Sox @ A's 7/1 Game Thread 9:05CT

Spiff

• Replies 690
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 2, 2005 -> 03:04 PM)
If Marte was healthy, you can bet your ass Cotts would have been in to face Johnson in the 5th inning.

I tend to think Cotts has become to other key setup guy with Cliff Politte to use late in games with the way he's pitched in the last month. That said, the need for a lefty LOOGY is just magnified whenever Kevin Walker pitches from the bullpen.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Jul 2, 2005 -> 05:04 AM)
Huff's average isn't much better than Crede's and he's only hit 6 homers. I like him, but I heard a scout talking about him on the radio, and they said he isn't the hitter he was a couple of years ago. His bat has supposedly slowed considerably. He may be a right handed Ben Grieve.

Considering Huff is lefty, that might be hard to do. However, every time I watch Huff bat, he seems to hit the ball hard. However, Crede isn't going anywhere. Did you hear the Sox PR machine, Hawk, praising Crede tonight?

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Jul 1, 2005 -> 11:05 PM)
Zoom and Rowand, I just looked at the stats -- sub-700 OPS. 

Wow, I didn't realize he's been that bad this year.  I'll keep my mouth shut.

Like I said Keith there has to be something wrong with him, just watching him play a few games this year you can tell his bat speed is so much slower then in years past.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jul 2, 2005 -> 03:03 PM)
The offense is fine.  We score plenty of runs.  No need to upgrade.

The difference between Randa and Crede is 15 hits a season.

Funny how the Twins didn't trade for him because they thought he was average.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jul 2, 2005 -> 05:08 AM)
Now, try and get 4 runs, if not shake this off and take the series with Jon and Mark.  This has been an ugly game no doubt but it's just that, 1 game.

I'll be happy with one out of three.

Hot Oakland + House of Horrors + West Coast = Bad. Even with the best team in baseball.

Get us one, so we can take four out of six on the road trip, and I'll be really happy.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Jul 1, 2005 -> 11:06 PM)
Funny how the Twins didn't trade for him because they thought he was average.

And here I thought it was because they wanted someone that could play for a few years and not just be a rental for this season.

QUOTE(ZoomSlowik @ Jul 2, 2005 -> 12:01 AM)
Everett's numbers against righties the last three years are .288/.361/501. Sounds like someone we should keep to solve that potential problem.

I included Everett in part because his defense (or lack there of) is the most easily replacable on the team, at least if we're talking about adding a left-handed power hitter.

QUOTE(jerseysox @ Jul 1, 2005 -> 11:13 PM)
huston street is filthy.

and the reason why we never win in oakland is because oakland always has good pitching.

No, that's not even close to being the only reason. We've been able to atleast compete with them at home, just strange things happen when we're out there.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jul 2, 2005 -> 12:15 AM)
No, that's not even close to being the only reason.  We've been able to atleast compete with them at home, just strange things happen when we're out there.

strange things? like mulder, hudson, zito and harden always being around? that's not the biggest factor?

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jul 1, 2005 -> 11:15 PM)
No, that's not even close to being the only reason.  We've been able to atleast compete with them at home, just strange things happen when we're out there.

9 walks by our pitching. And 4 hits by our offense are the wierd things that happened tonight. And they are directly in relation to our result tonight.