FS: Mock Draft 3.0

Y2Jimmy0

10 minutes ago, Y2Jimmy0 said:

Here's my final attempt. It's destined to be wrong with lots of info coming out today. The White Sox pick seems more realistic than ever though. 

https://www.futuresox.com/2020/06/09/mlb-mock-draft-3-0/

DAMN! Fulton is good enough to get drafted twice?! 

Kidding... also, based on your mocks, who are some of the top players left?

17 minutes ago, 35thstreetswarm said:

I've probably just missed it as I haven't followed that closely, but given Torkelson seems a lock to go 1/1, has there been as much agonizing this year about how short-ish RH first basemen should never be 1/1 picks?  Maybe Vaughn blazed a trail by going as high as he did.

Good point. That was a criticism last year and it's not like Vaughn has been able to show too much with his short MILB play last year.

23 hours ago, 35thstreetswarm said:

I've probably just missed it as I haven't followed that closely, but given Torkelson seems a lock to go 1/1, has there been as much agonizing this year about how short-ish RH first basemen should never be 1/1 picks?  Maybe Vaughn blazed a trail by going as high as he did.

Some believe Torkelson can hold it down in LF; that's really the difference between the two. Vaughn is a better hitter; don't care what anyone says. Keith Law said Vaughn was a MUCH better hitter; I'm not sure I'll say that, but Vaughn is better.

1 hour ago, 35thstreetswarm said:

Vaughn 2018: .402/.531/.819, 23 HR, 44 BB, 18 SO
Torkelson 2018: .320/.440/.743, 25 HR, 38 BB, 44 SO

Vaughn 2019: .381/.544/.716, 15 HR, 59 BB, 33 SO
Torkelson 2019: .351/.446/.707, 23 HR, 41 BB, 45 SO

Torkelson 2020: .340/.598/.780, 6 HR, 31 BB, 15 SO

The only thing Torkelson has better tool wise is raw power.

5 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

The only thing Torkelson has better tool wise is raw power.

I know - it's odd he seems so uncontroversial as 1/1.  I guess the potential for outfield must be it, along with a perception that it's important to take the safety of a known quantity like Torkelson in a year with such unprecedented limitations on available player data (and maybe a weaker draft pool).

Edited by 35thstreetswarm

Just now, 35thstreetswarm said:

I know - it's odd he seems so uncontroversial as 1/1.  I can only attribute it to a perception that it's important to take the safety of a known quantity like Torkelson in a year with such unprecedented limitations on available player data (along with what may be a weaker draft pool).

It's a weird year, as you said, and there weren't a lot of reps to go off of. 

I'm all in for Howard but 0% chance the Sox draft him, and they'll miss out on a kid who becomes a star right under their own noses.

1 hour ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

It's a weird year, as you said, and there weren't a lot of reps to go off of. 

I'm all in for Howard but 0% chance the Sox draft him, and they'll miss out on a kid who becomes a star right under their own noses.

Mount Carmel has had some tremendous talent coming out the last few years with Howard and Thomas before him.  That's great to see!!