Official "Squared Circle" Thread

Guest $I Need Money$

QUOTE(longshot7 @ Feb 27, 2007 -> 01:33 PM)
Dave was right - there were 8 spaces in the MITB graphic on RAW last night. Jeff went over, after Shelton took a hideous spill after slipping off the top rope. So right now it's Edge/Jeff/Punk/Booker and 4 more spots. Johnny Nitro cut a great promo on Melina, talking about how pissed he was that he lost to Punk, leading me to think there might be some angle to get him in there somewhere - either taking out Punk, or winning another match to get in. What would be a great way to go would be to put Matt Hardy and both Nitro & Mercury into the match. That way you could further the MNM/Hardys feud WITHIN the MITB match. If that happens, my pick for the last spot would be Randy Orton, to play up this feud with Edge. If that happens, it might be three tag teams with the partners fighting against each other in MITB. Interesting....

That would be a very good idea for the match...I still think Carlito's gonna play into this somehow.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bubba Dudley is losing his mind!

He's so jealous of the fans' love for LAX that he jumped the rail after their "Belting Pot Match" (God, what a stupid name for a gimmick match) and accosted several LAX fans in the 5th row.

Hey, Brother Bubba, it's not LAX's fault that you've gone as completely stale on the mic as you've been in the ring for years now. It's not LAX's fault that a pale, weakened Konnan can give a better promo than you (and I've never been a big fan of Konnan's promos, but he's been real good lately). It's not LAX's fault that your best days came in ECW, when you could say literally anything you wanted to because almost no one was watching.

Worry less about the face pops your "heel" opponents are getting, and worry more about why that is.

OHHHH MAH BRUTHA.....TESTIFYYYYYYYyyyyyyyyy!!!!!

Kennedy qualifies for MITB last night on ECW, beating Sabu in an Extreme Rules match. ECW was better last night than in most weeks (when it's completely unwatchable). The ending to the Lashley/Holly match was a classic in the mold of the Austin/McMahon cage match.

SPOILERS

On SD, Matt Hardy beat Joey Mercury to qualify for MITB and Finlay won a triple-threat MITB qualifier with Chris Benoit & MVP.

So the MITB looks like this:

Edge/Jeff Hardy/CM Punk/King Booker/Mr. Kennedy/Matt Hardy/Finlay with one spot remaining - Randy Orton?

and sadly MNM looks like they're out (tag title match with London & Kendrick?)

Wrestling Society R.I.P.

"PWInsider.com is citing a MTV network source in reporting that Wrestling Society X was pulled from the network's lineup.

The network reportedly made the call to pull the show Wednesday; the most recent airing of the show posted a low 0.6 rating.

Wrestling Society X, which combined fast-paced wrestling action with music, was promoted as an alternative to WWE and TNA programming. After showing some ratings promise in its debut, its numbers quickly declined, bottoming out at a 0.5 for the penultimate airing.

MTV will definitely not renew the series, but it could potentially air the remaining episodes at a later date. No details have been announced regarding any such plans."

Not surprised at all - that show was a clusterf***. I won't miss it.

QUOTE(The Critic @ Mar 1, 2007 -> 09:52 AM)
Wrestling Society R.I.P.

"PWInsider.com is citing a MTV network source in reporting that Wrestling Society X was pulled from the network's lineup.

The network reportedly made the call to pull the show Wednesday; the most recent airing of the show posted a low 0.6 rating.

Wrestling Society X, which combined fast-paced wrestling action with music, was promoted as an alternative to WWE and TNA programming. After showing some ratings promise in its debut, its numbers quickly declined, bottoming out at a 0.5 for the penultimate airing.

MTV will definitely not renew the series, but it could potentially air the remaining episodes at a later date. No details have been announced regarding any such plans."

Not surprised at all - that show was a clusterf***. I won't miss it.

Aw, what will screaming running around the ring announcer guy do now?

Not that it's a big surprise or anything but here is a report on Bam Bam Bigalow's autopsy report....

"Dave Meltzer reports that the autopsy results have come in on Bam Bam Bigelow. His death was due to multiple drugs in his system, cocaine and benzodiazetine (an anti-anxiety drug) at lethal levels. His was also suffering from heart disease."

Apparently, if you believe their "big cheese" Wrestling Society RIP is actually only Wrestling Society TBD.

Here's the statement from the CEO of WSX's parent company (I've bolded the parts I found most interesting):

"First, I want to thank all of the wrestling fans and press for their support, not only over the past few, confusing, days, but since the debut of WSX on MTV.

Earlier today we spoke with executives at MTV and can now share with you the following.

MTV is making no statement in regards to canceling Wrestling Society X. However, WSX will be pulled off the Tuesday night lineup in order to strategize the best way to bring the show back to the network and to the fans.

Although the show has not been performing as well as the network had hoped in the Tuesday night lineup, we have been told that other MTV departments including MTV 2, MTV Online, MTV Mobile, and MTV Video-On-Demand are 100% behind Wrestling Society X. Additionally, the Creative and Development executives at MTV have commended us on the production of the show and are saddened by the lack of response due to scheduling mishaps and under-promotion.

