Brian Anderson

DBAHO

It's almost a given now that BA won't be making the 25 man roster, as he's not obviously going to be used in a platoon role or on the bench.

I can now see teams before the season starts going back to KW and asking him about BA and the asking price, so let's go through some teams who'll have an interest.

The main team I can obviously think of is Florida. Huge need for a good young CF. They've been rumored to be shopping Yusmerio Petit for either Jorge Julio or Armando Benitez for their other need, a closer. I wonder however if they would offer Petit for Anderson, and would you take a deal like that?

The Angels could maybe be another? I mean with all of the controversy around Matthews still, and with the likes of Garret Anderson only getting older and older, they could do with a good young outfielder.

Anderson would be an upgrade over Chris Duffy for the Pirates, but Dave Littlefield is set going with Duffy as his leadoff man. A slow start from Duffy however, could maybe get a trade going?

The Giants are another team that would probably like to get younger in their outfield mix. Would someone like Jonathan Sanchez interest you for Anderson maybe?

So there's a few teams out there who should have an interest, and so they should, getting a potential Torri Hunter outfielder who'll be under your control for another 5 seasons quite cheaply.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brian Anderson singled and walked in his only two plate appearances Tuesday against the Athletics.

Anderson is batting .281/.351/.531 to Darin Erstad's .275/.296/.333, but he was set up to fail this spring. A trade would be for the best. Anderson is a strong enough defender that he should be some team's starting center fielder this year.

Actually Brian is hitting .303 right now. But still. If they trade Brian then everything they told us about building for the future is full of s***. They should of trade Crede the minute he hit .234 and should of sent Garland gone a while back. They told us for years to wait on these guys, and now we are ready to jetison a 1st round draft pick who plays great defense and has some potential so we can put some

Edited by southsideirish71

I had thought the sox might trade Anderson at one point. Yet the need him in AAA as insurance in case one of Pods or Erstad go down or are ineffective. They won't get the return value for BA they would need to.

Anderson, even if he starts in AAA, will have an impact on the sox this year.

Brian Anderson isn't going anywhere. He's far too important to the team this season to be dealt now. If he's traded tomorrow then who starts in CF in May?

Leaving Brian off the 25 man roster may be Ozzie's choice but trading Brian would be KW's and he's proven that he has some sort of faith in Brian despite the recent moves to the contrary. He's traded away 2 starting centerfielders in order to clear the way for Brian, he isn't going to cut bait now after 399 career at bats.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Mar 20, 2007 -> 09:55 PM)
Leaving Brian off the 25 man roster may be Ozzie's choice but trading Brian would be KW's and he's proven that he has some sort of faith in Brian despite the recent moves to the contrary. He's traded away 2 starting centerfielders in order to clear the way for Brian, he isn't going to cut bait now after 399 career at bats.

Agreed.

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Mar 20, 2007 -> 08:59 PM)
I don't think KW traded Rowand + Young away because he wanted to "clear the way" for BA -- he traded them because he wanted Vazquez and Thome. I'd bet KW would prefer either one of them to Brian Anderson.

Maybe Young, but not Rowand.

Just because someone throws themselves on the ground and smashes their face into a wall, it doesnt make them good.

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Mar 20, 2007 -> 08:59 PM)
I don't think KW traded Rowand + Young away because he wanted to "clear the way" for BA -- he traded them because he wanted Vazquez and Thome. I'd bet KW would prefer either one of them to Brian Anderson.

2 starter caliber centerfielders were made expendable by KW's trust in Brian Anderson to be a solid major league centerfielder. WTF is the difference? And to say that KW would probably take either of them over Anderson is sheer conjecture and has no place in this.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Mar 20, 2007 -> 09:02 PM)
Maybe Young, but not Rowand.

