Favorite "Bounce Back"/Savvy Pitcher FA Candidates

bmags

4 minutes ago, steveno89 said:

I wouldn’t feel great about giving Ray anywhere near 135-150 million long term. He’s a solid #4 on a good team. 3/60 if I had to guess?

He's the obvious candidate to explode in value like Wheeler did this past year.

Maybe I was a bit over the top having him already at over $100...but Zack started out in the $60's and 70's in most valuation systems 2-3 months ago and climbed all the way into the $120's (supposedly).

5 hours ago, Harold's Leg Lift said:

I like Wade Miley.  He was really good for four months last year then got his brains beatin in because he was tipping his pitches.  He'd be a real nice get on a 2 yr deal.  

Yup, wanted him and Hamels, but Miley would be nice

Lefty coming off a 14 win/3.98 ERA season...eats innings and can be moved to long relief in the fortunate event the rotation gets too crowded

2 years less than $10M should get this done

3 minutes ago, ChiSoxJon said:

So weird I'm more interested in these guys than MadBum for $100M or Zach Fing Wheeler for $120M...absolutely gross

Yes, it is weird.  Especially since this is the kind of dumpster diving that Hahn has typically done over the years...  and it hasn’t worked.

1 minute ago, Moan4Yoan said:

Yes, it is weird.  Especially since this is the kind of dumpster diving that Hahn has typically done over the years...  and it hasn’t worked.

I do think there is a difference in trading a 12 year old for Ivan Nova or adding 2019 Ervin Santana and signing a competent vet for good value in Wade Miley

5 hours ago, fathom said:

I believe they’re going to spend a decent amount on the 2nd pitcher. Report out today that they were very aggressive in trying to get Lyles, but they came up short.

That’s interesting, I would have liked Lyles and I like that the Rangers targeted him.

Between their targeting of Wheeler, report of not signing Ozuna, and this I’m actually getting some confidence in their decision making again (though the best moves are the ones they took themselves out of but that’s the owner)