Motherf***ingdips***dumbass Ozzie

aboz56

QUOTE(fathom @ May 18, 2007 -> 04:18 PM)
Brought in MacDougal to face a switch-hitter. Coming into today, MacDougal was allowing lefty hitters to hit him at a .417 clip. If you're going to bring him in, then let him face Theriot.

I had no problem with bringing in Hall to face Pagan, your setup man should be able to get a AAAA OF out... and Mac looked really good yesterday too. The problem was why was he out there in the 8th, which was just completely dumb. But regardless because of our anemic offense didnt matter if we were down 1 run or 3.

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Greg The Bull Luzinski @ May 18, 2007 -> 09:20 PM)
^^^^^^

DING DING DING DING

Did Ozzie do his homework to know this? Or was he busy thinking of his next insult for Jay Mariotti?

Even though I have no problem with his argument today, his verbal immaturity with Mike North got him one step closer to the exit door though. He needs to show some professionalism....and I'm sure KW just loved his comments today.

QUOTE(G&T @ May 18, 2007 -> 04:18 PM)
I'm really interested to see what happens with Hall. Had a good game today, and I'm wondering how long it takes for him to end up in a prolonged slump.

Well, Hall isn't a good hitter. Look at his career numbers, and you'll draw the same conclusion. Don't blame Walker when Hall shows that he isn't Jorge Posada.

Well, s***, we're going to lose upwards of 70 games this year. This loss has no effect on anyone else on the AL, giving them a better record. These games are of the least consequence.

I'd really like to see us sport a real LF though. Terrero and Sweeney aren't doing it for me. It'd be super if Brian could figure it out and become a member of our OF again. I still think Ryan needs another year in AAA.

QUOTE(TheHolyBovine @ May 18, 2007 -> 03:21 PM)
Well, Hall isn't a good hitter. Look at his career numbers, and you'll draw the same conclusion. Don't blame Walker when Hall shows that he isn't Jorge Posada.
Look at his career numbers vs. lefties. You will see a big difference.

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ May 18, 2007 -> 04:20 PM)
The thing with Ozzie is this...

Fine MacDougal blows the f***ing game, you're down 1...ok. BUT HOW DO YOU SEND HIM BACK OUT IN THE 8TH?

Exactly. I had no problem with bringing him in during the 7th (not to face Pagan, as fathom said). Aardsma or one of the lefties should have started the 7th, because Buehrle had no business hitting.

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ May 18, 2007 -> 09:20 PM)

Fine MacDougal blows the f***ing game, you're down 1...ok. BUT HOW DO YOU SEND HIM BACK OUT IN THE 8TH?

I've said this for four years now. If the Sox are down by a run or two in the 8th inning, Ozzie never manages with any urgency. It's like he's one of us and just starts pouting and says "f*** this, the game is over".

QUOTE(fathom @ May 18, 2007 -> 04:18 PM)
Brought in MacDougal to face a switch-hitter. Coming into today, MacDougal was allowing lefty hitters to hit him at a .417 clip. If you're going to bring him in, then let him face Theriot.

Wow so one move lost the game entirely for us. Not the four errors, not the fact that this team can't hit for s***.

QUOTE(fathom @ May 18, 2007 -> 04:21 PM)
Even though I have no problem with his argument today, his verbal immaturity with Mike North got him one step closer to the exit door though. He needs to show some professionalism....and I'm sure KW just loved his comments today.

It was a great thing to see/hear from the most visible leader of the organization.

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ May 18, 2007 -> 04:20 PM)

What if we need Aardsma tomorrow...when we're ahead? If you now consider Aardsma and Thornton the two primary set-up men for the games we're winning, then I suppose it makes some sense.

What are the odds of our offense scoring a run against a guy who has converted 89% of his save opportunities, yesterday notwithstanding?

The Mets have one of the best offenses in baseball, we are the worst, pretty much.

QUOTE(Heads22 @ May 18, 2007 -> 03:22 PM)
Well, s***, we're going to lose upwards of 70 games this year. This loss has no effect on anyone else on the AL, giving them a better record. These games are of the least consequence.

I'd really like to see us sport a real LF though. Terrero and Sweeney aren't doing it for me. It'd be super if Brian could figure it out and become a member of our OF again. I still think Ryan needs another year in AAA.

The only thing Sweeney needs is a real hitting coach.

QUOTE(Heads22 @ May 18, 2007 -> 04:22 PM)

I tend to agree with you, this loss was obviously pathetic, but Javy has been pitching well, so go get them tomorrow. Zambrano has had 1 good start recentally, and he is a head case, so I'm not quite putting that one in the loss column just yet

QUOTE(Heads22 @ May 18, 2007 -> 04:22 PM)

You want Anderson and Erstad to start in LF and CF?

We will average 3.5 runs per game for the rest of the season with that line-up.

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ May 18, 2007 -> 05:20 PM)

That much I agree with. That was just a bizarre call, with a struggling reliever late in a close game.

It wasn't the difference, but it was just a poor decision.

QUOTE(caulfield12 @ May 18, 2007 -> 03:23 PM)
What if we need Aardsma tomorrow...when we're ahead? If you now consider Aardsma and Thornton the two primary set-up men for the games we're winning, then I suppose it makes some sense.

What are the odds of our offense scoring a run against a guy who has converted 89% of his save opportunities, yesterday notwithstanding?

The Mets have one of the best offenses in baseball, we are the worst, pretty much.

Did you see the lineup the Mets had out there yesterday?

http://chicago.cubs.mlb.com/news/wrap.jsp?...p&team=away

QUOTE(jenksd @ May 18, 2007 -> 09:23 PM)
Wow so one move lost the game entirely for us. Not the four errors, not the fact that this team can't hit for s***.

I could have sworn I answered your question about a move Ozzie made that led to the loss today. When you're up 3-1 with 9 outs remaining, you go for the f***ing win and don't assume you'll score another run that game.

Maybe it's just the fathom in me speaking, but even when we were up 3-1, it just felt like waiting for the other shoe to drop with the Sox. That says nothing of Buehrle, who was pretty good -- not as efficient as he usually is with his pitches, but still pretty good -- but that one (then two) run lead never really had me comfortable.

The Sox really need to win tomorrow, as I'm not liking that Sunday matchup one bit.

Edited by CWSGuy406

QUOTE(WhiteSoxfan1986 @ May 18, 2007 -> 04:26 PM)
What exactly happened to Crede today? I find it hard to believe he couldn't have played. Pablo was a real suckfest out there.

I have the exact same question, Pablo isn't setting the world on fire, Crede's D should have given the edge if it was a coin toss

QUOTE(jackie hayes @ May 18, 2007 -> 04:25 PM)
That much I agree with. That was just a bizarre call, with a struggling reliever late in a close game.

It wasn't the difference, but it was just a poor decision.

It was like Ozzie said f*** IT, we lost this one. So maybe I can teach McDoofus something. Ya Ozzie, you showed him he doesn't know how to pitch.