Chicago vs. KC 9/16/2016

Insp

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (StrykerSox @ Sep 17, 2016 -> 03:09 AM)
Tyler has a .672 career OPS. If it wasn't for his last 17 games, he'd be right above that mark this year too. The dude is f***ing garbage, but hey, let's start him over Brett Lawrie next year. It's cool- we're getting used to the cellar.

He's not garbage. That's unfair. He'll probably get a key hit before this game is over.

QUOTE (StrykerSox @ Sep 16, 2016 -> 08:09 PM)
Tyler has a .672 career OPS. If it wasn't for his last 17 games, he'd be right above that mark this year too. The dude is f***ing garbage, but hey, let's start him over Brett Lawrie next year. It's cool- we're getting used to the cellar.

That's a bit of an overreaction. He's a utility guy.

QUOTE (ChiSoxFanMike @ Sep 16, 2016 -> 07:10 PM)
The game would've been entirely different had Saladino made a good throw and gotten out of the inning.

No. We need to spend September trying out our garbage heap of useless middle infielders who were awesome White Sox prospects but never would have been noticed in a decent farm system. Like Carlos Sanchez here.

QUOTE (StrykerSox @ Sep 17, 2016 -> 02:13 AM)
No. We need to spend September trying out our garbage heap of useless middle infielders who were awesome White Sox prospects but never would have been noticed in a decent farm system. Like Carlos Sanchez here.

Who else should play SS? Anderson has hit the wall and needed a breather.

QUOTE (StrykerSox @ Sep 16, 2016 -> 09:09 PM)

Like I said...

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 17, 2016 -> 03:17 AM)
Tyler Saladino is 3-for-4. He's a very very very exciting baseball player. GET RID OF LAWRIE. Play Tyler. Free Tyler!

Has this year taught you anything about the importance of depth? Keep both, let Saladino be a utility player and try to have the best roster possible.

QUOTE (kitekrazy @ Sep 16, 2016 -> 07:12 PM)
That's a bit of an overreaction. He's a utility guy.

Meh. I want to get rid of s***ty players so that our team can win. I don't like that we accept mediocrities like Tyler. I get that we have other holes to fill, but that doesn't mean we should approve of junk. And we definitely shouldn't let him start every day.

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 16, 2016 -> 08:18 PM)
Has this year taught you anything about the importance of depth? Keep both, let Saladino be a utility player and try to have the best roster possible.

He wouldn't be a true Sox fan without having a knee jerk reaction.

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 17, 2016 -> 03:18 AM)

I think Tyler is a starter.

QUOTE (StrykerSox @ Sep 17, 2016 -> 03:20 AM)
Meh. I want to get rid of s***ty players so that our team can win. I don't like that we accept mediocrities like Tyler. I get that we have other holes to fill, but that doesn't mean we should approve of junk. And we definitely shouldn't let him start every day.

He's not a s***ty player. He's 3-for-4 tonight for gawd sakes and hitting about .290. He has pop in his bat.

People thought Semien sucked too. The man has 25 home runs!!!! Can you say fire Hahn for trading Semien!!

QUOTE (StrykerSox @ Sep 16, 2016 -> 08:20 PM)

I'd rather get rid of the people responsible for the s***ty players. That wont happen anytime soon. I'm sure we could score more of them by trading away Sale or Q. People think we have quality scouting, development and luck like the Cubs.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 16, 2016 -> 07:22 PM)
I think Tyler is a starter.

He's not a s***ty player. He's 3-for-4 tonight for gawd sakes and hitting about .290. He has pop in his bat.

People thought Semien sucked too. The man has 25 home runs!!!! Can you say fire Hahn for trading Semien!!

Semien doesn't even get on base 30% of the time. That's what we need!

Saladino's OPS was .674 until he had this good 18 game stretch. It's a fluke, just like he had at the beginning of his career.

QUOTE (kitekrazy @ Sep 16, 2016 -> 07:24 PM)
I'd rather get rid of the people responsible for the s***ty players. That wont happen anytime soon. I'm sure we could score more of them by trading away Sale or Q. People think we have quality scouting, development and luck like the Cubs.

And if we can't fire Hahn and KW, which you suggest we won't, do you want us to just sit on our hands?

The only thing surprising here is that the blown save can't come from the White Sox.

If the Royals avoid Soria, it's possible they avoid the same outcome, just maybe. Abreu should have tried to work Herrera a bit more because they're asking him to go multiple innings, but swung at the first pitch.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (StrykerSox @ Sep 16, 2016 -> 08:28 PM)
And if we can't fire Hahn and KW, which you suggest we won't, do you want us to just sit on our hands?

Kind of amusing now that we're suddenly touting Semien and Saladino as player development success stories.

In typical Sox fashion, Lawrie will make $5-6 million next year in arbitration, get hurt, negating a negligible trade return...and Saladino will end up with a 675 ops at 2b and they still won't have the position covered for 2018.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (StrykerSox @ Sep 17, 2016 -> 03:25 AM)
Semien doesn't even get on base 30% of the time. That's what we need!

Saladino's OPS was .674 until he had this good 18 game stretch. It's a fluke, just like he had at the beginning of his career.

Semien is 25 years old and has 25 home runs. He's got potential.