened in the car, then checked the score periodically on the phone.. when I got home I watched the bottom of the 9th, figured it was a W.. F### me

QUOTE (Real @ Jul 19, 2016 -> 12:18 AM)

I just follow along here. I like this forum. I'm also follow the young prospects like Anderson and Fulmer. That's all. Killing time before Chiefs season basically.

Adam Lind = The new Jason Giambi

On another note, why take out Sale at 100 pitches when he's throwing a 1 hitter? At least let him start the inning and see if he can get a few quick outs. He deserves the CG 1 hitter.

Edited by soxforlife05

QUOTE (soxforlife05 @ Jul 19, 2016 -> 03:27 AM)
Adam Lind = The new Jason Giambi

On another note, why take out Sale at 100 pitches when he's throwing a 1 hitter? At least let him start the inning and see if he can get a few quick outs. He deserves the CG 1 hitter.

The last guy that shutout the Sox was around 110+.

This one's on Robin. Way too many games lost by the bullpen.

QUOTE (hi8is @ Jul 18, 2016 -> 11:32 PM)
This team is just awful. In the past three games - you've had two games, TWO - where the starters went 16 innings giving up a COMBINED 3 hits, ZERO runs.... And NO WINS TO SHOW FOR IT?????

Absolutely INEXCUSABLE.

Fire Robin. Can KW. Sell anyone not named Anderson, Fulmer, Eaton, and

Or keep Sale / Q / Shields / Fulmer / Rodon / Abreu / Eaton / Anderson in tact and build to compete in 2018. Still fire Robin and KW. 2017 is a wash no matter what they do.

We're s*** up a creek and it's because they've been trying to compete and "retool" since 2013. It doesn't f***ing work. Sell the farm and hope to compete around 2020... Or spend like crazy and try to compete in 2018. Both directions involve a lot of pain but it's been 4 years of poor in between choices that put us here.

f***ing disgusted.

I'd say keep Sale and Q around for now just because I don't want this front office trading them. I'd trade one this offseason and one at the trade deadline next year with a new front office in place. Let them trade Melky, Frazier, Robertson, Duke, Jones, Shields (if you can get something better than what we gave up), etc. for now.

Edited by soxforlife05

QUOTE (kitekrazy @ Jul 19, 2016 -> 03:15 AM)
The last guy that shutout the Sox was around 110+.

This one's on Robin. Way too many games lost by the bullpen.

Why acquire an "elite" closer for a Top 3 salary in that category if you can't even trust him to close out a 3-0 lead against non-elite Mariners hitters in a pitcher's park?