oh my god

Reddy

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(BigEdWalsh @ Oct 15, 2005 -> 11:35 PM)
Thanks. I have to give credit where credit is due. My 16 year old son (hardcore Sox fan, of course) made it for me. I'm computer-dumb.

LOL! Old dog, new tricks and all that, eh? :D

Well, you can't be too far gone. You found this place, didn't you? :D

I'm in that same mode too...except it's a bit different after tonight. Last night I was going crazy with excitement...tonight, I'm not at all like that.

Also, am I the only one that thinks it feels like the Sox have won a hell of a lot more than 6 games in the playoffs? Maybe it's just because I've never had a chance to watch them on a consistent basis...but it feels like they've won about 12 games.

I was born in November of '57. I was not even two years old when the Sox won the pennant in '59. Needless to say, I don't remember it. 1983 was so awesome, as it was the first time I could ever remember the Sox finishing in 1st place.

After all these years, this is something on an entirely different level. This team has been doubted, questioned and disrespected all year. They've used that disrespect to motivate themselves. They've taken that disrespect and shoved it right up the asses of all the doubters.

No matter what happens the rest of the way, this team will always have a special place in my heart and I'll never forget 'em.

:gosox3: :gosox1: :gosox4: :gosox2: :gosoxretro:

QUOTE(Reddy @ Oct 15, 2005 -> 09:13 PM)
is anyone else feeling like this isnt ACTUALLY happening?

i mean we're the white sox - we always f***ing lose... now one win away and its like... this can not be happening.

i dont wanna jinx anything but i am feeling so amazing right now but its SO f***ING SURREAL!

I don't even know how to react. I've fantasized about this for years. Now that it's actually happening, I don't know how to react. This is beyond a dream come true.

QUOTE(BigEdWalsh @ Oct 15, 2005 -> 11:33 PM)
From Pods : ``I don't think I have the words to describe what that city is going to be like if we're able to pull that off,'' White Sox leadoff man Scott Podsednik said.

When this thing is clinched, you guys in Illinois/Chicago area scream and holler a little for me, will ya? I'll be screaming and hollering here in Utah but if anything it will just cause some concern for neighbors who for sure will be wondering what the heck is going on at my house. They may call the cops.

My neighbors will know why :D

My Scout Troop has been kidding me all year. I have one die hard Yankee fan and a die hard Red Sox fan amongst my youth members. I was shocked when the Red Sox fan wore his Red Sox cap to Scouts last week.

I was conducting a training session for Scout leaders a couple weekends ago and using Powerpoint. When I was closing up I accidentaly switched to my desktop and everyone started laughing. I had one of the White Sox wallpapers up. They knew I was nuts, now they know how much.

This has been more surreal the closer it gets to......you know.....

I'm 100% certain the players have not gotten ahead of themselves. There are too many recent examples ( Red Cubs coming back, Blue Cubs collapsing ) for the Sox to put the cart before the horse.

Last night Paulie put me at ease for the entire game. That blast just seemed to put everything right in place.

This season has been so emotional, even in the Dark Days of September. It's been fantastic, and is about to get even better IF.....YOU KNOW.......

QUOTE(WilliamTell @ Oct 15, 2005 -> 11:23 PM)
It's also very akward to me. I've never had a favorite team win a championship in my lifetime.

Neither have I :(

I just missed out on the Bears winning it (I was born in '87), and the closest I've been to having my team win it all was with the 76er's in the NBA and last year in college basketball with the Illini :)

QUOTE(Reddy @ Oct 15, 2005 -> 10:13 PM)
is anyone else feeling like this isnt ACTUALLY happening?

i mean we're the white sox - we always f***ing lose... now one win away and its like... this can not be happening.

i dont wanna jinx anything but i am feeling so amazing right now but its SO f***ING SURREAL!

I feel odd, maybe the Rally Crede helps me

Today I'm going to run over to Best Buy and splurge on a digital cam with a good zoom for the game today. If the Sox clinch I'm getting a DVD recorder so I can record the World Series on DVD. I should be able to find some tickets from a scalper today. I'll be there bright and early with the rest of the Anaheim crew.

QUOTE(YASNY @ Oct 16, 2005 -> 01:39 AM)
No matter what happens the rest of the way, this team will always have a special place in my heart and I'll never forget 'em. 

:gosox3:  :gosox1:  :gosox4:  :gosox2:  :gosoxretro:

Actually, if they lose this series, I won't have much of a heart left. It'll have been ripped out.

QUOTE(Texsox @ Oct 16, 2005 -> 07:32 AM)
My neighbors will know why  :D

My Scout Troop has been kidding me all year. I have one die hard Yankee fan and a die hard Red Sox fan amongst my youth members. I was shocked when the Red Sox fan wore his Red Sox cap to Scouts last week.

I was conducting a training session for Scout leaders a couple weekends ago and using Powerpoint. When I was closing up I accidentaly switched to my desktop and everyone started laughing. I had one of the White Sox wallpapers up. They knew I was nuts, now they know how much.

Buy the kid a "real" Sox cap! :headbang

QUOTE(YASNY @ Oct 16, 2005 -> 10:05 AM)
Buy the kid a "real" Sox cap!  :headbang

I like having a Bo Sox and Yankee fan around. They were trash talking about the upcoming ALCS and how they were going to beat the other team. LMAO.

I know exactly what this is like. It feels just like the 1991 Bulls run did. That was the year they finally broke through and won the championship and they did it by just rolling through the playoffs and championship series. I kept expecting there to be drama and a nailbiter for that first ring, but it never materialized. It was odd that after so long it came so easy. So far the Sox playoff wins are mounting up just like for the Bulls, but that "feeling" is there too.

My hear still expects a nailbiter somewhere in this, and I still can't even imagine being in the WS, though, so I certainly don't rest easy yet.

SFF

Edited by SpringfieldFan

I haven't been very good with championships either, only 1 team made the NBA finals(Knicks), and before this I've never seen any of my teams make the League/Conference Championships. Dolphins and Knicks.

This is an awesome feeling, very rewarding for out-of-towners who we're die-hards throught thick and thin.

I shared Bulls season tickets during the first three championships, and that was sweet. But the NBA is far more evenly competitive and it was kind of expected. As a Sox fan, I had long ago resigned myself to the possibility of never being in the WS during my lifetime.

I have this growing dread that I will wake up in a hospital with tubes running in and out of my body, and the doctors will say I've been in a coma since April. Then they'll tell me the White Sox were last in the division.

You have to win four to move on. We're not there yet. Let's get there tonight.

But remember, you have to win four to win a series, not three.

Then, you have to win another four games in the World Series.

I know I'm being Captain Obvious right now, but I want to remind everyone (including myself) that we have a long way to go.

Go Sox.

QUOTE(mkalk @ Oct 16, 2005 -> 09:20 AM)
I have this growing dread that I will wake up in a hospital with tubes running in and out of my body, and the doctors will say I've been in a coma since April. Then they'll tell me the White Sox were last in the division.

LOL! Even worse, a whole bunch of us will be in the hospital with you in the same situation.

Someone said it's a lot like the Bulls first championship in '91. How true! It's been too easy....so far. But that was kind of expected. With the White Sox, this is NOT expected.