Just because someone throws themselves on the ground and smashes their face into a wall, it doesnt make them good.

yep

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Mar 20, 2007 -> 09:05 PM)
2 starter caliber centerfielders were made expendable by KW's trust in Brian Anderson to be a solid major league centerfielder. WTF is the difference and to say that KW would probably take either of them over Anderson is sheer conjecture and has no place in this.

yep

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Mar 20, 2007 -> 09:06 PM)
In the same off-season, Williams traded the top 2 CF on the White Sox organizational depth chart. Young was the center of that deal. Williams was able to trade both Rowand and Young because of the franchises faith in Anderson. They felt like they were dealing from a position of strength. Guess not.....

and yep

I'd trade him for Jorge Julio.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Mar 20, 2007 -> 09:06 PM)
In the same off-season, Williams traded the top 2 CF on the White Sox organizational depth chart. Young was the center of that deal. Williams was able to trade both Rowand and Young because of the franchises faith in Anderson. They felt like they were dealing from a position of strength. Guess not.....

What makes Young better then Anderson?

I personally am not a fan of Young, and at beast, IMO, he will be Mike Cameron Jr. (and there isn't anything wrong with that)

i wish ozzie was just pulling our chain because this is absolutely ridiculous. We've all heard that he is an 'honest manager', and i think it's pretty shady to say its a competition for CF and then hand it to a rusty vet whose underperformed and could be a detriment to the team.

Could it be possible that Anderson will not be traded until Javier Vazquez becomes the "star" KW thinks he can. Until the point of justification is met, we will continue to be fed the Anderson is the future CF crap only to have Erstad's option be picked up for 2008 (I believe he has one).

This whole CF situation is one big f*** up.

The real question is whether or not Darin Erstad would still have a job had he not done what he did in 2000.

QUOTE(BearSox @ Mar 20, 2007 -> 10:08 PM)
I'd trade him for Jorge Julio.

absolutely disgusting

Julio is a middle reliever who strikes guys out at a pretty proficient rate. His ERA of 4.23, WHIP of 1.32, and BB/9 of 4.5 does anything but strike confidence in me.

Arizona raked the Sox over the coals for one great CF prospect, regardless of how good Vazquez can (and I think will) be, it's not time to let them steal another great young CFer.

If BA were to get traded I think it would be to either Florida, Texas, or Seattle. They all need upgrades, or long term solutions at CF. Also I think having Owens and Terrero's spring performance may make it easier for KW to make a move. A lot will depend on how those three perform at the beginning of the season and how the organization feels about the development of Sweeney.

The problem is that I am not sure what any of those teams would have to offer us in return that would make a deal worth while. Maybe Tuisasasopo from the Mariners but not much else that I would be interested in.

Personally, I think some of the BA love around here needs to be called into question.

He's done nothing but fail when the team gave him more than a few chances to succeed. You can make up excuses, compare him to Crede, Konerko, or a plethora of other major leaguers that took years to develop, but the fact remains -- he's not any of those players -- he doesn't have the same personality, and apparantly, he rubs people in power the wrong way, so all comparisons fall short. He's not Pods, Konerko, Crede and he's not Erstad...life isn't fair, but he's not going to get the same treatment as they do, period. So please, do everyone a favor around here and stop the constant b****ing, moaning and crying about it.

It's almost as if BA promised to share some of his contract with you BA bandwagoners with how blindly you support him because he's good defensivly. Great. GRAND. Nobody cares. If BA was the guy you all claim he is, the orginization would probably be in love with him...but based upon how he's treated, not only by the manager but the general manager and most of the local Chicago media, I'm gonna have to guess BA did something, said something, or just outright makes people dislike him with his attitude and personality.

Some people rub people the wrong way. BA seems to have done that.

To F'ing bad. Like I said before for all you BA supporters and BA himself...life isn't fair. Cry more.

QUOTE(Y2HH @ Mar 21, 2007 -> 08:20 AM)
Personally, I think some of the BA love around here needs to be called into question.