Until details are released regarding when the next NEW episode of WSX will air, all four previous episodes will be available on www.WSX.MTV.COM along with their WSXtra counterparts. Furthermore, fans with MTV Video-On-Demand can watch both the regular episodes and WSXtras on their TVs.

From all of us here at Big Vision Entertainment, we thank you for your continuing support and look forward to bringing you more of the evolution of sports entertainment shortly!

Sincerely,

Houston Curtis

CEO

Big Vision Entertainment"

1.) Not sure I believe the "pulled to strategize" bit, since MTV hasn't referred to it as a hiatus or anything like that. We'll see in time, I guess.

2.) What scheduling mishaps would MTV be referring to? To the best of my memory, the only scheduling change came when they pulled an episode for a FIREBALL!! FIREBALL!! FIREBALL!!!

QUOTE(Buehrle>Wood @ Mar 5, 2007 -> 09:12 PM)
Bischoff!

Foley? WTF?

LOL

Best segment in a long while. And I guess it isn't Foley. And now Shane O'Mac is out here.

Never really a fan of him in his prime, but it was awesome to see Austin return.

I heard a rumor about Austin coming back last week. I got scared when Mick Foley ran out there.

QUOTE(SoxFan562004 @ Mar 6, 2007 -> 08:07 AM)
FWIW, Wrestlingobserver.com (a good source for Wrestling and MMA) said it looks like WSX will be brought back 3/13

Yeah, but I read on Lords Of Pain that it's just a single episode that they had already filmed, and there's no plan at this point to bring WSX back full-time. They're dropping the ball on WSX more than Rashan Salaam did for the Bears.

yeah, it's just the one episode - but they've got them already shot, so why not air them - it's not like anything on that channel gets ratings anyway.

as for RAW last night - Khali disrupted the final MITB qualifier between Carlito & Ric Flair. I'm expecting a big reveal that Orton was behind this somehow, leading him to grab the last MITB spot.

also, Johnny Nitro (in a last minute switch) took on Cena. Mercury & Melina were there at ringside. It wouldn't surprise me for MNM to get a tag title shot next week on RAW, win the belts, and then defend them at Mania. Who against I have no idea, but I'm hoping they do a title unification bout vs London & Kendrick.

Trouble on the way for Kurt Angle?

Lords Of Pain reports:

"Sports Illustrated has added a story today on their website concerning the recent allegations of steroid/HGH sales at Florida's Palm Beach Rejuvenation Center. The story broke last week after several professional athletes were listed as customers. In today’s article the story lists Kurt Angle as a new name added to the list of people being investigated. The article states:

"Kurt Angle, a 1996 Olympic gold-medal-winning freestyle wrestler and now a star professional wrestler, received two prescriptions for trenbolone and one for nandrolone between October 2004 and February '05. (Angle did not return messages left with his spokesman.)"

Both trenbolone and nandrolone are anabolic steroids and during the time of receiving these prescriptions he was under contract with World Wrestling Entertainment."

Bad News Brown dies:

"Former Olympic judo bronze medalist Allen Coage -- better known to wrestling fans as Bad News Allen and Bad News Brown -- has died suddenly. He was 63.

Coage died early Tuesday morning in Calgary at Rockyview Hospital, having been rushed to the hospital, complaining of chest pains."

More at this link:

http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Wrestling/2007/03/06/3704792.html

RIP Bad News!

QUOTE(The Critic @ Mar 6, 2007 -> 06:04 PM)
Trouble on the way for Kurt Angle?

Lords Of Pain reports:

"Sports Illustrated has added a story today on their website concerning the recent allegations of steroid/HGH sales at Florida's Palm Beach Rejuvenation Center. The story broke last week after several professional athletes were listed as customers. In today’s article the story lists Kurt Angle as a new name added to the list of people being investigated. The article states:

"Kurt Angle, a 1996 Olympic gold-medal-winning freestyle wrestler and now a star professional wrestler, received two prescriptions for trenbolone and one for nandrolone between October 2004 and February '05. (Angle did not return messages left with his spokesman.)"

Both trenbolone and nandrolone are anabolic steroids and during the time of receiving these prescriptions he was under contract with World Wrestling Entertainment."

I don't think he will get into trouble. Not like he took stuff in 96. He has been in pain for awhile and probably took something to make him feel better. Steroids didn't have him win the World Title in that Battle Royal obviously.

QUOTE(Brian @ Mar 6, 2007 -> 11:03 PM)
I don't think he will get into trouble. Not like he took stuff in 96. He has been in pain for awhile and probably took something to make him feel better. Steroids didn't have him win the World Title in that Battle Royal obviously.

since WWE is not a sanctioned sport, if he was really prescribed it by a legit doctor, he wouldn't have violated any of WWE's policies. He has had neck surgery and other injuries to rehab, so it is possible it was a legit prescription, actually, with Angle's story, it would come down to an ethical inquiry about the prescription IMO