Monday Matinee Game Thread 8-1-05

aboz56

• Replies 579
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

am i the only one who wants to see the sox unveil a spot on the left field wall with AJ's mug on it and number 12 next to it? in about 10 years.

He is WhiteSox Baseball.... please let him be a mainstay for years to come.

Lee Mazzilli is getting his final look at the White Sox as manager of the Orioles. He is going to get canned after this season, if not before it ends. The dual GMs there are in trouble. Everyone is scrambling to find a fall guy. Its amazing they really thought they could hang the whole season with their pitching staff.

The streak was a concern for us fans but obviously not for Mark since he was willing to plunk Surhoff.

Call me Juggs cuz I'm cracking out the statistics! Coming into today and using the stats on Whitesox.com, the White Sox have been hit 48 times so far this season.

I actually took the time to look at other teams and put this 48 HBP (plus today's HBP) into perspective. Coming into today, the Sox are tied for 5th (now tied for 3rd with the 2 HBP today) in the league with batters that have been hit.

Amount of hit batters per team coming into today...I didn't have time to see correlation with pitchers that have hit a lot of batters (gotta get ready for work soon)

Angels - 19

Astros - 50 (but 13 are Leaning Tower of Biggio)

A's - 24

Blue Jays - 56

Braves - 25

Brewers - 47

Cardinals - 40

Cubs - 33

Devil Rays - 41

Diamondbacks - 31

Dodgers - 49

Giants - 29

Indians - 34

Mariners - 28

Marlins - 42

Mets - 29

Nationals - 61

Orioles - 38

Padres - 31

Phillies - 34

Pirates - 41

Rangers - 31

Red Sox - 39

Reds - 34

Rockies - 41

Royals - 37

Tigers - 37

Twins - 48

White Sox - 48

Yankees - 44

The mean amount of hit batters per team is 38.033333. The Sox are ten HBP batters over that amount. No wonder they are a little bit angry.

The median amount is 37.5 and the Sox are 10.5 above that average.

The modal amount is 31 and the Sox are 17 hit batters above the average.

Looks like the Sox have a legitimate gripe with the amount of times they are getting hit. The amount over the average is just going to increase today with the additional HBP.

Ozzie Guillen is into each pitch. He is always on the top step, first to congratulate players, never gets down on anyone, is almost always standing in the dugout to evaluate the game, and looks like he is really having fun! When he was announced manager, I was so wrong about how much he respects the game, and how the players would respect him.

QUOTE(MurcieOne @ Aug 1, 2005 -> 01:06 PM)
am i the only one who wants to see the sox unveil a spot on the left field wall with AJ's mug on it and number 12 next to it? in about 10 years.

He is WhiteSox Baseball.... please let him be a mainstay for years to come.

They'll need to make room for #35, first.