You knew Mariotti was waiting to write this one...

caulfield12

QUOTE(Texsox @ Apr 5, 2007 -> 12:29 PM)
He would have fit in really well around here. I think it is so funny for any Sox fan to complain about flip flopping. There was many a day in '05 that I was the only person here who actually thought the skid was good and would help the post season. We have a lot of Mariottis here who post the same stuff that Mariotti publishes. This aint rocket science. Almost any fan can come up with the same stuff that is published daily in every newspaper in North America.

Well, the main difference with that is almost everyone here wanted the Sox to succeed, and I truly believe that Hysteriotti roots for failure because an angry column is 1,000 times easier to write than a congratulatory one.

He's a miserable little troll who unfortunately has far too great a presence for my liking.

QUOTE(The Critic @ Apr 5, 2007 -> 05:40 PM)
Well, the main difference with that is almost everyone here wanted the Sox to succeed, and I truly believe that Hysteriotti roots for failure because an angry column is 1,000 times easier to write than a congratulatory one.

He's a miserable little troll who unfortunately has far too great a presence for my liking.

I can assure that Mariotti wants the Sox to go 0-162.

QUOTE(The Critic @ Apr 5, 2007 -> 12:40 PM)

Valid point. But the truth is he mimics Sox fans almost 100% and it's funny how the same posters that agree with him, get mad at him. And perhaps the most ironic part if he did post his columns here, he wouldn't even be the most negative poster. :D

Mariotti is a complete moron. He said he was rooting for the Sox to win the World Series in 2005 but I'm sure he secretly was hoping the Sox wouldn't win it all. And we all know that he wants to Cubs to win so much more than the White Sox. What kind of person who supposevily is supposed to represent his home town team would say he "smirkily" watched the past 2 games. What Mariotti is, is a pathetic jealous prick who is still mad that after hammering the White Sox to spend like the Cubs in the early 2000's, Kenny Williams proved him wrong and won it all, something his precious Cubs can't do.

QUOTE(WilliamTell @ Apr 5, 2007 -> 12:54 PM)
Mariotti is a complete moron. He said he was rooting for the Sox to win the World Series in 2005 but I'm sure he secretly was hoping the Sox wouldn't win it all. And we all know that he wants to Cubs to win so much more than the White Sox. What kind of person who supposevily is supposed to represent his home town team would say he "smirkily" watched the past 2 games. What Mariotti is, is a pathetic jealous prick who is still mad that after hammering the White Sox to spend like the Cubs in the early 2000's, Kenny Williams proved him wrong and won it all, something his precious Cubs can't do.

Funny. Cub fans hate him too.

You're all quick to jump on Mariotti's balls, but how many of us didn't at one time or another, or still don't agree with him?

Sitting on your rump is no way to do business, especially when the Sox won the Series only 18 months ago and, truth be known, could be on a three-straight run with the right moves. But Williams blundered at the July trade deadline by remaining idle, and he erred over the winter by trading Freddy Garcia and Brandon McCarthy for a lot of unproven kids who may or may not help in the future. The problem wasn't necessarily in dealing Garcia and McCarthy, who lost his first start in Texas. It was what the Sox didn't get in return -- and what they didn't purchase on the open market. They stood pat with deteriorating rotation elements and fought us all the way on it. Then, in one of the franchise's weirdest moves ever, they suddenly threw $34.5 million at a weak link like Vazquez.

I mean, that's all pretty obvious. I do think the Sox will turn it around, but we can't blindly not question the moves of KW (which we all did btw)... though he would have been a bigger man typing that last week instead of 2 losses into 2007, for sure.

QUOTE(Texsox @ Apr 5, 2007 -> 12:42 PM)
Valid point. But the truth is he mimics Sox fans almost 100% and it's funny how the same posters that agree with him, get mad at him. And perhaps the most ironic part if he did post his columns here, he wouldn't even be the most negative poster. :D

Thank you.

QUOTE(Steve9347 @ Apr 5, 2007 -> 01:01 PM)
You're all quick to jump on Mariotti's balls, but how many of us didn't at one time or another, or still don't agree with him?

I mean, that's all pretty obvious. I do think the Sox will turn it around, but we can't blindly not question the moves of KW (which we all did btw)... though he would have been a bigger man typing that last week instead of 2 losses into 2007, for sure.

Thank you.

If you/Mariotti thought Soriano would fix our starting pitching and bullpen problems, then miraculously lead us the to the World Series again...well, whatever. The White Sox in 2006 were a carbon copy of the Red Sox of 2005, we just had the misfortune (or luck) of not being torn apart in the playoffs. Was a Cardinals-esque run possible for the Sox after last August and September, I guess, but likely, NO.