Sox @ Mariners 3:10 PM CT, WGN

Jose Abreu

1 minute ago, Chicago White Sox said:

He had two rough innings, but the stuff looked great and he was getting a ton of swinging strikes.

and one of those rough innings is because he came out of the gate with nothing on his pitches and the other was because they rode him too long. Seems like he's given up quite a lot of first inning runs.

3 minutes ago, fathom said:

and one of those rough innings is because he came out of the gate with nothing on his pitches and the other was because they rode him too long. Seems like he's given up quite a lot of first inning runs.

It does seem like he’s a lot of first inning struggles, I can’t deny that.

4 minutes ago, fathom said:

He figures since his buddy Giolito is doing it....

• Like 1

1 minute ago, fathom said:

Yoan really needs to get out of the habit of taking first pitch fastballs down the plate.  Not sure why he's doing it so much again, but Seattle is just pumping first pitch fastball down the plate.

Honestly that's a Boston thing. I think damn near every player coming up takes the first pitch. They preach working the count in that system.

15 minutes ago, fathom said:

The one thing Sox can't have it Lopez and Giolito have awful second halves and have both be question marks going into next season.  

I know watching them this season can be and is frustrating but I think it’s just part of their development. Look at Covey this year versus last. They will both be starters next season Funny Cop Meme Any Drugs Or Alcohol Picture year.

Edited by elrockinMT

2 minutes ago, ttommarello823 said:

Another pitch in the strike zone called a ball.  Span should be on the bench with a K looking, instead he ends up walking.

This  seems to be the norm lately. Poor umpiring 

• Haha 1