Catch-All Anything Thread

Texsox

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I miss all of the Ken Griffey talk. Do you think we could get him on board the SL&P section of the board? Or are we just not allowed to draft him in any way? I mean, I'm willing to make a few phone calls to see if he could come on over to our board and post. I can think of a few posters I would be willing to trade.

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Sep 2, 2005 -> 02:52 PM)
I miss all of the Ken Griffey talk. Do you think we could get him on board the SL&P section of the board? Or are we just not allowed to draft him in any way? I mean, I'm willing to make a few phone calls to see if he could come on over to our board and post. I can think of a few posters I would be willing to trade.

Can't get him but how about McGruff the crime dog?

QUOTE(Texsox @ Sep 2, 2005 -> 01:55 PM)
Can't get him but how about McGruff the crime dog?

The heck with that dang dog man. He's all bark and no action. Sure, he can take a bite out of the word "crime", but he leads you to believe he can actually do something about the acts themselves.

Get me Grimace instead...

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Sep 2, 2005 -> 03:15 PM)
The heck with that dang dog man. He's all bark and no action. Sure, he can take a bite out of the word "crime", but he leads you to believe he can actually do something about the acts themselves.

Get me Grimace instead...

Scruff McGruff, Chicago Illinois, 6-0-6-1-2.

Make Me Brave for Life

God, make me brave for life: oh, braver than this.

Let me straighten after pain, as a tree straightens after the rain,

Shining and lovely again.

God, make me brave for life; much braver than this.

As the blown grass lifts, let me rise

From sorrow with quiet eyes,

Knowing Thy way is wise.

God, make me brave, life brings

Such blinding things.

Help me to keep my sight;

Help me to see aright

That out of dark comes light.

There's this new show on VH1 that is just an absolute complete ripoff of the jack black movie "school of rock", they just made it a reality show. The show might be watchable if they actually were honest with themselves and used Jack black and just called it the school of rock.

I just got back from a fishing trip....3 days, 2 nights, on the river, catfish....nothing better in the entire f***ing world. Nice little weekend to end the summer. f***, speaking of witch, school starts on Tuesday...beeshes!

QUOTE(SnB @ Sep 4, 2005 -> 10:59 AM)
There's this new show on VH1 that is just an absolute complete ripoff of the jack black movie "school of rock", they just made it a reality show.  The show might be watchable if they actually were honest with themselves and used Jack black and just called it the school of rock.

I cannot get into that "Hogan Knows Best" show. There is absolutely nothing real about that show.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Sep 6, 2005 -> 09:13 AM)
I think I just went the longest ever for me without any TV or internet at all, 4 days.  I feel completely disconnected from the world?  The only things I heard were the White Sox games on the radio.

Two years so far me and all the family (and all of the wifes extended family totally 25 people) go up to some cabins in Wisconsin and seriously disconnect from the world for the entire week. We didn't do it this year, but we go back to it next year. It's a wonderful thing really.

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Sep 6, 2005 -> 10:19 AM)
Two years so far me and all the family (and all of the wifes extended family totally 25 people) go up to some cabins in Wisconsin and seriously disconnect from the world for the entire week. We didn't do it this year, but we go back to it next year. It's a wonderful thing really.

That describes my families vacations all the time I was growing up. 20-25 of us in Eagle River / St. Germain :wub: Oh how I miss seing the indian across from "town" in St. Germain. :crying

QUOTE(Texsox @ Sep 6, 2005 -> 09:55 AM)
That describes my families vacations all the time I was growing up. 20-25 of us in Eagle River / St. Germain  :wub:  Oh how I miss seing the indian across from "town" in St. Germain.  :crying

That's how every summer is (it's just recent that we have been going to the cabin, but there is always a summer vacation with all of the family), and every Christmas. For Christmas though we descend on my wifes Aunts and Uncles house in Minneapolis. It's a good sized house, but we all still end up in a search for floor space to sleep on. But it is a great time. Usually with bowling, sledding, food, food, food, drink, drink, drink, and football. I usually drive the other guys crazy with all of my stupid "lack of knowledge" football questions. They are all rabid Viking (and Twins) fans.

The neatest thing about deer hunting is getting up into a stand at 6 AM in the middle of December. It's one of those times when you actually connect with nature.

Did I miss the memo where cottage cheese on top of pears is a big thing?

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Sep 6, 2005 -> 09:13 AM)
I think I just went the longest ever for me without any TV or internet at all, 4 days.  I feel completely disconnected from the world?  The only things I heard were the White Sox games on the radio.

...and yet by reflex alone, your PC posted 468 times in your absence.... :P :D

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Sep 6, 2005 -> 12:19 PM)
The neatest thing about deer hunting is getting up into a stand at 6 AM in the middle of December. It's one of those times when you actually connect with nature.

Very soon the tide will turn, and the deer will have their day my friend. :D

deer-driving1.jpg