• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dickie V's top 5 on SC

5-Michigan State

4-Wake Forest

3-Kentucky

2-Kansas

1-North Carolina

Dick Vitale is a tool. Hes a worthless piece of crap. I would love to hear him rationalize MSU being higher than Illinois.

Also, my post isn't due to UI not being in the Top 5 because I've seen other rankings without them in there but rather Vitale's history of biased bulls***.

Edited by whitesoxfan99

Dick Vitale is a tool.  Hes a worthless piece of crap.  I would love to hear him rationalize MSU being higher than Illinois.

He would probally stutter alot, and end up saying that are better just because. Wouldn't have any sort of real answer we all know that much. I am very surprised he didn't manage to get duke on his top 5 list. :headshake

Dick Vitale is a tool.  Hes a worthless piece of crap.  I would love to hear him rationalize MSU being higher than Illinois.

Also, my post isn't due to UI not being in the Top 5 because I've seen other rankings without them in there but rather Vitale's history of biased bulls***.

But he's awesome bay-bee!

I hate the guy too.

Not only does Vitale talk about only the ACC schools, but he is a prick.

He is in Lawrence a few times a year and I went up to him and rubbed his head for good luck. First off, it was full of some gooey substance. He said keep your hands off me kid, so I flicked him off and told him to suck some more of Coach K's dick.

Vitale is bias for his ACC schools only. Take a look at his preseaons all american team, its all ACC.

Please dear God don't let Vitale get back on the UNC bandwagon, he's likely to be killed. Vitale is held in the same regard as coach K in most UNC circles. Its time Vitale gives up the analysis part of his job, he can announce some games because he brings enthusiasm. But the days are LONG past that he brings any kind of useful information to games anymore. People used to rely on him to hear about recruiting info and things going on in basketball. Now its just BABEEE this and bald dome index that.

He is in Lawrence a few times a year and I went up to him and rubbed his head for good luck. First off, it was full of some gooey substance. He said keep your hands off me kid, so I flicked him off and told him to suck some more of Coach K's dick.

And HE'S the dick?

Gotta luve the classy displays of today's youth!

There is a huge Illini bias on here. Wow, lots of U of I fans. Michigan State is my favorite big ten team, so I'll say it....GO SPARTANS! :headbang

Well considering most people on here are from the state of Illinois its not surprising that there are a lot of fans of the home state school. Bias aside, there is not one reason for MSU to be ranked higher than Illinois to start this season and that goes for Kentucky as well.

Well considering most people on here are from the state of Illinois its not surprising that there are a lot of fans of the home state school.  Bias aside, there is not one reason for MSU to be ranked higher than Illinois to start this season and that goes for Kentucky as well.

What do you mean? They return the bulk of their entire team -- and add a PG who was Mr. Michigan -- who was ranked top three by everyone going into last year.

What do you mean? They return the bulk of their entire team -- and add a PG who was Mr. Michigan -- who was ranked top three by everyone going into last year.

You say MSU returns the bulk of their team, well Illinois returns everyone except for Howard from a team that was by much better than MSU last year. Not to mention adding the guys who were 2nd and 3rd in Mr. Basketball voting from Illinois behind only Shaun Livingston who of course was a top 5 pick.

Why do you bring up being ranked top 3 to begin last year anyway? Where MSU finished in the rankings is what should count right now. Its not like they lost key players to injury.

Edited by whitesoxfan99

Why does everyone whine about people talking about the ACC most of the time, it is the best conference in the country.

I would agree that right now the ACC is the best conference in the country. Historically there are a few conferences who are pretty close. I looked up the top 4 finishers since 1939 and added up their totals for the Big 6 conferences: Pac 10, Big 10, ACC, Big East, Big 12, and SEC and for titles I added Conference USA. I know conferences is change so I added them up based on current conference affiliation (There may be some error as I almost lost my spot a couple times and in fact may have.)

Total "Final 4s"

Big 10 39

ACC 38

Big 12 33

Pac 10 28

Big East 23

SEC 21

National Championships

Pac 10 15 (11 coming from UCLA)

ACC 9

Big 10 9

SEC 8

Big East 5

Conference USA 5

Big 12 4

Who does michigan state nhave coming back???

MSU has basically everyone coming back Paul Davis, Shannon Brown, Maurice Ager, Chris Hill, Alan (How does he spell his first name?) Anderson, Kelvin Torbert, and then they have Marquise Gray and Drew Neitzel as incoming freshman.

However a position by position analysis

PG Deron Williams>>>>>>>Neitzel or whoever starts

SG Dee Brown>Chris Hill and Dee Brown>Shannon Brown

SF Luther Head>>>Anderson

PF Roger Powell>Kelvin Torbert I assume Gray won't start to begin the year, these two are very different players but both are pretty effective, slight edge to Powell because he can be an explosive scorer, Torbert the better defender

C Paul Davis>James Augustine I'll give a slight edge to Davis even though Augustine has outplayed him in their matchups

Bench

MSU Gray, Ager, Hill or Brown, Delco Rawley and Namick vs. Illinois Nick Smith, Brian Randle, Jack Ingram, Rich McBride, Shaun Pruitt, and Warren Carter. To hard to tell, Illinois has more depth inside but Ager and Brown or hill might give MSU a little more explosive scoring off the bench unless McBride can be consistent this year. Very very slight edge to MSU

Edited by whitesoxfan99