He's done nothing but fail when the team gave him more than a few chances to succeed. You can make up excuses, compare him to Crede, Konerko, or a plethora of other major leaguers that took years to develop, but the fact remains -- he's not any of those players -- he doesn't have the same personality, and apparantly, he rubs people in power the wrong way, so all comparisons fall short. He's not Pods, Konerko, Crede and he's not Erstad...life isn't fair, but he's not going to get the same treatment as they do, period. So please, do everyone a favor around here and stop the constant b****ing, moaning and crying about it.

It's almost as if BA promised to share some of his contract with you BA bandwagoners with how blindly you support him because he's good defensivly. Great. GRAND. Nobody cares. If BA was the guy you all claim he is, the orginization would probably be in love with him...but based upon how he's treated, not only by the manager but the general manager and most of the local Chicago media, I'm gonna have to guess BA did something, said something, or just outright makes people dislike him with his attitude and personality.

Some people rub people the wrong way. BA seems to have done that.

To F'ing bad. Like I said before for all you BA supporters and BA himself...life isn't fair. Cry more.

Re-read the part in bold. Out loud. Then think about Mack in CF last year. Then ask yourself why people might care.

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Mar 21, 2007 -> 08:24 AM)
Re-read the part in bold. Out loud. Then think about Mack in CF last year. Then ask yourself why people might care.

Erstad changed his name to Mack?! When did this happen?

I'm gonna go out and speculate that since the Sox openly admitted they dislike using Mack in CF that they WON'T be doing so. They'll probably platoon CF with one of our other guys who can actually play CF.

Edited by Y2HH

Not gonna even comment on the BA venom you enjoy spewing, but tell me again, who is gonna play CF when Captain Courageous, Darrin Erstad needs a day off?

Mack was thrown into a CF fire by Oz because of a lack of confidence in BA hitting righties, something he did no worse than hitting lefties. And despite the fact that everyone and their mother knew that Mack shoulda been spelling Prancer in LF instead of BA in CF, Oz kept trotting him out there, because 'thats what was best for the kid'.

I think all BA b****ing should be placed on hold until final decisions are made on the upcoming roster cuts/opening day lineups.

I think, moreso than not, I'm taking an anti-BA approach around here because of the speculation that the team is going to do everything wrong and make all the wrong decisions BEFORE any are actually made. The openly biased BA love around here has been grating on me for weeks...so now I've just turned it to hate. :/ Not really saying that's right, either...but at least I'm willing to see what Erstad has in ACTUAL REAL GAMES versus spring training.

Based on spring training last year, BA was one of the best CF's offensivly and defensivly in ALL of baseball...and we all know how that worked out.

Yep. He struggled mightily offensively as most any rookie thrown into a starting job would do. BUT, what didn't change one bit, was that he was one of the best defensive outfielders in baseball, period. That didn't change one bit.

I'm ready to hush about it honestly too, until its confirmed that BA is going to Charlotte and we're going with the Prancer/Grinder 1-2 'punch' that all of Soxtalk will learn to loathe.

It's almost as if BA promised to share some of his contract with you BA bandwagoners with how blindly you support him because he's good defensivly.

You do know that the White Sox Starting staff aren't exactly made up of strikeout kings, correct? The Count and Vazquez can get some but Buehrle and Garland aren't so KW needs to make sure they don't field a bunch of stiffs with gloves on to play defense behind them. Brian Anderson's defense is essential to this team considering the fact Dye isn't getting younger, Pods' defense is mediocre at best and Erstad and Ozuna aren't the best options in LF, let alone CF.

Brian Anderson isn't going anywhere, Anderson fans. Relax.

It behooves the White Sox organization to keep Brian Anderson as the team's starting center-fielder. Do you really think the organization does not know this?

Boy, bring in some veteran competition for a struggling, loud-mouthed former-top-prospect and everybody on Soxtalk gets a little bit jumpy.

You can still wear your Anderson fan-boy jerseys for at least another year.