Official Ozzie/Mariotti Thread

gojimthome

• Replies 562
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(southsideirish @ Jun 22, 2006 -> 02:17 PM)
Please stop comparing a sexual preference to a race/nationality. They are far far far from the same thing.

Do you know that idiot, moron, and imbecile are also offensive? Do you use those words? They have double meanings as well. They were once used as classes of mental retardation. You use the terms now, I am sure, as a why of calling someone stupid. However, you use this word to refer to a mentally challenged person and the person's family will be very offended. The words have double meanings. Many words do. *** refers to a cigarette, a drudge, a peon, a british student, and a sissy or girly man. Put what he said in context and you determine the meaning. It didn't sound like he was calling him a homosexual male. Just my opinion.

This from Mariotti's article, but that's it.

Obviously, Guillen hasn't learned his lesson about using such ugly language. He hasn't because his boss, Sox chairman Jerry Reinsdorf, is an enabler who is letting Ozzie run amok, whether it's offending homosexual groups that want Guillen punished or saying someone should "shoot the [bleep]'' after Jason Grimsley served as a steroids informant in a federal investigation. Reinsdorf, as I pointed out last year, is co-chairman of Major League Baseball's Equal Opportunity Committee.

yeah...i take what he says with a grain of salt

QUOTE(Allsox @ Jun 22, 2006 -> 02:12 PM)
I agree with ya about the train but I refuse to pay that idiot's salary. Daily Herald is what is on my front porch every morning.

Too bad your're not in my situation. I've been reading free Sun-Times for over a year. A plastic shield covering a Sun-Times dispenser near a Metra station I commute to is loose, so every morning I simply reach in and take one instead of paying .50. Well over $100 dollars which hasn't gone towards Mariotti's salary. Just doing my small part.

Edited by Flash Tizzle

QUOTE(LVSoxFan @ Jun 22, 2006 -> 07:18 PM)
You built your straw man when you said I was "flipping out" about the Swoon. Your words, not mine. Straw man. Then you said I said I thought they were GOING to blow the lead, which I also did not say. That's two straw men.

And for all your huffin' and puffin about what a great fan you are who never complains, you certainly haven't heard me complain about the Sox this year--what's to complain about? In fact, when they had their crappy start I was one of the many who told everybody to relax.

You're all over the place on this. Too bad nothing you wrote about me was true. Oh well. And you supposedly hate Mariotti for the same thing. Irony alert!

Did you or did you not get banned/suspended last year for being a douche? Or is Zoom thinking of someone else?

QUOTE(hammerhead johnson @ Jun 22, 2006 -> 02:25 PM)
Did you or did you not get banned/suspended last year for being a douche? Or is Zoom thinking of someone else?

That can't be right...? Getting suspended for being a douche..? This place would be a ghost town. :lol:

If Ozzie actually gets suspended for his remarks about Mariotti, will that be like a first for a columnist to actually have an effect on a team?

What I'm getting at is that Jay is no longer content with just irritating the s*** out of every club in Chicago, now he's actually going to screw with the team's management?

Please stop comparing a sexual preference to a race/nationality. They are far far far from the same thing.

How do you see them as being different, unless you think homosexuality is a choice and the other 2 are not.

Edited by wallyburger

QUOTE(hammerhead johnson @ Jun 22, 2006 -> 02:25 PM)

Do I know you, HJ? I was never suspended from Soxtalk. For being a "douche" or anything else.

To answer your idiotic question--not that you deserve an answer--I was banned from another site during the swoon because I posted about how, if we're going to get through this month, we need to start doing a, b and c or else it ain't gonna happen--and then posted what those things were. This was deemed too "negative" or whatever and off I went.

So yes, neither you nor Zoom know what you're talking about.

So who's the douche now?

QUOTE(LVSoxFan @ Jun 22, 2006 -> 02:18 PM)
You built your straw man when you said I was "flipping out" about the Swoon. Your words, not mine. Straw man. Then you said I said I thought they were GOING to blow the lead, which I also did not say. That's two straw men.

And for all your huffin' and puffin about what a great fan you are who never complains, you certainly haven't heard me complain about the Sox this year--what's to complain about? In fact, when they had their crappy start I was one of the many who told everybody to relax.

You're all over the place on this. Too bad nothing you wrote about me was true. Oh well. And you supposedly hate Mariotti for the same thing. Irony alert!

And what's unfathomable to me is you apparently totally ignorant of all the great stuff he's written about the Sox. I'm not defending the "jagbag," I'm stating the facts.

And if you think you're being a superfan by standing by Ozzie saying things like "f****ing ***," then whatever dude.

"we ALL thought they were gonna choke in September, and that was hardly Mariotti alone that was talking that up in the press"

Apparently you didn't say that on page 4. Usually we is an inclusive term.

Again, I never said that I never complain. However, recently I haven't.

You said yourself that you complain when things aren't going well in your last couple of posts. I don't see how that's putting words in your mouth. Honestly, I've only seen you on here when there is something to gripe about, so I guess you could say that you haven't been complaining this year.

Really, where are all of these "great" articles? The negative ones out-number the positives ones around 3:1 the blog thing, and it's been a lot worse in the past. Apparently Reinsdorf, Hawk, and Ozzie all have gripes with him for no particular reason.

I never even mentioned Ozzie's quotes once, so I don't know where you get that last part. Honestly, I don't give a s*** what Ozzie says unless he's talking about me or my family. Indifference doesn't really count as defending. Mariotti is my problem. I don't see any reason to endorse that guy in any way. He blatantly goes after people whenever he feels like it and whines when people say something about him. I have no respect for Mariotti whatsoever.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jun 22, 2006 -> 02:28 PM)
If Ozzie actually gets suspended for his remarks about Mariotti, will that be like a first for a columnist to actually have an effect on a team?

