southsider2k5

Official 2018-2019 NHL thread

Carpenter and Kampf both at 1 mil per.. not bad at all Stan. 

Great deal. Shocking a Vezina finalist only agreed to a one year deal. 

Damn, I am excited about the Hawks right now.  This off season has been great.  Trade out Anisomov and maybe another piece on D and regain that cap space.

3 hours ago, soxfan49 said:

I'd be more excited about Lehner except now I have to cheer for another jackass

I couldn't get into sports if I started caring about the people themselves instead of the player. Bobby Hull the player is an all time great. Bobby Hull the person is an all time asshole. There  are two separate boxes in my head so that both of those things are accurate. 

6 hours ago, soxfan49 said:

I'd be more excited about Lehner except now I have to cheer for another jackass

Please elaborate....

27 minutes ago, Tony said:

Please elaborate....

It's a political thing which I won't drown this thread with. He has made some comments which have led a lot to believe that he's a white supremacist.

BTW, great to have you back.

4 hours ago, soxfan49 said:

It's a political thing which I won't drown this thread with. He has made some comments which have led a lot to believe that he's a white supremacist.

Huh, haven’t seen that at all. I’ll look it up. 👍

7 hours ago, soxfan49 said:

Which is exactly why I made the Hull comparison. Hull did some things above and beyond being a Nazi sympathizer to make him a first class asshole. But yes, that is where I was going. 

Don't get this one.....

I don't get that move at all. Jokiharju had some good moments and now he's being dealt for essentially nothing. Two years ago I had high hopes for HJ.

I'm in a bind with this one. I actually like Alex Nylander alot and think he'll have a Strome like resurgence but I really, really like Jokiharju and the intangibles he brings. I don't get this one. Well... I get it but... damn.

Edited by SoxAce

Zawaski is pretty connected with the org so this definitely has legs.

Edited by SoxAce

Surprised by this move, I though this kid was highly regarded by the Hawks and its not like Q was still the head coach. His history with rookies was pretty well known. 

I thought they could have received more, but Nylander has crazy upside and they have at least 5 D with similar or better upside than Jokiharju. I'm going to let this play out before tearing Stan a new asshole for this one. Kneejerk reaction was ew though. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

The masses hate this deal. It does look pretty bad considering how high some are on Jokiharju and low some are on Nylander. This'll be a wait and see trade. Hawks better be right in their evaluation of Nylander and self scouting of Joki.

37 minutes ago, ChiliIrishHammock24 said:

How does the money come out in this deal? Aren't the Hawks taking on more money after this swap?

Eh.. Hawks actually saved like 62K from the deal. So if you wanna call it saving...

On 7/9/2019 at 7:41 PM, Jack Parkman said:

I thought they could have received more, but Nylander has crazy upside and they have at least 5 D with similar or better upside than Jokiharju. I'm going to let this play out before tearing Stan a new asshole for this one. Kneejerk reaction was ew though. 

Who?

4 minutes ago, soxfan49 said:

Who?

The Hawks. 

Boqvist is the hockey defenseman version of Moncada as a prospect. 

Vlasic has top paring potential due to his size/skating/shot combo

Mitchell and Beaudin are at least as good of a prospect as Jokiharju, but are farther away. Both have more upside IMO. 

You could argue Krys is as good as well. 

There. 5 guys. Everyone is overrating being NHL ready. I don't mind that they traded Jokiharju, but I thought it would have been more prudent to leave a spot open for him by, say, not trading for Maatta, and establishing his NHL value first. This was poor asset management, and I won't deny that. 

Edited by Jack Parkman