SuperSteve

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ROTFLMAO!!

Let it out Steve. Don't hold back. Tell us how you really feel..  :lol:

Seriously. That deal would suck for us. Why the hell does he even mention it? Lose a 40-100 guy last year for a minor league pitcher who makes alot of money. Let's just f*** over the White Sox, huh? I think not.

Say what you will about Gammons but any trade rumour that lands Frank in LA may have some basis. We've heard a few times that Frank wouldn't mind LA and getting him there probably wouldn't be an easy trade so some three way, 8 player + cash thing might be the way it goes down.

This doesn't make sense with Daubach being released. I figured that was a clear sign that Frank was here for 2004.

Say what you will about Gammons but any trade rumour that lands Frank in LA may have some basis. We've heard a few times that Frank wouldn't mind LA and getting him there probably wouldn't be an easy trade so some three way, 8 player + cash thing might be the way it goes down.

This doesn't make sense with Daubach being released. I figured that was a clear sign that Frank was here for 2004.

It was more about us getting Weaver, and well, we all know Weaver sucks and is a prick. Moving Frank would help us alot, but I don't want Weaver.

Thats terrible.  How about Thomas to NY......Brown to CWS...and Weaver to LA.

The sox would never have the balls to add brown 2 reasons he is owed 30 million dollars over the next two season , and number two he has been to injury prone for the sox liken. That being said I would love to have brown here he is a great pitcher and would make us a hell of alot better. One way I see this trade going through would be if the dodgers or yankees were to eat some of his salary. For the yanks to eat his salary they might as well take him for themselves dont you think??

Its probably true.....makes sense that theres a deal in the works that benefits every team except the Sox.

I am almost at the point that I think we are dismantling the team for a run at a AAA pennant. On one hand we are trying to stay positive as 5 or 6 free egents leave the team and then something as ridiculous as Thomas for Weaver comes up. The Big Hurt who hits 40 plus homers and drives in 100 plus runs and has won the MVP twice and we get a bonafide goofball headcase? PLEASE let this be a nightmare...

Hey i would take giving up thomas and say danny wright or a decent prospect  to the dodgers, with kevin brown going to the yanks and us getting Weaver and Perez. That would be interesting.

Now that would be one hell of a deal only one problem with it , what does the Dodgers do then for pitching??? Their not going to trade their entire pitching staff.

I could see Lee (pitcher from NY or Chi) going to LA, Brown to Yanks, and Perez and Weaver to Chicago with the Yanks giving Sox $2M in cash.

Weaver is a salary dump and we take a risk.  If he pans out we have a solid rotation.  If he doesn't we have Perez.

I think LA would need pitching in return, maybe we get Mota.

Replace Lee with PK and I am all for it

First of all frank is a 10-5 guy.... He can veto any trade...

Second what would we want weaver for?

:fyou Gammons

The problem is Cheat that Frank might be tired of all the BS happening with the team this off season and he agrees to a trade. I hope not and I agree with you that we don't need Weaver unless he comes in a waiver deal.

Going based on memory here, correct me if I'm wrong, Didn't we selct weaver as a first round draft pick? Then he souldn't sign. And wound up the next year as a tiger? and the quickest to the majors from that draft? He said something to the effect of "I would never play for chicago, I don't like that towN? That's paraphasing that's clearly deteriorated over the years but, you get the idea.

:fyou Weaver

Why would we ever want that guy around?