What I'm getting at is that Jay is no longer content with just irritating the s*** out of every club in Chicago, now he's actually going to screw with the team's management?

He doesn't irritate every club in Chicago. I mean -- When did he ever write a column detracting the Chicago Rush?! ;)

And Mornonittii? WTF? :huh:

QUOTE(hammerhead johnson @ Jun 22, 2006 -> 02:18 PM)
I encourage you to read more Ditka books. The players absolutely loved him. He praised hard-working individuals to no end. Walter Payton used to call him up frequently and do his best "Mexican Whore" imitation. Ditka thought there was some chick out there who was obsessed with him and wanted to f*** his brains out, but he later found out that it was just Walter Payton. That's just one of the many examples to be found in great books such as "In Life, First You Kick Ass" and "Da Coach".

Ditka had his fair share of players that loved him, he also had his fair share that couldn't stand him. His support of scab football hurt his credibility with a lot of guys.

QUOTE(ZoomSlowik @ Jun 22, 2006 -> 02:30 PM)
"we ALL thought they were gonna choke in September, and that was hardly Mariotti alone that was talking that up in the press"

Apparently you didn't say that on page 4. Usually we is an inclusive term.

Again, I never said that I never complain. However, recently I haven't.

You said yourself that you complain when things aren't going well in your last couple of posts. I don't see how that's putting words in your mouth. Honestly, I've only seen you on here when there is something to gripe about, so I guess you could say that you haven't been complaining this year.

Really, where are all of these "great" articles? The negative ones out-number the positives ones around 3:1 the blog thing, and it's been a lot worse in the past. Apparently Reinsdorf, Hawk, and Ozzie all have gripes with him for no particular reason.

I never even mentioned Ozzie's quotes once, so I don't know where you get that last part. Honestly, I don't give a s*** what Ozzie says unless he's talking about me or my family. Indifference doesn't really count as defending. Mariotti is my problem. I don't see any reason to endorse that guy in any way. He blatantly goes after people whenever he feels like it and whines when people say something about him. I have no respect for Mariotti whatsoever.

In that particular case I meant we all collectively as in: the city, fans, the media, etc. I personally, as I explained above, couldn't believe it was really gonna happen. My point was Mariotti was expressing a concern that everybody had.

As far as your bulls*** statement about how you only see me on here griping, you're full of s***. It's one thing to disagree with me--fair enough--it's another to be a baldfaced liar, like you're being now.

Funny how you could care less about what Ozzie says... but you're obsessed with whatever Mariotti says. Huh?

Anyway, nobody's asking you to like Mariotti. And as far as your claim that Mariotti never writes positive columns about the Sox, I can only laugh. Go look them up, then. You guys sure had a blog up fast enough counting all his flip-flopping, but now you can't locate one positive column about the Sox in the past two years.

Me smell bulls***.

If you want to lock it up, Steff, by all means. I think we've had our fun today.

;)

Edited by LVSoxFan

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Jun 22, 2006 -> 01:55 PM)
Oz will get canned when the team sux, not because of anything that comes out of his mouth.

I don't think Ozzie will ever get fired for poor performance. He supposedly almost left after last season, so he may quit at anytime. The only way he doesn't leave on his own IMO is if he says something so overboard the White Sox have no other choice. I do think Ozzie gets a lot of his english from his sons. They probably still call each other and their friends ***s. Its not a defense for Ozzie, but as they get older and speak a little more sophisticated, their father probably will as well.

QUOTE(LVSoxFan @ Jun 22, 2006 -> 02:19 PM)
Doesn't everybody think we've wasted enough time on Mariotti?

And now we're going to get him fired because we don't like what he says.

Gee, that sure sounds like another ballclub I know...

Yeah, this wont work. Key is to not read his stuff. Armchair editors we are not, and cant just out him of his column. Man there have been a lot of witch hunts lately, he hheh

QUOTE(hammerhead johnson @ Jun 22, 2006 -> 01:42 PM)
Yeah, they got it from soxtalk.

There are obvious similarities between Ozzie and Mike Ditka. You don't have to be a brain surgeon to put two and two together. Some random dude who brings up the topic on a message board is not innovating, by any means.

So do you not think people in the press read soxtalk and WSI?

QUOTE(LVSoxFan @ Jun 22, 2006 -> 02:37 PM)
In that particular case I meant we all collectively as in: the city, fans, the media, etc. I personally, as I explained above, couldn't believe it was really gonna happen. My point was Mariotti was expressing a concern that everybody had.

As far as your bulls*** statement about how you only see me on here griping, you're full of s***. It's one thing to disagree with me--fair enough--it's another to be a baldfaced liar, like you're being now.

Funny how you could care less about what Ozzie says... but you're obsessed with whatever Mariotti says. Huh?

Anyway, nobody's asking you to like Mariotti. And as far as your claim that Mariotti never writes positive columns about the Sox, I can only laugh. Go look them up, then. You guys sure had a blog up fast enough counting all his flip-flopping, but now you can't locate one positive column about the Sox in the past two years.

Me smell bulls***.

If you want to lock it up, by all means. I think we've had our fun today.

;)

LV, show me one GREAT article that the Moronotti has written about our Sox team. When AJ was literally punched by Barrett for no reason at all, your jagbag writer took on Barrett's side and berated AJ. Tell me in your heart, do you think that's a GREAT piece of writings?

Close this f***ing thread! I CAN'T stand the jagbag apologists!