Skepticism?

TheBigHurt

From what I've been seeing lately, not only here but in other palces as well, a LOT of talk, in fact MORE talk is about other players besides Konerko. I've been hearing a lot of people talking aboutt rading various people; Pods, ARow, Crede, etc. and the only thing I can do is go O____o

What's that saying? If it ain't broke, don't fix it. While of course we have to look at the worst case scenario with Konerko and Frank, but does that mean we have to remodel everything? I look at what this team did this year, and how well they played in the payoffs, so flame me if you want, but I don't want a damn thing to change. If we lose Konerko and need a new player for him, so be it, but IMO, everything else that's still in place needs to stay that way.

Edited by TheBigHurt

The thing is, people tend to remember the last thing that happened in certain cases. Meaning, since we went 11-1 during the playoffs and ended up winning the World Series. People like you tend to forget what it was like during the regular season when the team didn't hit for s***. The offense sucked this year in general and an upgrade is necessary. I highly doubt the Sox get as lucky in '06 as they did in '05, with the timely hitting and non-injuries. Changes need to be made.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Nov 14, 2005 -> 02:26 PM)
The thing is, people tend to remember the last thing that happened in certain cases. Meaning, since we went 11-1 during the playoffs and ended up winning the World Series. People like you tend to forget what it was like during the regular season when the team didn't hit for s***. The offense sucked this year in general and an upgrade is necessary. I highly doubt the Sox get as lucky in '06 as they did in '05, with the timely hitting and non-injuries. Changes need to be made.

I don't mean to be confrontational, but the Sox got through it and WON the World Series. Winning the World Series is the main goal, correct? So the offense did suck at points of the year, but um, so what? LMAO. They did it anyway. I think ur missing the big picture. I certainly don't want to see our most valuable guys like Crede or Pods traded and end up with crap. Of coruse you have to take chances, which is why this all happened in the first place, but as I said, we found that balance, and it worked. Sure it was hard, but getting to the WS and winning is not easy. Ask the 2000 Yanks, lmao. The WS is the big picture, and the Sox got there, so what else matters? Nothing. I really can't see this team changing that much, becuase change obviously is not needed much. As I said, we lose Konerko and/or Frank, yeah we're gonna need someone big in place, but does that mean we have to lose everybody else? I don't think so..........

Edited by TheBigHurt

Oh I realize that, but of course, it's obvious to me some say trade this guy or that guy, and when it coems down to it, everyone weants someone else traded. Of course all of them aren't going to be, but I just can't see how at this point anybody would want Crede or ARow to go.

QUOTE(TheBigHurt @ Nov 14, 2005 -> 04:08 PM)
Yeah that's the crazy or wierd face. Pretty much the same look you can put on your face by looking at teh pic in my sig, lmao.

O___o

my first impression was that it had something to do with DJ's home run call (reminded me of timo's homerun in the twinkiedome- remember that one?). It was at the beginning of the 5th or 6th, when hawk is always out of the booth eating or something and only DJ was announcing. Did anyone else get that out of the O___o?

It's really Ozzie that threw the wrench into the machine thinking we're not in need of repair when he announced he wants a new #2 hitter.

Up until that time the focus was re-sign/replace Kong's bat & try to upgrade the DH spot. Everything else was thought to be good & solid.

But then Ozzie threw this in. He wants even more speed on the bases. Now the question is where is this speed going to play?

If you bring it to 2B then does Iguchi become the DH hitting 6th? If Iguchi moves to DH is there still room for Thomas?

If you bring it to RF then does Dye become the DH> If there any room for Thomas then?

Of course in the post-Kong version of the White Sox you can bring the new speed to RF, move Dye to 1B & then there is room for Thomas.

What's interesting about all of this & the fact that the White Sox didn't make Kong a formal offer is that Furcal would make a great #2.

SPods LF

Furcal 2B

Dye 1B/RF

Iguchi/Thomas DH

Rowand CF

AJP C

Crede 3B

Uribe SS

RF/1B is open for new talent.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Nov 14, 2005 -> 03:26 PM)

We need that lefty power bat...and 1st base/DH is the easiest way to do that...

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Nov 14, 2005 -> 04:22 PM)
If I had to guess, you are stealing someones bandwidth and they don't like it.

every other time i load the page, it comes up with this green smiley sticking it's tongue out at me. but not every time. guess i'll change it. damn, i liked that picture. thanks.

Whenever I think of any trading that might need to happen, it's usually triggered by wondering if PK is going somewhere else. If he leaves, something needs to happen in my opinion. The Sox would seriously need a power bat at that point, and if Oz wants more speed, a new 2-hole bat or both in addition to a new power guy, then the logical way to acquire all that is through trades. The FA market isn't all that deep and that means guys will most likely be overpaid. The way to get guys and to know what you're paying them beforehand is by acquiring guys already under contract.

TBH...you are absolutely right...if it ain't broke, don't fix it. But, there were parts of the White Sox that were broke. A lefty power bat, as someone said. If, for some reason, Abreu became available, I'd be all for the upgrade. It's not that we want a trade just to trade.

A lefty power bat isn't even what this team needs. The Sox could really use a batter with some good power who can hit right handed pitching well, he doesn't have to be a lefty, just has to be able to hit righties. This team was absolutely f***ing pathetic Vs right handed pitching last season, that' something that needs to be addressed this offseason.

there's no question that we won it last year and that can never be taken away. but like many (most) teams that win it all, we had a fair amount of breaks go our way. that's not something you can count on year-in, year-out.

the good thing is we have great pitching, and that is going to take you a long way regardless of circumstance. on the flip side, i'd like to see us have a more consistent offensive team, and that's a possibility.

i don't think trying to upgrade the team is a slap at any member of the 2005 white sox. those guys will live in history. their place in sox lore is established. but this team can be better, and if we have to get better by cutting ties with some popular players, so be it.

QUOTE(CanOfCorn @ Nov 14, 2005 -> 05:23 PM)
TBH...you are absolutely right...if it ain't broke, don't fix it.  But, there were parts of the White Sox that were broke.  A lefty power bat, as someone said.  If, for some reason, Abreu became available, I'd be all for the upgrade.  It's not that we want a trade just to trade.

doesnt anyone remember the 1984 team???? WE ADDED TOM SEAVER, kept everyone else and sucked....now its not 1984 anymore, but it shows that what worked one year might fail another.

doesnt anyone remember the 1984 team????  WE ADDED TOM SEAVER, kept everyone else and sucked....now its not 1984 anymore, but it shows that what worked one year might fail another.

that doesnt mean we need to make crazy trades just to shake it up because 20 years ago team chemistry was gone after one year. the biggest difference between 1984 and 2005 is that we won the world series in 2005. how do you know the momentum won't carry?