My opinion: Sox need to make another megadeal

Another Sox Megadeal poll....  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Is it in the best interest of the Sox to make 1-2 more mega deals (Eaton/Q/Sale)?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. If you were the GM, would you make such a deal?

• Yes and only if I get a haul that I felt was dollar-for-dollar as good or greater than the Eaton, Sale, or Q deals.
    • Yes regardless
    • No
  3. 3. If you would, who would you rather sell for a massive haul?

• Giolito
    • Anderson
    • Moncada
    • Eloy

The Sox aren't going to trade any of those guys.  And they shouldn't.  They should maximize what they can get for Colome, Abreu, Leury and maybe McCann.

The one player who could bring a blockbuster, and it needs some simmering, is Bummer.  Repeat this year with more strikeouts and we have ourselves a Brad Hand, who brought a top 20 prospect (or was it top 10?).   Yes they could trade him now and get a meh prospect.  Yes they could sit and get nothing.  But if he repeats the WHIP and ups the Ks, and the Sox have something. Brad hand had zero prospect pedigree.  He was cut by the Marlins and after a season and a half with San Diego, he was the next greatest thing.

Not sure why smart Sox fans think there's even a small chance we'd trade Bummer. Only way would be if Coop tells Hahn he's a bust waiting to happen. Otherwise, it'd be like trading one of our young, controllable lineup guys. Sox are one thing, cheap, and it "looks like" this guy could contribute for a while while making pennies.

On 7/22/2019 at 3:43 PM, The Ultimate Champion said:

So I would like to see the Sox try to make 2 megadeals:

(1) Giolito + 1 or both of  Colome + Bummer to the Braves **only***.

I would try to get Pache, Anderson, and 3 more players which would be 2 SPs and an OF like Waters, or 3 SPs.

I am not interested in doing this trade with another team, unless the Rays want to get kinda crazy.  That said, the Braves are led by AA who was the guy that made a whole pile of huge moves in Toronto, and just seems to love this kind of deal.

(2) Anderson to LAD or MIL for a haul.  I am not sure if there are other fits, but I am a little bit tired of watching Anderson's act and I definitely believe he could be replaced in a way that only makes the team better. 

I wouldn't trade him for scraps, but from the Dodgers, Anderson for Lux + Ruiz + May is a nice deal.  I think TA's general bullshit fits well in LA with the rest of the general bullshit they do out there.  Oh and May would have to shave that ugly mop here which is great.  

From the BrewCrew, I bet they would give up Turang and pitching.  Ashby as a 3rd piece sounds interesting to me.

Tired of Anderson's act?  What team are you rooting for?

Also, the Dodgers don't need him.  Their position players are stacked.

Lol at trading Moncada and Giolito. Some Sox fans have lost their minds.

Love OP who is "tired" of the leader of the teams act. Truly amazing the amount of hot takes going on in here. OP may just be trolling. Jack saying he'd consider trading Gio and Yoan is pretty hilarious.

Edited by Look at Ray Ray Run

On 7/23/2019 at 5:58 PM, greg775 said:

Man I never thought Soxtalk users would be discussing trading the guys we already traded for. Truly a cycle that can never be broken I guess. Fans love the mysterious so much that at least one would trade Gio and Moncada.

Greg it's amazing. We want to trade the guys we acquired to start the rebuild when the rebuild hasnt even finished.

We've got another guy trading cease for a position player when pitching depth is badly needed.

Pretty soon kopech will be thrown out there too and we can just trade every young controllable asset we got and just continually rebuild and never actually try to win. We'll have great prospect rankings though! 

29 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Greg it's amazing. We want to trade the guys we acquired to start the rebuild when the rebuild hasnt even finished.

We've got another guy trading cease for a position player when pitching depth is badly needed.

Pretty soon kopech will be thrown out there too and we can just trade every young controllable asset we got and just continually rebuild and never actually try to win. We'll have great prospect rankings though! 

The A’s and Rays are much better at this anyway...

Edited by caulfield12

4 hours ago, longshot7 said:

Tired of Anderson's act?  What team are you rooting for?

2 hours ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Love OP who is "tired" of the leader of the teams act. Truly amazing the amount of hot takes going on in here. OP may just be trolling.

The same guy said he wants to trade for Addison Russell in another thread so I think (hope) it's just a troll job 

8 hours ago, greg775 said:

Not sure why smart Sox fans think there's even a small chance we'd trade Bummer. Only way would be if Coop tells Hahn he's a bust waiting to happen. Otherwise, it'd be like trading one of our young, controllable lineup guys. Sox are one thing, cheap, and it "looks like" this guy could contribute for a while while making pennies.

Every player is tradable for the right get-back.  Bummer will only be traded for a drastic overpay IMO.

• Like 1