Ozzie

daa84

North is a big blowhard and although I listen to him, sometimes he is unlistenable. But I feel MJH are just as unlistenable sometimes as well.

First off, Ozzie is a big baby sometimes. He is starting to remind me of Ditka after the Bears won the Superbowl. Anyone who questioned him, he went off on and acted like a big jerkoff. Ozzie will eventually lose this team. Sooner or later the players will tune him out.

As for the poster above talking about Sirius radio. Great, I like Sirius and XM, but where would you hear that particular interview on Sirius?

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(retro1983hat @ May 18, 2007 -> 10:03 AM)
North is a big blowhard and although I listen to him, sometimes he is unlistenable. But I feel MJH are just as unlistenable sometimes as well.

First off, Ozzie is a big baby sometimes. He is starting to remind me of Ditka after the Bears won the Superbowl. Anyone who questioned him, he went off on and acted like a big jerkoff. Ozzie will eventually lose this team. Sooner or later the players will tune him out.

As for the poster above talking about Sirius radio. Great, I like Sirius and XM, but where would you hear that particular interview on Sirius?

You are probably right. In fact, it's only a matter of time unless Ozzie's smarter than I think is he is.

QUOTE(YASNY @ May 18, 2007 -> 11:08 AM)
You are probably right. In fact, it's only a matter of time unless Ozzie's smarter than I think is he is.

I dont think so. He was a past player which helps in the respect factor and as long as we have good veterans on the team there will be no problem. I dont see Konerko/Buehrle/Garland/Thome etc. shutting him out anytime soon and if he has those guys respect nobody else in the clubhouse is going to mess with him.

I thought Mike North was losing his radio spot soon anyways, so in the longrun no harm done.

I heard the whole thing live. I don't think Ozzie called in, he was scheduled to come on the show with North. Ozzie could not get a word in. North kept yelling over him and even after Ozzie said he wouldn't swear, North kept yelling over him and Ozzie finally hung up.

Good radio, both guys are to blame.

QUOTE(Brian @ May 18, 2007 -> 11:25 AM)
I heard the whole thing live. I don't think Ozzie called in, he was scheduled to come on the show with North. Ozzie could not get a word in. North kept yelling over him and even after Ozzie said he wouldn't swear, North kept yelling over him and Ozzie finally hung up.

Good radio, both guys are to blame.

I don't know if that is good radio, in fact, that is pretty much horrible radio. Good radio would be both guys getting their turns with no swears and arguing civilly. This is pretty much why both guys get a bad rap, because they are both stubborn.

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ May 18, 2007 -> 11:26 AM)
You know what I meant. But let's rephrase: Ozzie protects his good players, and his hardworking players.

We all know the work ethic of those two players and Brandon certainly had nothing to do with us making the playoffs in 05.

As for this, if North was being a douche then I have absolutely no problem with Ozzie going off on him.

QUOTE(Controlled Chaos @ May 18, 2007 -> 11:30 AM)
North is such a loud mouth. He got to scream and yell about one thing and he kept at it.

Sounds like a fake argument to me....just listened to the audio.

QUOTE(retro1983hat @ May 18, 2007 -> 11:03 AM)

I meant it wouldn't be censored.

And I heard the AJ interview, his quote was taken so far out of context. He is upset he wasn't playing cuz he said it is a big series. He didn't rip anyone. He said he would love to play everyday. I think he realizes that Toby is the right move but is just being passionate about his job.

I don't think AJ meant anything towards Ozzie or anyone.

QUOTE(YASNY @ May 18, 2007 -> 11:08 AM)

Ozzie has to be smarter than most people give him credit for. You don't win a world series if you are a completely phsycopathic idiot especially with that team. Its not like had a team full of all-stars that won it.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ May 18, 2007 -> 11:45 AM)
Ozzie has to be smarter than most people give him credit for. You don't win a world series if you are a completely phsycopathic idiot especially with that team. Its not like had a team full of all-stars that won it.

agreed :cheers

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ May 18, 2007 -> 11:26 AM)
You know what I meant. But let's rephrase: Ozzie protects his hardworking players.

You don't even need the "good" He will stand up for the guys who are team-oriented hardworkers, no matter good or bad players.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ May 18, 2007 -> 11:45 AM)

GRINDERS!

QUOTE(The Ginger Kid @ May 18, 2007 -> 11:49 AM)
there is something very unnerving - and at the same time fascinating - about someone who has zero impulse control. AJ is the one who should keep a lid on it, IMO.

I would like to have heard what AJ said. Of course AJ wants to play. Especially against the Cubs and Barrett. I have no problem with him saying so.

Now if he said Ozzie is an idiot and this is Bulls***...I shoud be starting, then AJ would be wrong.

QUOTE(Controlled Chaos @ May 18, 2007 -> 11:55 AM)
I would like to have heard what AJ said. Of course AJ wants to play. Especially against the Cubs and Barrett. I have no problem with him saying so.

Now if he said Ozzie is an idiot and this is Bulls***...I shoud be starting, then AJ would be wrong.

what AJ said is also on the scores webpage.

QUOTE(Controlled Chaos @ May 18, 2007 -> 09:55 AM)

I agree, that would have been worse. But I hate hearing any player whine about not playing. No matter how you cut it, it undermines a manager/coach's decision. And I'm sure it's what had Ozzie fired up.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ May 18, 2007 -> 10:45 AM)

I agree with you there. I just don't know if Ozzie can maintain credibility with his players over the long haul. I think his 'buffoon" persona will catch up with him eventually.

Mike North shouldn't even have a license to be on the radio for the first part. Second off, if AJ was having a problem with not playing, he should have taken it up with Ozzie. I know AJ wants to play every day, but he's in no place to be talking to a low-life radio host like North about it on the air.

Also, I really think the torn Labrum was something Toby already had. I in fact knew some people who had torn labrums, but were still able to play. I think in the ST, he aggravated it by that dive. I think he will be fine for the rest of the year.

And it's not like AJ has a canon behind the plate either.