**President Trump 2018 Thread**

Brian

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/trump-is-no-longer-the-worst-person-in-government/2018/05/09/10e59eba-52f1-11e8-a551-5b648abe29ef_story.html?noredirect=on

Because his is the authentic voice of today’s lickspittle Republican Party, he clarifies this year’s elections: Vote Republican to ratify groveling as governing.

It is said that one cannot blame people who applaud Arpaio and support his rehabilitators (Trump, Pence, et al.), because, well, globalization or health-care costs or something. Actually, one must either blame them or condescend to them as lacking moral agency. Republicans silent about Pence have no such excuse.

It will be interesting to see how the next 2 elections go.

Edited by Soxbadger

What America is this?

Feel like my binge watching of the current season/s of Homeland and The Handmaid's Tale is bleeding over into real life...or reality is reflected right back at us by the dystopian vision of today's television shows?

Edited by caulfield12

4 hours ago, StrangeSox said:

Turns out its not the brightest of crowds.  I saw some of the interviews, old ass hillbillies.  The float they made is fucking priceless.

We have to remember that this is part of america.  I see it all the time in Michigan.  Every person has a voice no matter how different or even sometimes hateful they can be.  

1 hour ago, Dick Allen said:

What is interesting to me is how Indiana totally forgot how Trump fucked Gary.

Elkhart 🚫 Gary

Elkhart County is probably the reddest northern Indiana county there is.

15 hours ago, RockRaines said:

They've been lining up since before 2pm central.  Sooooooo

We got a notice that some of the vendors for our company shut down two hours early yesterday to accommodate their employees.

16 minutes ago, knightni said:

Elkhart 🚫 Gary

Elkhart County is probably the reddest northern Indiana county there is.

I get that, but still, his BS is less than 90 miles away. You would think they would be on to it. There are plenty of republicans that know Donald Trump is full of it. 

It was basically Make Gary Great Again. Everyone lost but him. Full of lies and unfulfilled promises and boasts.    And to this day, he calls it a great deal.

Edited by Dick Allen

2 hours ago, Dick Allen said:

What is interesting to me is how Indiana totally forgot how Trump fucked Gary.

Nice try. But I think democratic ONLY mayors going back to 1943 fucked Gary. 

Dems are done. Black communities are waking up to that blue plague.  Thank God for people like Candace Owens. I’d say Trump getting anywhere over 20% of the black vote will destroy the Democratic Party. It is about to get ugly. 

51 minutes ago, knightni said:

Trump and his followers compare to the story of The Emperor's New Clothes.

No one wants to be the one to admit that there is something wrong, because it reflects badly upon them for supporting him.

What’s wrong? World peace with North Korea? Releasing hostages without paying 1.8 billion dollars? A president who is actually earning the noble peace prize that were not based off campaign promises? Lowest unemployment in 18 years? Lowest black unemployment in history? The stock market past 20,0000 pts? 

Oh something is definitely wrong alright. And it’s not the President.

1 hour ago, knightni said:

Trump and his followers compare to the story of The Emperor's New Clothes.

No one wants to be the one to admit that there is something wrong, because it reflects badly upon them for supporting him.

Truly.  Its an interesting group of people, and I really enjoy the interviews at these campaign rallies

54 minutes ago, raBBit said:

There's been no mention of Candace Owens around here for obvious reasons but she's really something. Articulate, controlled and more important than anything, fearless. I am sure she's alt right or some other snarl word to blow off her opinions without critically analyzing them but I will be following her career. 

Before this thread Id never have even heard of her. What do you like about her positions? I tried to look into her, but all I can really find is stuff like "Why not try being a Republican?" I saw she is pro-life, anti-planned parenthood and had some other personal opinions about things like police brutality, but I cant really find anything else about her positions. The best I could find is that when she was younger she had a personal situation that involved a Democratic Governor's son and a settlement due to it.

So I guess the better question is, what do you like about her policy positions?

Edited by Soxbadger

2 hours ago, Whitesoxin2019 said:

What’s wrong? World peace with North Korea? Releasing hostages without paying 1.8 billion dollars? A president who is actually earning the noble peace prize that were not based off campaign promises? Lowest unemployment in 18 years? Lowest black unemployment in history? The stock market past 20,0000 pts? 

Oh something is definitely wrong alright. And it’s not the President.

Bad assumption.  Nothing has ever gotten done with North Korea without bribes, and this case will be no different.  The package might not have gotten out to the public as of today, but I promise you it happened.

2 hours ago, Whitesoxin2019 said:

Nice try. But I think democratic ONLY mayors going back to 1943 fucked Gary. 

Dems are done. Black communities are waking up to that blue plague.  Thank God for people like Candace Owens. I’d say Trump getting anywhere over 20% of the black vote will destroy the Democratic Party. It is about to get ugly. 

The collapse of steel because of foreign competition is what fucked Gary.

5 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Bad assumption.  Nothing has ever gotten done with North Korea without bribes, and this case will be no different.  The package might not have gotten out to the public as of today, but I promise you it happened.

I dont think it was a money bribe. I read somewhere that China thinks NK screwed up its test facility during the last round of nuke tests, so now they cant test anymore. Basically Kim is negotiating his staying in power, getting aid because they simply cant do anymore tests.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/north-koreas-underground-nuclear-test-facility-is-damaged-experts-say-1524643948

https://www.wsj.com/articles/damage-to-north-koreas-nuclear-test-site-worse-than-previously-thought-1525975203

http://www.scmp.com/news/china/diplomacy-defence/article/2143171/north-koreas-nuclear-test-site-has-collapsed-and-may-be-why-kim-jong-un

The collapse after five nuclear blasts may be why North Korean leader Kim Jong-un declared on Friday that he would freeze the hermit state’s nuclear and missile tests and shut down the site, one researcher said. 

The WSJ articles are behind a pay wall. The other one says similar thing, but just not a reliable source that Ive heard of.

Edited by Soxbadger

2 minutes ago, Soxbadger said:

I dont think it was a money bribe. I read somewhere that China thinks NK screwed up its test facility during the last round of nuke tests, so now they cant test anymore. Basically Kim is negotiating his staying in power, getting aid because they simply cant do anymore tests.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/north-koreas-underground-nuclear-test-facility-is-damaged-experts-say-1524643948

https://www.wsj.com/articles/damage-to-north-koreas-nuclear-test-site-worse-than-previously-thought-1525975203

http://www.scmp.com/news/china/diplomacy-defence/article/2143171/north-koreas-nuclear-test-site-has-collapsed-and-may-be-why-kim-jong-un

I have no doubt the collapse of the testing facility is a part of it.  But there is still no doubt in my mind that NK is getting something out of this.